PDA

View Full Version : hellmuth in stars 100-200

snakehead
03-15-2005, 05:23 PM
I got a kick from some of the comments on rgp about what a great player phil is when playing in this game. below is a hh of a hand I played with him. he quit shortly after that, with comments from the remaining players of, "there goes the game," and "game over, man." the game broke down to a few hardcores a few minutes after he left.

PokerStars Game #xxxx: Hold'em Limit ($100/$200) -
(ET)

Table 'Suevia' Seat #8 is the button
Seat 1: B Buddy ($24605 in chips)
Seat 2: scoopydo ($2047 in chips)
Seat 3: wild chinese ($3834.50 in chips)
Seat 4: GROGAN ($3970.50 in chips)
Seat 5: Dan Druff ($2514 in chips)
Seat 6: offthenuts ($2847 in chips)
Seat 7: Spyder44 ($3359 in chips)
Seat 8: Joe Medwick ($15966 in chips)
Seat 9:snakehead($4800 in chips)
Seat 10: #1_Lucky_One ($1500 in chips)

mtnman: posts small blind $50
#1_Lucky_One: posts big blind $100
*** HOLE CARDS ***

Dealt to snakehead [6d Ah]
B Buddy: folds
B Buddy leaves the table
scoopydo: folds
wild chinese: folds
GROGAN: folds
Dan Druff: folds
offthenuts: folds
Spyder44: folds
Joe Medwick: folds
thedonator joins the table at seat #1

snakehead: raises $100 to $200
thedonator is sitting out
#1_Lucky_One: calls $100

*** FLOP *** [5s 4h 7s]

snakehead: bets $100
#1_Lucky_One: raises $100 to $200
snakehead: calls $100

*** TURN *** [5s 4h 7s] [7c]
snakehead: checks
#1_Lucky_One: bets $200
snakehead: raises $200 to $400
#1_Lucky_One: calls $200

*** RIVER *** [5s 4h 7s 7c] [Ad]
snakehead: bets $200
#1_Lucky_One: calls $200
*** SHOW DOWN ***

snakehead: shows [6d Ah] (two pair, Aces and Sevens)
#1_Lucky_One: mucks hand
snakehead collected $1997 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***

Total pot $2000 | Rake $3
Board [5s 4h 7s 7c Ad]
Seat 1: B Buddy folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: scoopydo folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: wild chinese folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: GROGAN folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: Dan Druff folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: offthenuts folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: Spyder44 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: Joe Medwick (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: snakehead (small blind) showed [6d Ah] and won ($1997) with two pair, Aces and Sevens
Seat 10: #1_Lucky_One (big blind) mucked [Ks 9h]

J.A.Sucker
03-15-2005, 05:53 PM
Ni han. There's a reason that Phil stopped playing at Bay 101 years ago. They chewed him up.

BTW: You may want to edit the post since you forgot to change your screenname once.

Rushmore
03-15-2005, 05:57 PM
I don't think I got all of that. I hope it's in his book so I can really study it. What I really need help with is the call of your check-raise on the turn with K-high/no draw.

Aceshigh7
03-15-2005, 06:55 PM
I'm sure he's still up in that game. Over the last year I have seen him score 20 grand or more within an hour or so multiple times. And when he does lose his average losses were nowhere near that big.

droidboy
03-15-2005, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I got all of that. I hope it's in his book so I can really study it. What I really need help with is the call of your check-raise on the turn with K-high/no draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was defending against exactly what snakeman had. A draw. Unfortunatly for Phil, snakeman's kicker was an ace. Phil's big mistake wasn't calling the k/r, or calling on the river. It was betting the turn.

- Andrew

www.pokerstove.com (http://www.pokerstove.com)

Rushmore
03-15-2005, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He was defending against exactly what snakeman had. A draw. Unfortunatly for Phil, snakeman's kicker was an ace. Phil's big mistake wasn't calling the k/r, or calling on the river. It was betting the turn.

- Andrew

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, betting the turn was a mistake. Calling the raise was compounding the mistake. I'm sure you agree. He's getting 6:1 effective, MAYBE 8:1 implied, and has 6 weak potential outs, let's count 5, liberally. He has obviously decided to call down with K-high against all but the scariest river cards. He must have Snakehead on Q-high or worse when he check-raised the turn, I guess. I see this all the time in that game, guys falling in love with their reads.

The math dictates a fold to the raise on the turn. Am I missing something? Even if we count all six outs as clean, and we throw in the 5-10% that his king is good, it's STILL a fold.

snakehead
03-15-2005, 11:40 PM
then how do you explain everyone jumping in the game whenever he shows up?

snakehead
03-15-2005, 11:43 PM
I think I need help with his play on every street, but especially his smooth call btf with a decent hand against an automatic raise from the sb.

snakehead
03-15-2005, 11:46 PM
heh, I guess I've been outed. now everyone can go to pokertracker and see how bad I play.

and I thought I was being so clever.

Sponger15SB
03-15-2005, 11:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
then how do you explain everyone jumping in the game whenever he shows up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, maybe some of them want to play with a superstar pro?

If Phil Ivey sat in the game I guarentee it would be fill up super fast.

droidboy
03-15-2005, 11:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
heh, I guess I've been outed. now everyone can go to pokertracker and see how bad I play.

and I thought I was being so clever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lesee...

I've got you down as ubernit.

- Andrew

www.pokerstove.com (http://www.pokerstove.com)

blingice
03-16-2005, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I got a kick from some of the comments on rgp about what a great player phil is when playing in this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also think it's funny that I have RGP as my home page, yet I NEVER hear them talk about how good Phil is! In fact, they spend most of the posts insulting him if he is mentioned. Also, good luck passing off #1_Lucky_One as Hellmuth, although I see a few people have already fell for it. Phil rants about how he will "only play on/recommend Ultimate Bet" or something like that (I think that's what he said). Also, since he pretty much created UB and funded it, I think he has a pretty strong devotion to it.
Know what you say before you say it.
P.S. Have you ever even been to RGP/posted on it?

/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Bling.

Aceshigh7
03-16-2005, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I got a kick from some of the comments on rgp about what a great player phil is when playing in this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also think it's funny that I have RGP as my home page, yet I NEVER hear them talk about how good Phil is! In fact, they spend most of the posts insulting him if he is mentioned. Also, good luck passing off #1_Lucky_One as Hellmuth, although I see a few people have already fell for it. Phil rants about how he will "only play on/recommend Ultimate Bet" or something like that (I think that's what he said). Also, since he pretty much created UB and funded it, I think he has a pretty strong devotion to it.

/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Bling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, I think you need to take some of your own advice and know what you say before you say it.
#1_Lucky_One is indeed Phil Hellmuth and he has publicly admitted that.

Rushmore
03-16-2005, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This post wins this week's Something Wrong In Every Sentence Award.

The prize is a one-way ticket back to RGP.

HiatusOver
03-16-2005, 12:48 AM
Snakehead you said

>>>I think I need help with his play on every street, but especially his smooth call btf with a decent hand against an automatic raise from the sb.<<<

OK, I am not bashing anything in this sentence, just trying to learn...you first claim that your raise from the SB here is "automatic" meaning you would do it with 62o...is this the optimal play? Why?

Second you seem to think that Hellmuth is making a big mistake if he is not "ALWAYS" 3-betting a SB raise HU with K9o...Why is this such a big mistake?

Again, my heads up high-limit game is not where I want it to be...could you explain what I am not understanding here?

cwsiggy
03-16-2005, 01:24 AM
If Hellmuth "pretty much" created and funded UB, he wouldn't need to say "someday I'll be worth $20 million". He'd already be there big time.

PoBoy321
03-16-2005, 02:12 AM
Well, he did have the 4th nut no pair.

DangerGoodson
03-16-2005, 02:23 AM
this thread seems fishy /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jedi
03-16-2005, 11:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I also think it's funny that I have RGP as my home page,

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I couldn't get past this line.

HiatusOver
03-16-2005, 03:55 PM
Snakehead can u please address my questions in my last post?

snakehead
03-16-2005, 05:26 PM
I wouldn't make the play with 62. but if I'm going to play, I'm going to raise. that could be a very wide variety of hands, may of which are worse than K9. this game is very aggressive.

now why don't you ask prock why he calle me a nit.

droidboy
03-16-2005, 09:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't make the play with 62.

now why don't you ask prock why he called me a nit.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do a good job of answering the question yourself.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'd like to note, it's more correct to make this play with 62 than it is with A6.

- Andrew