PDA

View Full Version : Yet More On Ryder Cup

Bill Murphy
10-01-2002, 11:53 PM
The criticism of the US's backloaded Sunday lineup is BS. If the Phold can manage to beat Mr. 119 in the world & Tiger doesn't show mercy on his pimp, ERR, the guy who set him up w/the Swedish mega-hottie, that's the needed 1.5 points to tie right there. Also, slaps are due to Furyk & Love for not putting away their matches early.

Still, beyond mega-props to Monty & Langer. Monty has now played 27 consecutive RC matches, one short of Seve's record. Also credit Serge for dragging the corpse of Lee Westwood to 3 points.

Uston
10-02-2002, 01:09 PM
Red Dragon opens in a mere two days. What are you doing still worrying about the Ryder Cup?

Bill Murphy
10-02-2002, 08:11 PM
Point. The previews look good[whatta cast] but I can already tell it ain't as good as "Manhunter".

Uston
10-03-2002, 11:38 AM
Actually, I would go so far as to say I hated Manhunter. I saw it after seeing Silence Of The Lambs and reading Red Dragon twice and I thought it was one of the most disappointing movies I'd ever seen. Expecting someone to do a better Hannibal Lecter than Anthony Hopkins is like expecting a PGA player to have an uglier swing than Jim Furyk. Not gonna happen.