PDA

View Full Version : Flame away

montybear
03-15-2005, 05:02 PM
PP 10+1 SNG, third hand. I haven't played a hand yet, and villian in this hand has been the BB, SB and is now on the button.
BB Hero t800 with J /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif posts t30
all folded to button (t770) raises to t50
SB folds, I call
pot t110; flop J /images/graemlins/club.gif, 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
I check, villian bets t70
I C/R to t200, villain thinks, then calls
turn 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I check, villian raises all in
???
Results in white
<font color="white"> I call, he flips over AKo, river is a spade and MHIG. </font>
Please comment on everything. Thanks

Scuba Chuck
03-15-2005, 05:05 PM
I think you'd find this a little less dangerous by just betting the flop. TP2K is always a little leary, but the flush draw gives you tremendous confidence.

But, as it was, you got a lot more chips than I would have. Perhaps I could learn more from you.

Something to consider. Instead of that jack on the flop, consider if it were a king. How would you feel about your play then? Would you do anything different?

montybear
03-15-2005, 05:08 PM
If it was the K /images/graemlins/club.gif, giving me TP3K, I probably still C/R the flop, but I think i'm too weak-tight to call an all-in on the turn.

shoeman
03-15-2005, 05:08 PM
If this is the 3rd hand of a PP SNG than the BB would be 15 and not 30. If there was a raise to 50 in this situation, I would fold pre-flop.

If I played this hand, I would also go for a check raise on the flop as long as you were sure that Villian would bet. When you are called, push the turn. If villian had an overpair, you could expect a re-raise all-in on the flop. But you don't want to give Villian a free river card.

microbet
03-15-2005, 05:21 PM
When I'm in the BB on the third hand I usually post t15.

Regarding calling the allin, I would do it. His call on the flop to your reraise looks like he doesn't have a real strong hand and his all-in on the turn looks like steal/semi-bluff with a draw. But then again, I cheated and looked at the results. I try not to do that, but sometimes can't help it.

Scuba Chuck
03-15-2005, 06:25 PM
IMO, if you CR the flop with the K /images/graemlins/club.gif, villain will put you allin. Pot odds will then be giving you 2:1 odds to call on a likely 9 out flush draw and 3 out jack draw.

You have to have extreme confidence that villain does not have a Jack in your example. And I agree. It's hard to tell on whether he may or may not have QQ, KK, or AA tho.

curtains
03-15-2005, 06:31 PM
Your hand is very strong, and you should be satisfied with getting all your money in the pot as quickly as possible. There is nothing this button raiser could do to make me ever fold postflop. I would have bet out the turn however.

Costanza
03-15-2005, 08:17 PM
I still feel like my post-flop play really sucks, so I wanted to post what I thought about the hand so you guys can tell me why I'm wrong.

A preflop raise like that on the 3rd hand of a tournament from me would mean AA, KK, QQ or AK. Of course this is an $11 tournament, so my range of hands for him would be 77+, AX (suited or not), KXs or any 2 face cards.

His flop bet didn't help me much, but when he called your CR I put him on something that beats a pair of jacks: AA, KK, QQ or a set. I would have thought he called that with the intention of pushing the turn if no spades fell.

So, in other words, I'd have folded the turn.

Now, please don't think I feel this is the right way to play this hand. I wish the results weren't availiable so we couldn't say it absolutely isn't right in this case. But enough other people have agreed with playing this agressively -- even on the 3rd hand of a tournament -- that I'm thinking that I'm more than just a LITTLE weak-tight.

curtains
03-15-2005, 08:18 PM
Yes too weak tight, Id never in my wildest dreams fold KJs on J high 2 spades flop headsup against a button raiser in a sit and go. They could have anything!!!