PDA

View Full Version : Good QQ play?

Womble
03-15-2005, 04:57 PM
On the button with Q /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, I raise, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls

Flop: 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB bets, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, I raise, BB reraises, MP2 folds, I call

Turn J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB bets, I call

River T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, I check

Lookin again I think I did this wrong. I think I should have capped the flop and called down if led into on the turn, bet if checked to on the turn.

No reads as this was only the 12 hand or something

bozlax
03-15-2005, 05:05 PM
How about this line: call the flop, as you did, then raise the turn. If reraised, I think you can believe the set and fold; if called, I think you're good for the rest of the hand.

Nick Royale
03-15-2005, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lookin again I think I did this wrong. I think I should have capped the flop and called down if led into on the turn, bet if checked to on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not betting the river when checked to is the worst mistake IMO.

Firefly
03-15-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I should have capped the flop and called down if led into on the turn, bet if checked to on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Atleast you knew the right line, you just gotta execute. I think you can bet the river the way you played it

DoctorDrew
03-15-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think I should have capped the flop and called down if led into on the turn, bet if checked to on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Atleast you knew the right line, you just gotta execute. I think you can bet the river the way you played it

[/ QUOTE ]

bozlax
03-15-2005, 05:18 PM
You guys are much more optimistic than I am. I think on the flop Villan is telling us he's got at least TPGK. Since he didn't raise PF, I'm ruling out JJ/KK/AA, but I think it's pretty likely he's playing AT/KT/QT/JT or he flopped a set with 66/77. On the river, I'm inclined to believe he's going for an ill-advised C/R when he doesn't bet out.

But, since you didn't show any aggression after the first flop raise, it's much harder to put him on a hand.

Go Blue
03-15-2005, 05:42 PM
The ten on the river could have possibly given you 2 pair protection, if he had 67, J7, J6, which is definitely possible because he was a blind and didn't raise preflop. I bet the river.

Jonny Melon
03-15-2005, 06:32 PM
Bet the river.

Jon

TomBrooks
03-15-2005, 07:23 PM
Tom sez:

FLOP: Cap the flop. The pot is too big to allow BB to draw cheaply to a straight or flush, and if he is doing so, you are not going to get him to fold to the bet your going to make on the turn if he checks the turn. You want to charge him as much as you can while he's drawing and you are still ahead. This is also a good way while the bets are still small to try to find out if he has two pair, a set or a straight.

If he has one of those made hands, he will tell you by calling the flop cap and betting out on the turn. Depending on the opponent you might be able to fold here, but I probably don't fold here. I call and check/call or bet/fold the river. This might be a leak I have though. What do you think?

If he check-raises the turn, I fold. Very few players have the cojones to make that kind of bluff into the aggression you have shown so far, or to pay that much to draw.

If he check/calls the turn and checks the river, I bet - clicking forcefully on my mouse and shouting "Call that, mutha fu..!" If he checkraises the river, you can probably fold because the second ten gave him a set, but with the pot so big, I probably call that too.

How does that sound?

=TomBk

Nick Royale
03-17-2005, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cap the flop

[/ QUOTE ]
Definately an alternative, but since I believe hero's ahead around 50% of the time here I don't dislike hero's flop line.

[ QUOTE ]
Depending on the opponent you might be able to fold here, but I probably don't fold here. I call and check/call or bet/fold the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're thinking about folding the turn for 1 bet after capping the flop I think you should not cap the flop.

[ QUOTE ]
The pot is too big to allow BB to draw cheaply to a straight or flush

[/ QUOTE ]
Doesn't make much sense to me. Why do you think he's on a draw? The few times he's on a flush draw he still have decent equity on the flop. With 2 overs and a flush draw he has greater equity than Hero. A cap will rarely charge a draw in this situation. A downside to capping the flop is that it might set up a turn check/raise.

I'll probably just call the flop 3-bet (but capping is also fine). What's important is to bet the river IMO.

Isura
03-17-2005, 02:41 PM
Calling the flop is okay. A good draw is already getting odds here, it's okay to wait for a good turn card (for you) to raise where your equity is much higher. So raise the turn. If he calls and checks, bet the river. If he 3-bets, call down unless the river is really scary.

davelin
03-17-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Calling the flop is okay. A good draw is already getting odds here, it's okay to wait for a good turn card (for you) to raise where your equity is much higher. So raise the turn. If he calls and checks, bet the river. If he 3-bets, call down unless the river is really scary.

[/ QUOTE ]

A good draw can call the turn too. I like raising the flop because of our equity and to protect against random low-drawing hands.