PDA

View Full Version : Laptop problem, someone know the solution to this problem?

SpicyF
03-15-2005, 04:31 PM
Ok, I have a problem.

I have a Sony Vaio Laptop, the screen is broken so it is just all white on the screen when I start it. I used to use my laptop to output to my projector, via a plain monitor cable. For this to happend I had to like "switch the secondary monitor on" from within the computer. This I can't do anymore.
Any ideas/suggestions on how I could make the 2nd monitor work without doing any settings in windows?

TimM
03-15-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I have a problem.

I have a Sony Vaio Laptop, the screen is broken so it is just all white on the screen when I start it. I used to use my laptop to output to my projector, via a plain monitor cable. For this to happend I had to like "switch the secondary monitor on" from within the computer. This I can't do anymore.
Any ideas/suggestions on how I could make the 2nd monitor work without doing any settings in windows?

[/ QUOTE ]

Try booting in safe mode with the second monitor connected? I think it will put you in clone mode with both screens showing the same thing.

Mars357
03-15-2005, 04:40 PM
not knowing much about this particular brand of laptop, here is a SWAG,

Function F8

Or, your function key and which ever key has CRT/LCD or a monitor/monitor icon on it....

Mars

SpicyF
03-15-2005, 04:43 PM
yeah I have a box on F7 that says LCD in it. So I should press something like the Fn key and F7 when I boot?

mostsmooth
03-15-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah I have a box on F7 that says LCD in it. So I should press something like the Fn key and F7 when I boot?

[/ QUOTE ]
im fairly certain you would do this once the laptop is up and running

SpicyF
03-15-2005, 04:49 PM
Ok, well... Sure I can let it load for a while. Would it be a problem if there was this win xp login? Like you know.. "select user" etc. Since I can't see anything it's hard to click on "login" button..

mostsmooth
03-15-2005, 04:54 PM
1) i would think once the laptop gets to that point, you can then use the function keys
2)why do you have your laptop setup for logging in?
3)you probably dont recall, but is "login" semi selected when it pops up in that if you were to hit enter, that button would be chosen?(you know what i mean?). if so, hit enter, type your login name, hit tab, type your password, then tab then enter.(the tab at the end is a pure guess)

SpicyF
03-15-2005, 04:58 PM
2. I dont know, it was this when I bought it I think and I never changed /images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. yes that might work, will goof around and see what happends, I have not tested it yet, but will soon.

SpicyF
03-15-2005, 05:02 PM
btw, another Q about laptops and secondary monitor. Do I need a special TV-out thingie to run it on a a regular TV? Like on the TV I might wanna run it on later, there is scart connections and I think its called S-VHS? its like 3 RCA connectors, yellow (for video i think and red/black for audio). Is it possible to use some kind of special cable that u plug in the monitor output on the laptop (i think its called a serial-port?) and plug it via S-VHS on the other end?

Alot of rambling in this post, but I think u get my idea?

mostsmooth
03-15-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
2. I dont know, it was this when I bought it I think and I never changed /images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. yes that might work, will goof around and see what happends, I have not tested it yet, but will soon.

[/ QUOTE ]
#3 is only if #1 doesnt work /images/graemlins/cool.gif

SpicyF
03-15-2005, 05:07 PM
Addition, I checked the specs HERE (http://www.jiwire.com/sony-vaio-tr3-product-specifications.htm)
and it says I have a VGA output, this will not work as a TV output right?

rmarotti
03-15-2005, 05:18 PM
Not w/o one of these (http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/PC-TV_video_adapter.html), or a similar product