PDA

View Full Version : Fishy Play is fun some times.

BeerMoney
03-15-2005, 04:11 PM
My main opponent here seemed to be pretty aggressive. I don't normally play hands this aggressively. Please give thoughts on all streets. I will post the results tonight or tomorrow.

7 Card Stud High (5/10), ante 0.5.

3rd Street

Hero: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif__bring-ins (2)__calls
Seat 3: xx xx T/images/graemlins/spade.gif__folds
Seat 5: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif__calls__folds
Seat 6: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif__folds
Seat 7: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif__completes
Seat 8: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif__calls

4th Street

Hero: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif__raises__calls
Seat 7: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif__bets__raises
Seat 8: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif__calls__folds

5th Street

Hero: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif__checks__calls
Seat 7: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif__bets

6th Street

Hero: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif__bets
Seat 7: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif__calls

River

Hero: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif__checks
Seat 7: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif xx__checks

jon_1van
03-15-2005, 04:30 PM
Just doing this really quick

I don't like your 4th street raise. I would much rather get to the next street with an easy decision to make. Because just calling keeps the pot small and you can bail if you don't improve.

By raising you make the decision very close. Then once he raises its hard to know what to do. He could just be 3 betting KK...but if he has a 2 pair already you are messed up.

After 4th it I think you are tied to the pot...for better or worse.

If you would have called a river bet you should have lead out.

Andy B
03-15-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you would have called a river bet you should have lead out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why?

Andy B
03-15-2005, 05:05 PM
I am curious about your thought process, if any, on fourth street.

BeerMoney
03-15-2005, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am curious about your thought process,

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. I think it was the same person that stuck a paper clip in an electric socket when I was in HighSchool.

Michael Emery
03-15-2005, 10:13 PM
Why the raise on fourth? /images/graemlins/confused.gif Other than that looks good. So many party 5-10 players would quickly pay off the river here with one big pair. With that in mind a case could be made for betting seventh. Although against most players a check on seventh is correct.

Mike Emery

BeerMoney
03-16-2005, 12:43 PM
Opponent shows a pair of tens which he caught on fifth street, and BeerMoney takes down a nice juicy pot.