PDA

View Full Version : Calldown?

brettbrettr
03-15-2005, 04:07 PM
I only just started playing these games and when I mentioned it a friend told me to respect turn raises. Now I seem to be guessing a lot. How do these look? No good reads in either hand...

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

And this?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.20 BB

rory
03-15-2005, 04:09 PM
I play both hands the same way.

turnipmonster
03-15-2005, 04:29 PM
what's the deal with the first hand? I rarely call that down. am I missing something?

brettbrettr
03-15-2005, 04:32 PM
At the time I thought that the second ace was a bluffable card and made it less likely he held one. Looking at it now and seeing he called a raise from the SB, I see more of a fold there than I did then.

Alobar
03-15-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what's the deal with the first hand? I rarely call that down. am I missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

I call it down most of the time. Thats a great card to bluff, if Im the SB and I've got something and I see the second Ace fall, I know its even more likely you dont have one, and I'll take a shot at it sometimes. You've only got to win this hand like 25% of the time for the call down to be correct, and IMO your hand is good here prolly at least 40% of the time.

Grisgra
03-15-2005, 05:11 PM
Without reads . . .

My line in Hand #1 is much more likely to be to check behind on the turn, call a river bet. He called in the SB, called your flop bet on the raggediest flop out there . . . you're probably behind, and don't see the point of setting yourself up for a checkraise.

Hand #2, I sometimes bet here (fold to the raise), sometimes do the same ole check-behind, call a river bet, bet if checked to. You raised pf, and an ace just hit, not much calls the turn that isn't beating you. I'd prefer to induce a bluff than bet and see a fold/bet and get raised.

Again, this is much easier with reads.

spider
03-15-2005, 05:29 PM
I'll second Grisgra's thoughts. In particular, I like a turn check in hand #1.

I think in hand #1 you'll see a weak ace at 5/10 much more than a bluff. I'm less sure on hand #2. Tough decision there without a read, especially since you probably have a clean draw to 2 pair. I'd think about calling the turn and folding the river unimproved.