2 WF 6 Utah
3 Zags 2 Kentucky

Uston
03-15-2005, 05:05 PM
Chicago: Illinois, Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma State

Albuquerque: Washington, Georgia Tech, Gonzaga, West Virginia

Austin: Duke, Syracuse, Kentucky, Oklahoma

Syracuse: UNC, Villanova, UConn, Kansas

I want to pick against Kentucky but how can I with a possible second round game against Cincinnati? I also want to pick Pittsburgh but I can't seeing as there doesn't seem to be a single person on the planet who expects Washington in the Final Four.

LaggyLou
03-15-2005, 05:10 PM
http://briansworld.fcac.org/16C/scpix/sc005.jpg

jakethebake
03-15-2005, 05:14 PM
Kelly!

http://www.georgetown.edu/sfs/graphics/karsner_kelly.jpg

Ianco15
03-15-2005, 05:23 PM
Chicago: illinois, alabama, lsu, ok st.
albuquerue: washington, louisville, gonzaga, wake
syracuse: north carolina, florida, kansas, uconn
austin: duke, syracuse, oklahoma, kentucky

Dead
03-15-2005, 07:15 PM
You don't have Syracuse beating MSU? Wtf? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

tbach24
03-15-2005, 07:23 PM
Illinois vs.BC
LSU vs. Oklahoma St.

Washington vs. GT
Gonzaga vs. WF

UNC vs. Florida
Wisconsin vs. UConn

Duke vs. Syracuse
Oklahoma vs. Kentucky

Oh yeah, I got all 4 final 4 teams last year and the 2 final teams and the champion. Only time I've ever done well in NCAA tourney pools.

Dead
03-15-2005, 07:25 PM
who do you have winning the duke syracuse game, and who do you have coming out of austin?

pshreck
03-15-2005, 07:30 PM
Dead, Syracuse is playing well and all, but they are not a better team than Duke, not at any point in the season and not now.

They have a chance to win, but I don't see them knocking off a tournament savvy Duke team, especially when they are a 1 seed.

tbach24
03-15-2005, 07:31 PM
Duke over Syracuse and then over Oklahoma. I honestly have no idea this year, poker and fantasy baseball have taken over my life. Last year I just dominated though, I had one low seed (I can't remember who) to the Elite 8 or Sweet 16 and they made it. Can't remember which, maybe Creighton?

DemonDeac
03-15-2005, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Chicago: Illinois, Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma State

Albuquerque: Washington, Georgia Tech, Gonzaga, West Virginia

Austin: Duke, Syracuse, Kentucky, Oklahoma

Syracuse: UNC, Villanova, UConn, Kansas

I want to pick against Kentucky but how can I with a possible second round game against Cincinnati? I also want to pick Pittsburgh but I can't seeing as there doesn't seem to be a single person on the planet who expects Washington in the Final Four.

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU CANT HONESTLY HAVE WEST VIRGINIA BEATING WAKE IN THE 2ND ROUND. THATS AWFUL. CHRIS PAUL WILL OWN THIS TOURNAMENT. HE AND THE REST OF THE TEAM IS PLAYING WITH A CHIP ON THEIR SHOULDERS AFTER GETTING SHAFTED ON THE #1 SEED, ALBEIT THE EASIEST #2 SEED BRACKET I'VE EVER SEEN. I MEAN....HONESTLY, WASHINGTON?? THERE HASNT BEEN A DECENT PAC-10 TEAM IN THE TOURNEY IN A WHILE.

tbach24
03-15-2005, 07:34 PM
Agreed, they are in my Final 4 where they lose to Ok. St.

Clarkmeister
03-15-2005, 07:39 PM
Illinois
Boston College
LSU
OSU

ISU
Nova
KU
NCState

Washington
Tech
Zags
Wake

Duke
Cuse
OK
KY

Final Four
Illinois
Zags
Nova
Oklahoma

Illinois over Oklahoma

tbach24
03-15-2005, 07:42 PM
ISU over UNC...wow.

DemonDeac
03-15-2005, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Agreed, they are in my Final 4 where they lose to Ok. St.

[/ QUOTE ]

ouch, that'll be close

of course i got the deacons winning it against kansas

Uston
03-15-2005, 07:56 PM
Tournament savvy Duke team? Do you realize that Warrick and McNamara started for an NCAA Champion? They are two of only four guys in this tournament you can say that about.

Clarkmeister
03-15-2005, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ISU over UNC...wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

This stretch of games late in the season by ISU is as impressive a stretch as just about anyone this year. I like the way they matchup against UNC with their guards who pressure the ball. Plus, I just feel that UNC isn't clicking right now.

Sat, Jan 29 (17) Oklahoma W 74-66
Tue, Feb 1 Baylor W 77-51
Sat, Feb 5 at Texas W 92-80
Tue, Feb 8 at Nebraska W 65-60
Sat, Feb 12 (24) Texas Tech W 81-68
Tue, Feb 15 Kansas St. W 57-42
Sat, Feb 19 at (12) Kansas W 63-61

Uston
03-15-2005, 07:58 PM
I needed to pick at least one big upset and I kinda like West Virginia. You should be happy I picked against Wake. I rarely do well in NCAA pools.

Dead
03-15-2005, 07:59 PM
I think you give too much credit to Nova. I have them going to the Sweet 16 and stopping there.

Uston
03-15-2005, 07:59 PM
ISU
Nova
KU
NCState

It's creative. I'll give you that.

Emmitt2222
03-15-2005, 08:02 PM
Take BC out before its too late, that entire school is the very definition of choke, my brother went there and ever since I have followed them and football and basketball both fail under pressure year after year.

banditbdl
03-15-2005, 08:22 PM
OSU, ISU, KU, OK, with OK in the championship game? The Big 12 just isn't that good, Clark.

MEbenhoe
03-15-2005, 09:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not impressed by Syracuse at all. 5-6 record against tourney teams. A week ago everyone thought they were weak, now because they won the big east tourney, not very impressively either, they're going to the final 4? riiight.

MarkL444
03-15-2005, 09:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why is that so hard to believe?

MEbenhoe
03-15-2005, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Illinois over Oklahoma

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO you are vastly overrating oklahoma

Clarkmeister
03-15-2005, 09:25 PM
It's not at all about what I think of Oklahoma per se. It's about how the brackets come out. I do a bottom-up bracket style which often leads me to strange final fours. If their draw was different, I might have had OK not even making the sweet 16.

Dead
03-15-2005, 09:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not impressed by Syracuse at all. 5-6 record against tourney teams. A week ago everyone thought they were weak, now because they won the big east tourney, not very impressively either, they're going to the final 4? riiight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man I'm going to love it when SU beats Duke.

tbach24
03-15-2005, 09:36 PM
Doug Flutie. Enough said.

banditbdl
03-15-2005, 09:51 PM
Just completed:

Chicago

Illini vs. Bama
LSU vs. Okie State

Albuquerque

UWash. vs. Georgia Tech
Zags vs. West Virginia (upset special)

Syracuse

UNC vs. Nova
Wisc. vs. UConn

Austin

Duke vs. Syracuse
Utah vs. Kentucky

Dead
03-15-2005, 09:53 PM
Illinois
Alabama
Arizona
Oklahoma State

Washington
Georgia Tech
Gonzaga
Wake Forest

North Carolina
Florida
Kansas
Connecticut

Duke
Syracuse
Oklahoma
Connecticut

nolanfan34
03-15-2005, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I do a bottom-up bracket style which often leads me to strange final fours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you elaborate on this? Still trying to figure out my bracket.

The one we do at work, we actually only pick 2 rounds at a time. So I only have to worry about the Sweet 16 teams. This week at least.

MEbenhoe
03-15-2005, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I do a bottom-up bracket style which often leads me to strange final fours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you elaborate on this? Still trying to figure out my bracket.

The one we do at work, we actually only pick 2 rounds at a time. So I only have to worry about the Sweet 16 teams. This week at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in a bracket like this too for the 1st time, its an interesting format.

DougOzzzz
03-15-2005, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Illinois
Alabama
Arizona
Oklahoma State

Washington
Georgia Tech
Gonzaga
Wake Forest

North Carolina
Florida
Kansas
Connecticut

Duke
Syracuse
Oklahoma
Connecticut

[/ QUOTE ]

UConn must be awfully good to make the Sweet 16 twice in the same year...

pshreck
03-15-2005, 10:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

UConn must be awfully good to make the Sweet 16 twice in the same year...

[/ QUOTE ]

They are bringing Taurasi back and letting the women play in the mens tournament.

Dead
03-15-2005, 10:20 PM
The last team on the list should be Kentucky. I was thinking about UConn when I typed it so maybe that's why I added it twice.

eggzz
03-15-2005, 10:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The one we do at work, we actually only pick 2 rounds at a time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do you work? Baby Gap?

Be a man. Pick the whole bracket at once.

pshreck
03-15-2005, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The one we do at work, we actually only pick 2 rounds at a time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do you work? Baby Gap?

Be a man. Pick the whole bracket at once.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont normally ever say POTD, but this one definetly deserves it. Baby Gap... hilarious.

private joker
03-15-2005, 10:55 PM
UNC
Florida
Wisconsin
UConn

Duke
Syracuse
Oklahoma
Kentucky

Illinois
BC
Arizona
OSU

Pacific
Louisville
Gonzaga
Wake

(I think the ABQ bracket is going to be the most f[/i]ucked up because of all the parity in it, so I went with a Pacific-Louisville matchup there as the bizarre left-field game [there always is one] but I'm nervous, seeing as how Pittsburgh has a good chance to knock Pacific out in the first round).

In the finals I have UNC beating Ok. State.

tbach24
03-15-2005, 11:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pacific

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt they escape the first round, let alone Washington. Washington is not a great #1, but they'd be a helluva 2-3 seed.

antidan444
03-15-2005, 11:08 PM
Here's more proof sportswriters don't have a clue.

(Note: Every year I fill out a bracket such that, if I happen to catch lightning in a bottle with a team or two, I'm cleaning house. This always includes picking a champion less than, say, 5% of people have. Not that my "champion" is an unknown but I'm surprised how little I'm hearing about them ...)

SWEET 16
Chicago - Illinois, Boston College, Arizona, Oklahoma State
Albuquerque - Washington, Georgia Tech, Gonzaga, Wae Forest
Syracuse - North Carolina, Villanova, Kansas, Connecticut
Austin - Duke, Syracuse, Utah, Kentucky

ELITE EIGHT
Chicago - Illinois, Arizona
Albuquerque - Washington, Gonzaga
Syracuse - North Carolina, Connecticut
Austin - Syracuse, Kentucky

FINAL FOUR
Arizona over Gonzaga
Syracuse over North Carolina

CHAMPIONSHIP
Arizona 87, Syracuse 75

(That was good for a chuckle, huh?)

private joker
03-15-2005, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pacific

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt they escape the first round, let alone Washington. Washington is not a great #1, but they'd be a helluva 2-3 seed.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why they call it an "upset."

I agree Washington is a strong team, and I've been defending them around the office. But every year a 2-3 seed gets knocked out by the second round, so why can't it be #1 seed Washington? Someone's going to get upset. I don't think it'll be UNC or Ok. St. or Illinois or Duke.

Anyway, I've been seeing a lot of 1-4 seed Sweet 16s here, and we all know the tourney doesn't run like that. It's fun to have an 8 seed up there. Pacific's better than you'd think, anyway. They had a soft schedule but they can light it up.

MEbenhoe
03-15-2005, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, I've been seeing a lot of 1-4 seed Sweet 16s here, and we all know the tourney doesn't run like that. It's fun to have an 8 seed up there

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true, but when filling out a bracket, the conservative approach is often better.

wonderwes
03-16-2005, 12:13 AM
UNC
Florida
Kansas
UConn

Duke
Syracuse
Oklahoma
Kentucky

Illinois
BC
Arizona
OSU

Washington
Louisville
Gonzaga
Wake Forest

At least #1 will be bumped off. And it always happens a 5 team, loses to a 12.

Dead
03-16-2005, 12:17 AM
I think Villanova might lose to New Mexico. I think if a 5 seed gets bumped off in the first round that it will be them.

private joker
03-16-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think Villanova might lose to New Mexico. I think if a 5 seed gets bumped off in the first round that it will be them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have both UNM beating 'Nova and Wisc-Milwaukee beating 'Bama. /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Dead
03-16-2005, 01:24 AM
Bama will not lose to Wisc Milwaukee. Wisc Milwaukee is awful, but New Mexico is quite good.

MEbenhoe
03-16-2005, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bama will not lose to Wisc Milwaukee. Wisc Milwaukee is awful, but New Mexico is quite good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree Bama will beat them, but you definitely haven't seen them play if you think they're awful. If you have seen them play and still think that, you know very little about basketball.

Dead
03-16-2005, 01:36 AM
No they are awful. Any of the top 5 seeds in any region could kick their asses. I'm talking comparatively here.

Alabama is a top notch team. They were ranked #24 in the last poll that I have checked on.

Kennedy Winston could go 1st round if he declared this year.

Alabama will beat them like a red headed stepchild.

And I do know my basketball, but thanks for your concern.

Duke is the weakest #1 seed, not Washington, FYI. Their win over GT was not convincing. UConn could beat Duke. I think that Syracuse will as well.

MEbenhoe
03-16-2005, 01:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No they are awful. Any of the top 5 seeds in any region could kick their asses.

[/ QUOTE ]

They only lost 73-62 to kansas when they played em this year.

Dead
03-16-2005, 01:42 AM
And Vermont only lost by what 7?

Are you saying that Vermont is better than Kansas? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Wisconsin spanked their asses by 29. That's all I need to know guy.

MEbenhoe
03-16-2005, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And Vermont only lost by what 7?

Are you saying that Vermont is better than Kansas? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Wisconsin spanked their asses by 29. That's all I need to know guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

no because they lost, but they're clearly not awful

Dead
03-16-2005, 01:45 AM
Vermont could beat UW Milwaukee. They could spank them in fact.

Syracuse drew a really hard 13 seed in Vermont. The other 13s are wimps but Vermont has two legitimate NBA level players in Sorrentine and Coppenrath.

Coppenrath is a monster inside the paint.

I'm not saying Syracuse will lose, but that they got a tough draw in Vermont. Alabama got an easy draw with UW Milwaukee.

MEbenhoe
03-16-2005, 01:48 AM
you've still failed to answer the question, have you actually watched UWM play this year?

Dead
03-16-2005, 01:50 AM
Oh I didn't mean to skip that.

No I haven't seen UW M play this year. How could I have? They show Big East games on the local channels(and ESPN) where I am, specifically Syracuse games.

But it doesn't matter. I haven't seen Farleigh-Dickinson either but that doesn't mean that I can't make a prediction that they will lose.

Do u c y?

MEbenhoe
03-16-2005, 01:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh I didn't mean to skip that.

No I haven't seen UW M play this year. How could I have? They show Big East games on the local channels(and ESPN) where I am, specifically Syracuse games.

But it doesn't matter. I haven't seen Farleigh-Dickinson either but that doesn't mean that I can't make a prediction that they will lose.

Do u c y?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can make a prediction that they will lose? yes

You can say a team is awful without any evidence of such? no

Dead
03-16-2005, 01:53 AM
I can say whatever I want.

And I'm saying that Wisc Milwaukee is awful. But it's not their fault. Most of the teams that play in these automatic bid only conferences are.

They just don't get top recruits.

I don't have to see games to say that they're awful. I can look at sports scores online. I can read game recaps. I can look at box scores.

After doing all of these things, I have concluded that Vermont is a good team and that Milwaukee is an awful team.

If they somehow beat Alabama it will not make my points invalid either.

MEbenhoe
03-16-2005, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can say whatever I want.

And I'm saying that Wisc Milwaukee is awful. But it's not their fault. Most of the teams that play in these automatic bid only conferences are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, well I'll take the word of someone who actually plays D1 basketball over yours. I consistently speak with a poster on this board who is on scholarship for basketball at a D1 school. When I told him you claimed UWM was an awful school, he got a good laugh at it, and said UWM is nowhere near awful.

nolanfan34
03-16-2005, 01:59 AM
This really pains me, because I'm a fellow Syracuse fan. But you're starting to sound really, really dumb in this thread. You can't possibly claim a team sucks, and then admit later that you've never seen them play.

PhatTBoll
03-16-2005, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

If they somehow beat Alabama it will not make my points invalid either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it will invalidate your main point, which is that they are awful.

Dead
03-16-2005, 02:01 AM
You seem to be under the impression that all D1 schools are good.

Dead
03-16-2005, 02:02 AM
Nolan, I never saw the Detroit Tigers play in 2003. So according to your logic, I can't say that they were an awful team that year?

MEbenhoe
03-16-2005, 02:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You seem to be under the impression that all D1 schools are good.

[/ QUOTE ]

He plays for Marquette. Say what you want about their recent performances, but that was with their star player out, and Marquette is traditionally a solid program.

Dead
03-16-2005, 02:05 AM
Does he start?

Anyway, it doesn't really matter what he thinks, because he's not the arbiter of which teams suck and which don't. Him playing D1 basketball has nothing to do with it.

If I say that I know Randy Johnson and Randy Johnson says that the Tigers sucked in 2003, it doesn't mean that they sucked because he said so. They sucked because they SUCKED. Haha.

And Marquette is awful this year as well. They lost at Louisville by 47 points, just as an example.

I actually did follow Marquette this year, as well as the rest of C-USA, because the Big East is getting some of them next year.

nolanfan34
03-16-2005, 02:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nolan, I never saw the Detroit Tigers play in 2003. So according to your logic, I can't say that they were an awful team that year?

[/ QUOTE ]

And why do you assume that the Tigers were awful? Because of their record. UWM's record was 24-5. What part of that record makes them bad?

Yes, of course there are more factors that go into it. But wouldn't you say that winning a conference and 24 regular season games means they'll at least have a chance against Alabama?

PhatTBoll
03-16-2005, 02:06 AM
For posterity:

Chicago: Illinois, Alabama, LSU, OSU
Albuquablanana: Pittsburgh, Louisville, Texas Tech, Wake
Syracuse: UNC, Villanova, Wisconsin, Uconn
Austin: Duke, Syracuse, Oklahoma, tucky

MEbenhoe
03-16-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Does he start?

Anyway, it doesn't really matters what he thinks, because he's not the arbiter of which teams suck and which don't.

And Marquette is awful this year as well. They lost at Louisville by 47 points, just as an example.

I actually did follow Marquette this year, as well as the rest of C-USA, because the Big East is getting some of them next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

That loss to louisville was without diener, he starts on occassion, and trust me his basketball knowledge is so obviously superior to yours its sickening.

Dead
03-16-2005, 02:09 AM
Why do I assume that they sucked? I don't know, maybe it's because they had the worst regular season record in Major League Baseball history. Is that good enough? They didn't even manage 45 wins out of 162. They sucked at home as well as on the road. They couldn't even beat other bad teams.

UWM's record of 24-5 looks impressive until you take into account what CONFERENCE they are in. The Horizon League is not known for producing NBA draft picks.

There is not one other "good" team in that entire division.

Dead
03-16-2005, 02:10 AM
You're saying that my basketball knowledge sucks because I don't worship the ground that JJ Redick walks on and because I detest Duke.

Get a [censored] clue.

Dead
03-16-2005, 02:11 AM
UW Milwaukee did not beat ONE ranked team this year. NOT ONE.

Edge34
03-16-2005, 02:11 AM
Chicago: Illinois, Bama, Zona, OK State
Albuquerque: Washington, Louisville, Texas Tech, Wake Forest
Syracuse: UNC, Florida, Kansas, NC State
Austin: Duke, Michigan State, Utah, Kentucky

Dead
03-16-2005, 02:16 AM
Lot of people picking Michigan State hmm. The Michigan State team this year is not Izzo's 2000 team. They've had some big losses. They lost an OOC game to George Washington.

Clarkmeister
03-16-2005, 02:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But you're starting to sound really, really dumb in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Edge34
03-16-2005, 02:35 AM
Michigan State beat Iowa, Minnesota, Stanford, UCLA, split with Wisconsin (their loss by 3 points).

They also lost to Duke by 7 at Cameron Indoor.

The Orangemen didn't play anybody for the entire first 2 months of the season (except a loss to OK State). Lost to Pitt. Twice. Only beat Rutgers by 2 in their first meeting. Lost to BC. Lost to UConn twice before beating them in the tourney.

Plenty to go on here...

MEbenhoe
03-16-2005, 02:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You're saying that my basketball knowledge sucks because I don't worship the ground that JJ Redick walks on and because I detest Duke.

Get a [censored] clue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats not why at all. Your basketball knowledge sucks because you say Duke doesnt deserve a #1 seed, then argue that washington deserves a #1 seed for criteria that Duke meets or betters.

You claimed a solid mid-major team, UW Milwaukee, was awful, not just that they would lose to alabama, but that they were awful.

You argued that Pitt should have been given a #6 seed and WVU a #9 seed despite WVU being 2-0 against Pitt this year, having a better record against tourney teams(7-6 for WVU 4-6 for Pitt), and playing much better as of late.

You called ND a lock to make the tourney after their loss to Rutgers.

Need I say more?

Dead
03-16-2005, 02:36 AM
So is Milwaukee a good team in your opinion Clark?

They have a 58 RPI and are 0-2 against top 25 teams.

That's the point I was trying to make. That Milwaukee is not a very good team at all. They're nowhere near the team that UW, but like I said, it's not their fault.

I'm not going to apologize for sounding dumb when all I did was introduce a few facts into the discussion, along with my opinions.

Dead
03-16-2005, 02:39 AM
If ND had beaten Rutgers, they likely would have been in the tournament imo. That was probably the straw that broke the camel's back

This tournament does not contain the 64 best teams in the country. Milwaukee is probably not one of the top 64 teams. It contains a lot of teams that are bad but got in solely because of automatic bids. Milwaukee would not have gotten in the tournament without their automatic bid. Meanwhile good teams like Notre Dame are consigned to the NIT.

Notre Dame could whip UW Milwaukee. Yet Notre Dame is not in the tournament, and Milwaukee is. See my point?

And Pittsburgh was 4-3 against top 25 teams. West Virginia was 2-6. Neither are bad teams though.

MEbenhoe
03-16-2005, 02:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Meanwhile good teams like Notre Dame are consigned to the NIT.

Notre Dame could whip UW Milwaukee.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you honestly believe this after ND lost consecutively to Rutgers, and now Holy Cross tonight? If so, chalk another one up.

Dead
03-16-2005, 02:44 AM
Heh Holy Cross is not a bad team bud. They gave Boston College a HELL of a game earlier in the season. It almost stopped Boston College's win streak right in its tracks.

The game had to overtime, and BC barely pulled it out. They won by 3. I saw the game.

Holy Cross beating Notre Dame proves nothing. They are 2-3 against top 50 teams.

Clarkmeister
03-16-2005, 02:45 AM
Your tone and post content in this thread is bordering on troll-like. Just MHO, of course. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

nothumb
03-16-2005, 02:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This tournament does not contain the 64 best teams in the country.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy [censored], how the [censored] could that possibly happen?

NT

Clarkmeister
03-16-2005, 02:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Holy Cross beating Notre Dame proves nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

When it comes on ND's home court it proves ND's exclusion from the field is correct. (Though it was IMO clearly correct even before they lost this, their 5th loss in their last 6 games).

Dead
03-16-2005, 02:47 AM
I'm not the one trolling. Trolls introduce ad hominem arguments and MBEnhoe is the one who is doing that, constantly telling me that my statements prove I know nothing about college basketball. What a ridiculous statement. I go to tons of SU games. I've watched March Madness since I was 7 or 8 years old.

AngryCola
03-16-2005, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your tone and post content in this thread is bordering on troll-like. Just MHO, of course. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, the dangers of posting too much.
I almost fell to the dark side of posting in my earlier days.

Save me, Yoda did.

Dead:
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not the one trolling. Trolls introduce ad hominem arguments and MBEnhoe is the one who is doing that, constantly telling me that my statements prove I know nothing about college basketball.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take it from me, this isn't the kind of argument or point you want to be making on 2+2. Right or wrong, it just makes you look silly.

Dead
03-16-2005, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Holy Cross beating Notre Dame proves nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

When it comes on ND's home court it proves ND's exclusion from the field is correct. (Though it was IMO clearly correct even before they lost this, their 5th loss in their last 6 games).

[/ QUOTE ]

Northern Iowa got in despite defeating no ranked teams. Notre Dame won AT Villanove and beat Boston College at home, busting their win streak. Notre Dame also went 9-7 in arguably the toughest conference in the land.

If you think that my posts are trolling then that's fine. I'm just stating arguments and why I believe they're correct. Just because I'm making a lot of posts in the process doesn't mean I'm trolling.

-Dead

MEbenhoe
03-16-2005, 02:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not the one trolling. Trolls introduce ad hominem arguments and MBEnhoe is the one who is doing that, constantly telling me that my statements prove I know nothing about college basketball. What a ridiculous statement. I go to tons of SU games. I've watched March Madness since I was 7 or 8 years old.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, I'm trolling? You'll have an incredibly hard time finding anyone who believes that. On the other hand I've seen people post that they have you on their ignore list. nuff said?

Dead
03-16-2005, 02:55 AM
Only one person has said that, and I guarantee you that more people have jakethebake on their ignore list.

Do you deny that you've attacked me with ad hominems? You shouldn't, because you have.

I haven't done this to you.

BurnsvilleCardClub
03-16-2005, 02:57 AM
UWMilwaukee is very tough, athletic, and confident right now. Mccants is playing well as Joah Tucker. They will be a very tough game for a lower seed as they do not stop fighting. But I as far as off the court(locker room debacle...hahaha) McCants socks might fumerate the arena and send the oppenent running.

MEbenhoe
03-16-2005, 03:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Only one person has said that, and I guarantee you that more people have jakethebake on their ignore list.

Do you deny that you've attacked me with ad hominems? You shouldn't, because you have.

I haven't done this to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont deny this, however you are making ridiculous arguments about the ncaa basketball teams, thus me saying you have no basketball knowledge isn't that bad IMO.

jesusarenque
03-16-2005, 03:01 AM
The Big East is WAY overrated this year. The ACC is where it's at.

Dead
03-16-2005, 03:06 AM
How are my arguments ridiculous?

Almost every reputable basketball analyst in the country believes that the Big East is tougher than the Big 10, and a lot of them believe that it is the toughest conference in the country.

Dead
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that's why the Big East got 6 bids, and the ACC and Big 10 got 5.

I honestly think that the Big 12 is tougher than the Big 10 and ACC.

I'd rank them like this:

Big East
Big 12
ACC
Big Ten
Pac-10
C-USA

Dead
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that's why the Big East almost got 8 teams in.

AngryCola
03-16-2005, 03:09 AM
http://img78.exs.cx/img78/5174/mypostbeatup3mk.gif

MEbenhoe
03-16-2005, 03:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How are my arguments ridiculous?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
you say Duke doesnt deserve a #1 seed, then argue that washington deserves a #1 seed for criteria that Duke meets or betters.

You claimed a solid mid-major team, UW Milwaukee, was awful, not just that they would lose to alabama, but that they were awful.

You argued that Pitt should have been given a #6 seed and WVU a #9 seed despite WVU being 2-0 against Pitt this year, having a better record against tourney teams(7-6 for WVU 4-6 for Pitt), and playing much better as of late.

You called ND a lock to make the tourney after their loss to Rutgers.

Need I say more?

[/ QUOTE ]

bugstud
03-16-2005, 03:11 AM
well stated

Dead
03-16-2005, 03:13 AM
http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/ncb/2004/0324/photo/g_warrick_230.jpg

MEbenhoe
03-16-2005, 03:16 AM
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/duke/galleries/mbb20050313/accdukegt03-lg.jpg

AngryCola
03-16-2005, 03:19 AM
http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/pga/2002/0414/photo/a_tiger_vt.jpg

Dead
http://www.customlaminating.com/SportsPlaques/Images/Catalog/02.jpg

http://web.syr.edu/~zchen03/nph-cachecam.jpg

MEbenhoe
[ QUOTE ]
http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/pga/2002/0414/photo/a_tiger_vt.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHA, Tiger is the man, good for golf to see he's getting his game back.

Dead
03-16-2005, 03:22 AM
http://www.voteprime.com/pics/WarricksBlock.jpg

/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Clarkmeister
What's funny to me is all you guys who actually root for other teams from your conference. I respect MSU, but I wish nothing but bad things on those bastards from Indiana, Iowa, Wisconsin and Michigan. The fact that one would be happy that their rival won a national championship has always been baffling to me. I'd rather see ANYONE, even Dook or KU or Misery, win a NC than Indiana.

MEbenhoe
http://www.duke.edu/~tlr6/cps4/champs1.jpg
http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/classic/2001/0320/photo/c_laettner_i.jpg

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/duke/sports/m-baskbl/banners.jpg

Dead
03-16-2005, 03:23 AM
Big East has to stick together. I'd rather see a Big East team win it than see Illinois or Duke or another Big 10 or ACC team win it.

I still haven't gotten over Michigan State beating us in the sweet 16 in 2000. We had those #1 seed mofos by the balls at the half and we blew it.

Never again will I like the Big Ten.

Seeing UConn win it last year over an ACC team in Georgia Tech was almost as good as seeing Syracuse win it in 2003. I celebrated with all of my friends who are big Huskies fans.

It's totally different for me from baseball(I'm a Yankee fan), where I couldn't stand seeing the Red Sox win, even though they are a fellow AL East team.

SU and UConn are rivals, but the coaches at both schools have a deep respect for one another, considering that both have been around the game for a long time(long enough to collect 700 wins at least).

MEbenhoe
03-16-2005, 03:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What's funny to me is all you guys who actually root for other teams from your conference. I respect MSU, but I wish nothing but bad things on those bastards from Indiana, Iowa, Wisconsin and Michigan. The fact that one would be happy that their rival won a national championship has always been baffling to me. I'd rather see ANYONE, even Dook, win a NC than Indiana.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I cheer against UNC in any and all games, this will include the Oakland game /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Them winning a NC this year would be worse to me than Illinois winning, and that would cost me $10.

AngryCola
03-16-2005, 03:25 AM
Now wasn't that much more fun than arguing a silly point that nobody is going to budge on anyway?

Tiger thinks so.

http://www.standrews.org.uk/history/images/tiger.jpg

And you can't argue with his winning smile.

MEbenhoe
03-16-2005, 03:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/duke/sports/m-baskbl/banners.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

P.S. Where's that best picture ever thread? I have a new submission.

Dead
03-16-2005, 03:27 AM
A good friend of mine is going to UNC, and she absolutely hates Duke(for obvious reasons). So do I, but mostly I hate them because of Laettner's shot.

I am a big Kentucky and Louisville fan as well, because I have family down there.

Watching the 1996 game was kinda hard because I like UK a lot. I wasn't that mad when SU lost. If SU had lost to Duke in the championship, however, that would have been awful.

I guess I wouldn't care if UNC wins it, although I think that UConn will take them out in the elite eight.

Clarkmeister
03-16-2005, 03:27 AM
Exactly. That's what rivalries are all about. Glorifying their failures is almost as good as celebrating your own successes.

I'm a Cardinal fan, if the Cubs ever made the World Series, I'm damn sure not rooting for them because they are the National League representative. Same in College sports, even more so.

Dead
03-16-2005, 03:28 AM
Tiger is boosted because the media wants to see a black golfer succeed.
-Rush Limbaugh
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yeah I guess it is more fun. But then again I do spend a lot of time down in the politics forum, and I do like to argue.

Clarkmeister
03-16-2005, 03:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A good friend of mine is going to UNC, and she absolutely hates Duke(for obvious reasons). So do I, but mostly I hate them because of Laettner's shot.

I am a big Kentucky and Louisville fan as well, because I have family down there.

Watching the 1996 game was kinda hard because I like UK a lot. I wasn't that mad when SU lost. If SU had lost to Duke in the championship, however, that would have been awful.

I guess I wouldn't care if UNC wins it, although I think that UConn will take them out in the elite eight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Must be nice to root for everyone - especially high profile teams. Maybe I should take that up, I'd enjoy sports a whole lot more I guess.

Dead
03-16-2005, 03:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Exactly. That's what rivalries are all about. Glorifying their failures is almost as good as celebrating your own successes.

I'm a Cardinal fan, if the Cubs ever made the World Series, I'm damn sure not rooting for them because they are the National League representative. Same in College sports, even more so.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's totally different in baseball, imo. I could never root for the Red Sox, and I definitely rooted for the Cardinals last year.

MEbenhoe
03-16-2005, 03:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

After the red sox WS victory, UNC winning a NC would be horrible.

Clarkmeister
03-16-2005, 03:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

It's totally different in baseball, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even MORE so in college sports. Clearly Syracuse doesn't have enough (any?) proper rivals.

Dead
03-16-2005, 03:30 AM
There's really nothing wrong with liking multiple teams. I named 3 teams in the tournament that I have alliances to out of 65, and two of them are in the same region. Syracuse will probably end up playing Kentucky again, and I'll have to deal with it just like I did in 1996. But I'm an SU fan first and foremost.

Dead
03-16-2005, 03:31 AM
Well for me at least, it's much more clear in baseball than in college basketball. You're right in that Syracuse doesn't really have a big college rival in basketball. Most of the Big East coaches are rather friendly with each other and boost each others programs on TV/radio whenever they can. That's why I can almost guarantee you that if SU makes it to the Final FOur and the other Big East coaches in the tourney don't, that all of them will be rooting for Syracuse. And Boeheim will be rooting for the others if Syracuse doesn't. Calhoun talks all the time about how much he respects our program, and Boeheim reciprocates.

It's only going to get better starting next year when I get to see Syracuse play Louisville twice a year.

AngryCola
03-16-2005, 03:37 AM
Chicago:

Illinois
Boston College

Arizona
Oklahoma St.

Albuquerque:

Pacific /images/graemlins/blush.gif
Georgia Tech

Texas Tech /images/graemlins/blush.gif
Wake Forest

Syracuse:

UNC
Villanova

Kansas /images/graemlins/grin.gif (hoping for an elite 8 matchup with UNC)
Connecticut

Austin:

Duke
Syracuse

Utah
Kentucky

I invite all users to flame my picks and call me stupid, as I just do this for fun and make no claims of expertise.

Edge34
03-16-2005, 03:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Michigan State beat Iowa, Minnesota, Stanford, UCLA, split with Wisconsin (their loss by 3 points).

They also lost to Duke by 7 at Cameron Indoor.

The Orangemen didn't play anybody for the entire first 2 months of the season (except a loss to OK State). Lost to Pitt. Twice. Only beat Rutgers by 2 in their first meeting. Lost to BC. Lost to UConn twice before beating them in the tourney.

Plenty to go on here...

[/ QUOTE ]

just wanted to reiterate anyways...i feel like i haven't done enough for this thread... /images/graemlins/cool.gif

MEbenhoe
03-16-2005, 03:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Chicago:

Illinois
Boston College

Arizona
Oklahoma St.

Albuquerque::

Pacific /images/graemlins/blush.gif
Georgia Tech

Texas Tech /images/graemlins/blush.gif
Wake Forest

Syracuse:

UNC
Villanova

Kansas /images/graemlins/grin.gif (hoping for elite 8 matchup with UNC)
Connecticut

Austin:

Duke
Syracuse

Utah
Kentucky

I invite all users to flame my picks and call me stupid, as I just do this for fun and make no claims of expertise.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh wait we're stilling posting our sweet 16s? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

With the exceptions of your two /images/graemlins/blush.gifs and Cuse and GT, my picks are the same

Dead
03-16-2005, 03:41 AM
Penn could pull a big upset on BC in the first round, the way BC has been playing. I have it penciled in on one of my ESPN brackets. If there's ever a 4-13 matchup that's calling for an upset, it's that one.

And I think that Pitt will edge past Pacific. Then they'll lose in the second round to Washington. I can't see Washington losing in the 2nd round.

Clarkmeister
03-16-2005, 03:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

And I think that Pitt will edge past Pacific.

[/ QUOTE ]

So Pacific and Utah State don't suck but UWM does?

Dead
03-16-2005, 03:44 AM
Utah State beat Utah by 26. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif And Pacific's record speaks for itself. Perfect record in the conference, even though it's not a tough one, that's pretty incredible.

AngryCola
03-16-2005, 03:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And I think that Pitt will edge past Pacific.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Pacific is my 'wtf' pick of this years tourney.

I strongly believe they will beat Pitt, but to get to the sweet 16 they will have to defeat Washington.

MEbenhoe
03-16-2005, 03:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Utah State beat Utah by 26. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif And Pacific's record speaks for itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pacific's record speaks for itself but UWM's doesnt? And UWM won its conference tourney /images/graemlins/grin.gif

P.S. I agree Pacific is a very good team, just had to mess with you on that one

Dead
03-16-2005, 03:46 AM
You seriously think that UWM is better than Pacific?

If you do then that's your opinion but I strongly, strongly disagree with you. I've followed Pacific this year and you should NOT discount them. They have skillz. And they're ranked.

And Utah State isn't bad either. They beat Pacific in the conference tourney.

MEbenhoe
03-16-2005, 03:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You seriously think that UWM is better than Pacific?

If you do then that's your opinion but I strongly, strongly disagree with you. I've followed Pacific this year and you should NOT discount them. They have skillz.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read my edit, and my post also doesnt imply that uwm is better than pacific, just that if pacific's record can speak for itself UWM's should be able to also.

Dead
03-16-2005, 03:49 AM
Pacific only had two losses during the regular season. One was to Kansas, and one was a really close one with San Fran.

Shajen
03-16-2005, 11:43 AM
I have Duke beating Northern Iowa in a close one for the NC.

Ok, so I really don't.

But this thread is great.

mmbt0ne
03-16-2005, 11:50 AM
shhhhh, calm down boys.

http://www.wildcatcatalog.com/prodimages/champbannerlarge.jpg

MEbenhoe
03-17-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One

MEbenhoe
03-17-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One

[/ QUOTE ]

private joker
03-17-2005, 04:27 PM
Yeah, let me just take this opportunity to brag that I started this whole UW-M mess with them as my upset pick (I also picked Pacific to go to the Sweet 16, and they're halfway there /images/graemlins/cool.gif ).

I will surely get the rest of my bracket wrong, but I'm lookin' pretty awesome (and Dead is looking pretty lame) so far. (Of course, I have Syracuse making the final 4, so Dead can't be too upset with me).

Huskiez
03-17-2005, 04:41 PM
Chicago: Illinois, Boston College, LSU, OK St.
Albuquerque: Washington, Louisville, Gonzaga, Wake Forest
Syracuse: UNC, Florida, Kansas, UConn
Austin: Duke, Syracuse, Oklahoma, Kentucky

MEbenhoe
03-17-2005, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shameless bump because dead needs to be reminded

radek2166
03-17-2005, 09:21 PM
Chicago
Illinos Vs Penn. Doh
Arizona Vs Oklahoma St.

Albuquerque
Pacific Vs Louisville