PDA

View Full Version : Bellagio 10-20 NL With Negreanu

Huskiez
03-15-2005, 02:43 PM
I don't know if anyone was at Bellagio over last weekend, but I'd figure I'd mention what a great time it was.

I've only been to Vegas twice, once a month ago, and last weekend. The first time around, we weren't able to see too many pros, but this time we saw Phil Ivey, Ted Forrest, Daniel Negreanu, Chip Reese, and a few others.

Anyway, I'm at the Bellagio, and it's late. I see Daniel Negreanu walk in. He comes, sits 10-20 NL, and you know, the whole place stops. Daniel Negreanu walks in. Everyone puts an eye on him. After a little while, there wasn't a craps game going because all the high rollers were watching. And some of them are sitting, they're giving away their money to this guy, saying "Oh, I played with the 2004 Player of the Year." And you know what I did? I stayed in my seat. I had 1200. But I had to know.

Played tight for a couple minutes, and folded mostly. Then I made a score. Wired Aces or Kings? Kings. So he called an EP raiser blind. I just decided, you know, I don't care about the money. So you know what I did? I'll reraise. And he comes over the top of me and blind calls.

Flop came 632 two suited. He checked to me, I bet out 340. I only had around 600 left so it was going all in no matter what. He told me "Your jacks are good. If I have anything, any piece of this flop, we're going to be playing all in." He looks down slowly at each card, then says "Yeah, why don't you just stick it in there. All-in." He flips his J3o. I call and flip my hand. He jokes, "Thank god, I'm in better shape than I thought I was." The turn comes a K, river comes a J. I joke that I caught a two-outer to take him out. I sat with the best in the world, and I won.

That hand wasn't too interesting, but it was for me cause I personally won. Anyway, there were a couple more interesting hands. Keep in mind he is playing every hand blind until he is met with some real opposition. For every hand he has about 4K to 5K. He was playing really loose, and generated a lot of action. He was sitting in for a friend at the time for about an hour.

Negreanu was raising every hand blind preflop to 160, and calling anything unless faced with serious aggression, and only then would he look at his cards. So in this hand, EP (1000) raises to 160, and has two callers, both with around 4000 behind. Negreanu hasn't looked at his hand at all. He says "That guy (UTG) might have something, but you two (referring to the callers) have absolutely nothing. I'm all-in (which was about 4K more)."

He was that certain enough to know that these two guys were unable to call a 4K bet against a completely random hand. I just think that was ridiculous. Anyway, he ended up having Q3o and took out UTG's JJ.

Last hand of interest (I may have some of the numbers and cards wrong), MP open raises to 160, one LP caller, and Negreanu calls again blind. Flop comes 963. Checks around. Turn comes a 7. Negreanu bets 300 blind, MP calls, and LP folds. Before the river is dealt, he says "If the river is not an A or K, I'm going all in, no matter what." River comes a 5. He goes all in. He joked that "There's a very good chance that board hit me, and there's no way MP can call." MP flashes his AK (perfect read by Negreanu) and mucks. Negreanu ended up having Q8o for a straight.

It was a real fun time, and I think everyone except for one person appreciated Negreanu playing at the game. Don't know if anyone else was watching, but I figured I'd mention the hands.

Blackjack
03-15-2005, 02:59 PM
Entertaining stuff.. I might have missed it but did good old Negreanu finish the session up?

BigSkiRace
03-15-2005, 03:05 PM
His blog notes that he was playing every hand blind in that gamea and was playing with a friends money.
"He had about $5000 in front of him, and since I was feeling frisky I decided to play in the dark- never looking at my hand unless I was faced with a huge bet."

HoldEm_Hero
03-15-2005, 03:17 PM
Somebody's watched Rounders a few too many times... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

trying2learn
03-15-2005, 05:17 PM
yeah...i was entertained by the post...but it looks to have taken a little more time than it was worth.

phil_ivey_fan
03-15-2005, 05:21 PM
don't let a couple of haters rain on your parade. Most will be able to recognize the small bit of humor/sarcasm in the post...

For what its worth, I've never had more fun playing live than at the Bellagio. I think it attracts a very interesting group of players and table talk is usually interesting and amusing...

Huskiez
03-15-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
His blog notes that he was playing every hand blind in that gamea and was playing with a friends money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually just checked his blog (http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-journal.php?subaction=showfull&id=1110708210&archi ve=&start_from=&ucat=1&) after reading your post. I remember the hand he's talking about, and I think he's getting it mixed up.

There were two hands:

1. He had Q3o and went all in blind against UTG's JJ after two people called UTG's initial raise. I mentioned that one here.

2. He reraised I believe to 1000 after EP raised to 160 or so (might have been after a limper, but I think it was a UTG raiser). I forget whether there were any callers. I remember this specifically because I had K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. With a couple people after me to act and needing to invest my entire stack (2400) (because once I call that initial raise, I'm pretty much committed), 1000 of which would be going to a side pot with the EP who I probably was beaten by, I decided to muck it.

I would have flopped the flush (flop was 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif), only to lose to Negreanu's rivered full boat. UTG actually had 99, and called Negreanu's raise.

Negreanu did a great job playing to the crowd, and I thought it was a really fun time.

greg nice
03-15-2005, 05:57 PM
quote from blog

[ QUOTE ]

I've done this before and as sick as this sounds I'm actual a big winner to it. Even sicker, I genuinely believe that I could win in that game without ever looking at my cards. Provided nobody knew that of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

MaxPower
03-15-2005, 06:31 PM
Nice post, but you could have done without the Rounders quotes.

I read about this on his blog, but your account is better.

Ulysses
03-15-2005, 07:47 PM
Great post. F the haters, I loved it. I thought the following line ruled the most:

[ QUOTE ]
And he comes over the top of me and blind calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shaun
03-15-2005, 08:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Last hand of interest (I may have some of the numbers and cards wrong), MP open raises to 160, one LP caller, and Negreanu calls again blind. Flop comes 963. Checks around. Turn comes a 7. Negreanu bets 300 blind, MP calls, and LP folds. Before the river is dealt, he says "If the river is not an A or K, I'm going all in, no matter what." River comes a 5. He goes all in. He joked that "There's a very good chance that board hit me, and there's no way MP can call." MP flashes his AK (perfect read by Negreanu) and mucks. Negreanu ended up having Q8o for a straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds like a blast. That hand in particular sounds hillarious. Of course you'll alway get some nit who's pissed when the game gets like that...

imported_stealthcow
03-15-2005, 09:05 PM
this post... is.... awesome

the most entertaining i've read in a long time

stealthcow-

Matt Flynn
03-16-2005, 12:13 AM
that's it i'm moving to vegas.

technologic
03-16-2005, 12:25 AM
all y'all biatches can say whatever you want about his fun quoting rounders but the fact remains.

he sat with the best. and he won. have you?