PDA

View Full Version : thinking of moving from UB to party for SNGs

nickianthony
03-15-2005, 02:11 PM
i've been playing the low buy-in UB SNGs for about a month now. playing the $1.10 tables, then moving up to the $5.50 tables, i increased my bankroll from $30 to about $300. i've been hearing a lot of stuff lately about how UB is harder than equivalent levels at party. most of the posts in this forum seem to back that up too.

i started tracking my $5.50 results about 50 tourneys ago. my ROI is 38.9% right now. yes, i know that is virtually meaningless given my tiny sample size. in any case, i'm fairly certain that i CAN beat the game. if i had to guess, i'd say that my true ROI is probably closer to 30%.

i'm just looking for some opinions on UB vs. party. is it fair to think that i could get a higher hourly rate at party?

lorinda
03-15-2005, 02:35 PM
Deleted because the waffle was so confusing.

Basically you'll be fine in either, but Party will have higher hourly rate and lower ROI and you'll probably feel terrible at first because the format is so quick and you'll be forced to gamble more than you are used to.

Also beware the 5+1 rake.

Still waffle, but better waffle.

Lori

Maulik
03-15-2005, 03:24 PM
don't play the $5+1 SNG, its a waste of your money. Build your roll to $10 as the rake is the same and the play is bad. Or if you so chose to commit the sin of playing w/ less than 50 tournament buyins, gamble. But don't give the house any $5 action!