PDA

View Full Version : This is too weak, right?

Girchuck
03-15-2005, 01:49 PM
Party $5-$10 6-max

UTG is passive, flop AF < 1.0 in ~50 hands
MP seems like a rock, but not a good read
BB is agressive

Holding K /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the button

UTG limps. MP limps. I raise, BB calls, UTG and MP calls

flop is A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG bets, MP calls, I fold(?)

rory
03-15-2005, 01:55 PM
Why is it weak to fold when you are probably way behind? That's strong!

spider
03-15-2005, 02:00 PM
Ugh. I pretty much folded KK under the same circumstances yesterday. It feels terrible but if your image is good and UTG & MP are reasonable, then I don't see the point of calling it down (especially with one other person behind) just to see A5o.

You could think about just flat calling though. UTG has to worry about a slowplay then and may check turn, in which case I wouldn't mind showing it down for one more BB. But if he's the type to bet A5o all the way and never fold it even if he thinks he's outkicked, then I don't think it's worth it in a 4-way hand. (Headsup, I'd be showing down almost every time.)

Jeff W
03-15-2005, 02:01 PM
Sometimes I feel like you are the crotchety old grandpa of HUSH--keeping all us kiddies in line and bemoaning the rise of LAG play.

P.S. You're spot on w/ regard to this hand.

Zele
03-15-2005, 02:04 PM
HU I might show it down even against one of these two.

3way, good fold.

Grisgra
03-15-2005, 02:39 PM
Yep, good fold. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see something like A4o UTG. Tough to remember sometimes that there are players out there that don't raise with aces preflop /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Bastards.