PDA

View Full Version : Party 1/2 Overpair turns to 2nd pair with resistance

phillydilly
03-15-2005, 10:08 AM
Obviously a very nice river card, but other than that, am I just spewing chips the rest of this hand?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 14.75 BB

bigmac366
03-15-2005, 10:16 AM
i dont like the preflop cap out of position, unless you have a specific read as a lag. since you capped preflop, i think you should 3-bet this flop. if he caps, you can consider check folding the turn, i think you rivered a bigger pair here. the turn call was pretty bad without the Th in your hand. what would you had done if the Th hit on the river?

i just noticed this hand was 6-max and not full ring. my advice is probably worthless, seeing as i get pwned at 6 max every time i play there.

ISF
03-15-2005, 11:13 AM
Preflop is fine, I would call about 50% here and cap about 50%. I would usually threebet the flop, as overcards will raise here quite a bit, so you get more info if you threebet, and dont give overs a cheap card. On the turn I think you either have to fold to the raise. What are you ahead of here? Maybe an overplayed AK with a heart. Even if thats the case villan has a ton of outs. The way you played it I would cr the river, as it is very unlikly to get checked through atleast with a hand which you beat and would call a bet. Any overpair, aq etc willbet.