PDA

View Full Version : Thank you all!

boondockst
03-15-2005, 08:36 AM
There's a local tournament near Seattle Washington that i have played in (twice weekly) about 8 or 9 times probably. It's only 20 people w/ alternates in the first two rounds with a $25 buy-in so 1st pays out 400-ish but i've hit the money (top 4) probably 5 or 6 times. While i had a decent knowledge of poker from diving in and having a friend help as well as a Sklansky book, I owe a lot of the success to this forum. The basic odds knowledge probably would have been enough to money if i got a good run of cards but the "feel" of the game....tonight i laid down an A9s shortstacked in a certain spot and let a JJ go 6-handed and ended up chopping up 1st/2nd when it was all said and done. A9s isn't a tough laydown but without the proper knowledge a lot of players might see it as gold. Posts like, "Don't raise with QJs. It is pretty, but it is crap." are not only funny but really stick with you in those desperate times when most players will "try to get lucky". Sure I won some races but the chips saved from the lessons learned PUT ME IN POSITION to best take advantage when i caught cards. Doubling up your full starting stack is a lot better than doubling up minus some chips blown with KTo MP limps, etc. I think everyone knows it but this forum is such a great thing to the poker community and the time invested by those tutoring the lesser minds is extremely unselfish for such a "cutthroat" game. A few names really stick out to me as outstanding posters and i wanted them to know how much I appreciate their time invested in this forum. I'm sure i've forgotten many, either b/c it's 4:18 AM, b/c their avatar/signature isn't flashy, or b/c they don't muddle in the SSNL threads, but...

Kaz the Original
zaxx19
fimbulwinter
TheWorstPlayer
lorinda (hope i never play a SNG with you)
tbach24
(all the posters who tried to help/ban redpillX)
Atticus Finch

and of course many, many others...I crossposted this but i wanted to make sure all the forums i lurk/post/treasure saw this. Thanks again and keep it up!