PDA

View Full Version : Pokerroom $15,000 Guaranteed

Cleveland Guy
03-15-2005, 02:18 AM
Still in - virtual tie for 1st with 20 left.

Anyone wanna watch? I'm at Rotterdam

ZBTHorton
03-15-2005, 02:28 AM
I'm watchin.

ZBTHorton
03-15-2005, 02:30 AM
Wow...that A5 vs A4 hand was sick...what a crappy turn card.

Cleveland Guy
03-15-2005, 02:31 AM
Yeah - didn't think he'd call his chips off with an A4 - but what can you do?

Oh well gotta come back now

Cleveland Guy
03-15-2005, 02:34 AM
and now I'm out - A5 vs. KK - flop an A, turn an A - River a K

That sucked

ZBTHorton
03-15-2005, 02:34 AM
WOW! You gotta type up that last hand...

I'm not sure about the push there...but wow...what an ending...

Cleveland Guy
03-15-2005, 02:37 AM
why do you mind the push?

He is in a steal position, and will lay a lot of hands down there, giving my a nice increase to my chips.

Just happened to be up against a monster.

i wanna be me
03-15-2005, 03:15 AM
ugh.....I haven't seen worse beats in a tournament for a LONG TIME! Congrats Cleve....

wanna

ZBTHorton
03-15-2005, 03:20 AM
I wouldn't have pushed.

I would have raised back hoping to see a flop.

Cleveland Guy
03-15-2005, 09:54 AM
Yeah- I think you took it on the chin there. I don't remember exactly when you joined my table - but you played well for having the short stack.

That hand that busted you - you sat and wait, finally got a premium hand , flopped it, and still got rivered by a straight. What can you do???

Even late in the game - thre was still a lot of bad play.

Oh - and were you at my table when I took down the pot with 4 high?

That was priceless (BOY DID I GET LUCKY)

I had 2-4 in the BB. Saw a free flop - came 355. I bet - Other guy pushes for not much more than my bet, so I call.

He flips over 22.

Turn and River are both Js

I win 2 pair, 4 kicker!!!!!!!!

Cleveland Guy
03-15-2005, 09:59 AM
ZBT- I'm not sure I agree with that.

I'm at work, so I can't look at the Hand History now, but I think I had about 8-9 BB Left. He raised the Minimum from the cutoff - and blinds I believe were 3000-6000.

So re-raising is 12000 of my stack, or about 1/3 of all my chips. I dont like putting that much in, plus he is pot committed to call a min raise with any 2 he was stealing with. (would have been 6000 to call about 33,000)

Anything more than a min raise - and I need to push anyways cause I am pot committed at that point.

I thought his raise was very likely a steal, and even if it was a steal with decent cards - I am ahead of many hands he would be holding at that time. So the times he folds plus the times he calls with a worse hand make it a +EV play for me.

I was also starting to run out of fold equity, as I was becoming a short stack, and the blinds were about to go up - If I recall correctly.

I could have called, and pushed any Ace on the flop or folded, but like I said, I took a chance and just happened to run into a monster.

For what it's worth that was the first time all night my whole tourney was on the line, and I ended up losing.

Oh well - 12th out of 719 isn't too shabby.

i wanna be me
03-15-2005, 03:13 PM
haha yeah i saw that - priceless!

i was out when i tried to steal with Q10os and got called - flop KQ10 - he pushed and I called - he had A8s and rivered his jack. Ouch! Oh well - I got second in the Oil later so that helped a bit. But you played a good game, and I didn't know there were many 2+2ers at PokerRoom - I'd better watch out!

wanna

Cleveland Guy
03-15-2005, 03:25 PM
I knew you took a bad beat to go out. But you played well too.

I sent you a private message - take a look at it.

Are you gonna play the St. Pattys?

Oh - and congrats on the Oil placing, have fun in the GP!