PDA

View Full Version : The PP flop cap with flush draw heads up

shmahappens
03-15-2005, 02:06 AM
I have been running into this play over and over, and I just don't get it. A raiser (stealing or not) folds everyone but the blinds, maybe just one of them calls. The board comes two of a suit and the blinds either bets out or checkraises the pf raiser and ends up capping it with their four-flush (sometimes w/ a straight draw, pair, or otherwise, but often without any of these added outs). Am I missing something huge here, or should this cap only make sense when the pf caller has about a 50% chance to win (-rake, +a folded sb or wahtever)? I'm baffled as if i'm missing some concept i don't understand it, but i've seen players who i (previously) respected make this move, sometimes even into very tight aggressive raisers who are obviously ahead. They clearly aren't trying to buy a free card, as the 'raise the flop, check the turn from out of position' play stopped working when I left 3/6. What am I missing? Or is this just another reason to love the PP 15/30 games, and learn to jam the pot while ahead and be able to fold to the 3rd of suit on the turn.

TStoneMBD
03-15-2005, 02:10 AM
when posting a question such as this, you should be careful when forming your grammar. you should have seperate paragraphs. i assume you that because your post is difficult to read, many people on these forums will just bypass it.

as for the question, its called semibluffing. theyre capping the flop in hopes that they can get the villain to lay down their hand sometime during the hand.