PDA

View Full Version : Why do i go on TILT when I'm dominated, but not when they suck out?

AA suited
03-15-2005, 01:33 AM
(It was suggested i should cross post here.)

today i tilted bad.

1st game, my 88 got called by 99. 2nd game, my AT got called by AJ.

3rd game i had 1/2 the chips of the table. but the results of the 1st 2 games made my LAGGY. and wound up in 4th

4th game i came in 3rd. my kj got called by kq.

WHY THE HELL DOES THIS MAKE ME TILT?!

i mean i've lost 20 straight qq/kk/aa hands a few weeks ago, but i laughed off those suckouts.

so if suckouts of that magnatude didnt bother me, then why are these 4 dominated hands driving me up the wall? and how to handle it?

THX!

deacsoft
03-15-2005, 02:42 AM
I'm guessing because being out played will effect your ego much more than being unlucky.

Reef
03-15-2005, 03:35 AM
you're mad at yourself for getting your chips in with the worst of it.. and your mad at someone for having a hand that just barely edged you.

just a guess

KaneKungFu123
03-15-2005, 08:03 AM
you have a small penis and need to compensate by being better at everyone at poker.

Goodnews
03-15-2005, 09:12 AM
Probably correct, i am the same way. I get angry when I get outplayed.

Harv72b
03-15-2005, 03:57 PM
It's a lot easier to shrug off the guy who called your flop bet with nothing, connected for 3rd pair on the turn, and then hit two pair on the river to beat your TPTK. You know that the vast majority of the time his actions will profit you, and you know that he made a series of mistakes in the hand while you made all the right plays (assuming you didn't go overboard if raised on the river).

It's frustrating when someone calls you down with a hand that was better than yours all the way, because now you know that it was you that was making the mistake on every street. I know that when it happens to me, I almost get offended that the guy didn't charge me more for my second-best hand--I'm thinking, "how the hell can he not raise when he flops top pair??".

And yes, there's the undeniable truth that you were simply outplayed in the hand, which can be a very bitter pill to swallow.

AA suited
03-16-2005, 03:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you have a small penis and need to compensate by being better at everyone at poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

BAN KaneKungFu123!