PDA

View Full Version : set of deuces bet into on the turn

Prevaricator
03-15-2005, 01:19 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB ($2801.01)
Hero ($985.5)
MP ($3248.75)
Button ($519.25)
SB ($762)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $5.
Hero calls $10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $10, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($40) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $40</font>, Button folds, SB calls $40, BB folds.

Turn: ($120) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $300</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: $495

My opponent is decent and TAG, probably a winning player here. I pot the flop hoping it looks like a flush draw. When the guy calls and leads out on the non club it looks like a probing bet. Im thinking a smooth call might have been good here since it looks like im on a draw, and if it misses i get payed off. I raised because I didnt want to go bust to something like 45 or a club draw, but im not sure he plays those like that... Anyone just call the turn?

ArtVandelay
03-15-2005, 01:45 AM
I wouldn't call the turn in a million years...

hands you'd prefer to call against:
over-set (maybe the river will be a scare card and you only lose half your stack)
pure bluff (calling to induce a river bet)

hands you prefer to raise against:
two-pair (this is your chance to stack them, river can't possibly help with this)
big/average draw (obviously)
one-pair (calling so they can hit one of the 5 cards that improves them might gain you a little, but I still think you're better off trying to stack them with a turn raise and river bet)

the latter three are much more likely than an overset or pure bluff, so I always raise here

Prevaricator
03-15-2005, 01:52 AM
I think that if I 'know' he has a one pair hand then calling is better

ArtVandelay
03-15-2005, 01:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that if I 'know' he has a one pair hand then calling is better

[/ QUOTE ]

why?

Prevaricator
03-15-2005, 02:04 AM
cause hes drawing dead and he will fold to a raise