PDA

View Full Version : NL Hold 'em tournament 3 handed with KJo in the big blind

gman420
03-15-2005, 12:52 AM
I've done my best to post this hand from memory. If I have left out any relevent information let me know and I will post it.

Late in an online multi-table tournament. Blinds are 200 and 400.

Player 1 button 10000 chips
Player 2 small blind 11000 chips
Hero big blind 6000 chips

Hero is dealt KJo

preflop
Button calls, small blind completes, hero raises to 800, button calls, small blind folds
(my raise here was small because i figured KJo was a great hand 3 handed and I wanted to try and double up if possible)

pot is 2000

flop 10 7 2 rainbow

Hero bets 1000
(i made a standard continuation bet since the flop missed me)
Player 1 raises all-in
Hero calls
Player 1 shows A7 which holds up to win the pot

My thinking here was that since both of these players had been raising all in a lot, there was a good chance that this was just another steal attempt prompted by my weak bet. My only thoughts so far on this hand are that if I had made a bigger bet on the flop, I could have folded to a reraise with more certainty. I'm not even really sure that this is a correct line of thinking though. The raise preflop also may have needed to be bigger for my continuation bet on the flop to buy me the pot. But a bigger preflop raise and a bigger bet on the flop would have probably left me pot committed anyway, so there wouldn't be any backing down to the reraise.

Roman
03-15-2005, 12:56 AM
by far the most misplayed hand ive ever seen posted here....

Check pf, if you raise, raise more.
Bet more on flop or check fold.
Fold to push!!!

bugstud
03-15-2005, 12:58 AM
I would just move in preflop to be honest. minraising out of the BB with KJo just begs for trouble. Then calling another 4k with overs on that kind of board is probably not a sane play either, you were getting ~2:1 but that's not really enough

tiger7210
03-15-2005, 01:12 AM
You either need to raise to show real strength and win the pot preflop, or check and see the flop cheap. You misplayed this hand about as bad as you could with KJ. The way you played it would be suitable with AA/KK and maybe QQ's not KJ.