PDA

View Full Version : Really good run.

papa_georgio
03-15-2005, 12:00 AM
I'm still playing 5+1 SnGs against some of the advice i've received from the forum because I cashed out my initial deposit plus some just so that I can say that I've never lost anything playing poker. but I've played in 7 tournaments so far after work and have placed first or second in all of them. I'll be moving up really soon. I know that some of this is luck, but I'd like to think that some of it is skill too. Only time will tell, hopefully a long time.

citanul
03-15-2005, 12:14 AM
congrats. cashing out enough to cover your initial deposit and never having to redeposit is a wonderful thing.

good luck going forward.

citanul

spentrent
03-15-2005, 12:46 AM
Your threads make me so jealous of the discipline I lacked when I started playing poker.

To wit: Hero deposits $100. Hero plays 4 $50 tourneys, finishing 1,1,2,3. After 1 week, hero is down 2 grand.

callmedonnie
03-15-2005, 12:46 AM
Be careful. Sounds like you're playing well which is good, but it seems that everyone I know wins when they first deposit. This stuff comes in swings, so just make sure you have enough in your bankroll for when you upgrade. I am somewhat new and I started out w/ 110 (10 10+1 SG's). My worst streak was eight w/out a cash, but it happens. Best of luck.

spentrent
03-15-2005, 12:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Be careful. Sounds like you're playing well which is good, but it seems that everyone I know wins when they first deposit. This stuff comes in swings, so just make sure you have enough in your bankroll for when you upgrade. I am somewhat new and I started out w/ 110 (10 10+1 SG's). My worst streak was eight w/out a cash, but it happens. Best of luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen to the man. And read my post over and over again until it sinks in! My screenname is taken, but it is what it is for good reason.