PDA

View Full Version : What's this TV sports theme called?

Dead
03-14-2005, 11:54 PM
I've heard FOX use it on those commercials that they do advertising how they cover all the big championship sports events. They say something like "10 years of covering the World Series, the Super Bowl", etc. They use it more around World Series time. It's not the Basbeall on Fox theme though.

YES network also uses it in their commercials advertising the fact that Michael Kay is up for two emmys and that they get more viewers than any other regional network, etc.

It sounds like a very formal tune. I'm hoping someone can help me out with the name.

Thanks.

rmarotti
03-15-2005, 01:00 PM
Link to it? I don't have a television.

IronDragon1
03-15-2005, 01:16 PM
I think that the theme you're referring to is the 20th Century Fox theme (no idea if there's any official title other than that) which is played during the "20th century Fox" title card for movies they produce.

Not exactly sure though, so do feel free to post a link or something.

Bobby Digital
03-15-2005, 01:30 PM
Do you mean the one from Requiem For A Dream? Couldn't find a link to it, should be on any filesharing program.

RunDownHouse
03-15-2005, 04:49 PM
"O Fortuna" (Wagner?) is one frequently used during football broadcasts.

Dead
03-15-2005, 07:16 PM
nah it's not that theme that they have with the drums. there are no drums in this song at all. It sounds like more brass actually. Very nice brass.

I've heard it mostly in Fox commercials and in the YES commercial as well.

Dead
03-15-2005, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"O Fortuna" (Wagner?) is one frequently used during football broadcasts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that sorry. /images/graemlins/frown.gif I just checked Amazon for a cover of it and it wasn't the same.

Dead
03-15-2005, 07:17 PM
I don't think it's that either Bobby. It's not that MLB Fox theme either.

It's only in the commercials. I've never heard it used on a brodcast It's not that MLB theme that they play coming back into the games and out of them, or the NFL theme that they play when going to commercial.
I guess it's not a theme after all.

It's just a song that Fox uses in their commercial celebrating 10 years of covering the World Series.

Dead
03-15-2005, 07:30 PM
DID I mention that I have a feeling it's a John Williams song? Maybe that he.lps.