PDA

View Full Version : I like the play

Fo10
03-14-2005, 11:05 PM
No real read, only a few hands, but initial thought is fish. Thought the flop call was worth it due to the big pot, but open for debate.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Fo is CO with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Fo raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Fo calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Fo raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Fo calls, UTG calls.

River: (17.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG folds, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Fo bets</font>...

istewart
03-14-2005, 11:08 PM
How is a limp here PF?

deepsquat
03-14-2005, 11:11 PM
I think a raise here is prob ok. Id raise the flop if u wish to continue this hand which you obviously should.

Redd
03-15-2005, 01:28 AM
I'd raise the flop, to protect what might be the best hand.

Does anyone cap the turn here? The way pf/flop played out, AJ is unlikely, but this reeks of a slowplayed set. I think I'd cap with a LAGgy read, but if 'fish' means passive here, then I'll just call the 3-bet.

MrWookie47
03-15-2005, 01:47 AM
UTG's open fold on the river makes me smile.

I'm still making up my mind on that river bet. It seems odd that your opponent checked the river blank after 3-betting the turn. I'm not sure if that means he's crazy enough to try for a check/raise after a turn 3-bet, or if it means his 3-bet was crazy enough that he's not enthusiastic about his hand any more.

I think that if I checked behind, I'd slap myself for missing a value bet, and if I bet, I'd feel like an idiot for waltzing into a check/raise. What does everyone else think?

EDIT: Actually, I could see A5 being played this way. I think you should bet, and call a check/raise. The pot is large.

bottomset
03-15-2005, 02:21 AM
folding the flop here would be terrible, calling isn't much better .. the pot is already about 7BB when its to you, raise to increase the chance of winning it

Isura
03-15-2005, 09:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How is a limp here PF?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not good if the players are loose. Your pot equity is better than 20% here and you have great position.

Isura
03-15-2005, 09:27 AM
Thought the flop call was worth it due to the big pot, but open for debate.

The only debate is concerning raising instead of calling. No way you should fold this hand for 1 bet getting 12:1 odds. And, you should definitely raise the flop. Even though you may be behind a J, the board is fairly draw heavy (2 high cards and the straight draw), so you might get a few cold-callers chasing this big pot. Getting this extra money from the drawing hands makes up for the time you are behind top pair, or a set. This hand is worth seeing the turn, so better to raise. You might also get a chance to accept a free card, but should probably bet the turn UI against 1 opponent. MP3's turn/river plays don't add up. Did he overplay a pair of jacks and realize it on the river? Or is he looking to check-raise with something like a set? Who knows. This looks like a marginally profitable value bet on the river.

Buckmulligan
03-15-2005, 11:39 AM
What play?

Raise the flop.

tiltaholic
03-15-2005, 11:50 AM
i gotta say that i fold this preflop against 4 unknowns.
but, i'm trying to work ATo and A9o back into my game, so if i'm playing ATo here its going to be against 4 known morons, and i'm raising to get the button and fold the blinds. you must raise that flop.

Peter Harris
03-15-2005, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
River: (17.25 BB) 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif (3 players)
UTG folds,

[/ QUOTE ]

that card really changed everything. what an openfold.

raise PF goot. raise the flop for sure. cap the turn. river bet goot, call a raise.

Regards,
Pete H.

DoctorDrew
03-15-2005, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
River: (17.25 BB) 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif (3 players)
UTG folds,

[/ QUOTE ]

that card really changed everything. what an openfold.

raise PF goot. raise the flop for sure. cap the turn. river bet goot, call a raise.

Regards,
Pete H.

[/ QUOTE ]