PDA

View Full Version : New site to Bonus Whore (hopefully its good)

KKbluff
03-14-2005, 11:00 PM
Read an ad in my local college newspaper yesterday saying that they were looking for players to play at their site. They are paying THREE times the big blind per hour (multiplied by the # of tables if multi-tabling) for ANY limit. You have to play 10 hours a week i think to recieve your money though.
http://www.gamesgrid.com/p/
I am not in any way affiliated to this site for those who are wondering. Ive never tried to bonus whore via being a prop. Does anyone who has ever tried being a "prop" think this would be profitable? I know this site is ultra new, but would it be worth my time since it most likely will have an small table selection?
any thoughts or advice??

lowboat
03-15-2005, 11:07 AM
I took a look at this site and it seems pretty strong. The interface is different and the testers really seem to like it a lot. For three BBs an hour I will definitely give it a try.

kenberman
03-15-2005, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I took a look at this site and it seems pretty strong. The interface is different and the testers really seem to like it a lot. For three BBs an hour I will definitely give it a try.

[/ QUOTE ]

please stop spamming

TylerD
03-15-2005, 11:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
with a cap of $12 per hour

[/ QUOTE ]

GrannyMae
03-15-2005, 12:34 PM
The interface is different and the testers really seem to like it a lot. For three BBs an hour I will definitely give it a try.

you say
"the testers really seem to like it alot".

then you say
"i definitely will give it a try"

how is it that someone who has never played there would be privvy to what the testers said?

GrannyMae
03-15-2005, 12:37 PM
I took a look at this site and it seems pretty strong.

i just clicked the link and it says poker is coming soon and it is prompting me to sign up for email notification.

so, when you looked at this site, what was it that made it seem "pretty strong"?

the fonts?

kenberman
03-15-2005, 12:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The interface is different and the testers really seem to like it a lot. For three BBs an hour I will definitely give it a try.

you say
"the testers really seem to like it alot".

then you say
"i definitely will give it a try"

how is it that someone who has never played there would be privvy to what the testers said?

[/ QUOTE ]

you forgot the best part - lowboat registered today, and this was his first post.

GrannyMae
03-15-2005, 12:43 PM
honestly, while i get accused of it, i never make comments on post counts.
(and it was spammy enough that i was able to build on those merits alone) /images/graemlins/wink.gif

GrannyMae
03-15-2005, 12:46 PM
you forgot the best part

the *BEST* part was that this thread had been given a 5 star rating.

rofl.

disguising spam 101: don't rate the tread 5 stars within minutes of thread appearing

my one star rating killed that quickly

AncientPC
03-15-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You must play ten hours in one calendar week (Sunday-to-Sunday) to get the first lump payment. Once you do, you're paid by the (pro-rated) minute.

[/ QUOTE ]

Baulucky
03-15-2005, 01:02 PM
I'll play here. They have good backgammon games too.

BradleyT
03-15-2005, 01:16 PM
If you google gamesgrid it looks like it's been around since 1995 or earlier. Since I'm not into the backgammon world I'm not sure how legit the site is or what kind of player #'s they get for backgammon but it all seems legit to me.

KKbluff
03-15-2005, 04:43 PM
Im not spamming, im just asking peoples opinion. I dont know who lowboat is, and i am not trying to spam here. I just wanted some advice, but it seems some people are eager to judge this as spam. Thanks to everyone who ruined this post!

Hiatus
03-15-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you google gamesgrid it looks like it's been around since 1995 or earlier. Since I'm not into the backgammon world I'm not sure how legit the site is or what kind of player #'s they get for backgammon but it all seems legit to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been playing backgammon at GamesGrid for years. It's one of the top sites, and most of the top BG players play there. For BG the software is fairly reliable, and the interface is good. I'd say the staff is just so-so. Not all that responsive, and many of the people you deal with are volunteers who work for free playing time. You get what you pay for. There is a community of serious money players, and a community of recreational players who play free games and socialize. All in all, it's a good site, but until recently it hasn't had much competition for the serious BG player, so they've been able to get away with sub-par customer service.

If they follow the same model in their poker software, I'd expect them to do a decent job, and to try to keep up with the competition. I'd have no qualms about giving it a try or about trusting them with my money.

GrannyMae
03-15-2005, 05:12 PM
I dont know who lowboat is, and i am not trying to spam here

1. i was talking to lowboat

however,

2. how can anyone have an opinion on the site at the other end of that URL when there is no poker there? all i got was a notification form.

calllllm down. your post was not ruined. when they go live with poker, there will be plenty of feedback if there is anything different there.

Wabby
03-15-2005, 11:49 PM
they ARE live, with a beta-test. You can register and see for yourself.

As for the company goes, it can compare to the PartyPoker of Backgammon.

Way largest site and been in business for a decade. Never heard anyone complain about payments.

Doesn't support NETeller though.