PDA

View Full Version : Pocket 8's on 55T flop

OilMan
03-14-2005, 10:44 PM
I was not sure what to do after the raise from the button. The only read was that the button played quite a few hands.

0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB folds, Hero???

shadow29
03-14-2005, 10:56 PM
I make this call only about 95% of the time.

deepsquat
03-14-2005, 11:04 PM
Id call the flop and then check/fold the turn unimproved. MP2 could have a 10 anyway.

OilMan
03-14-2005, 11:32 PM
Should I really be calling this raise if I feel I have to improve on the turn to continue? I only have 2 outs to improve.

Help me out with this, but in order to call this raise, I should think its possible that I have the best hand at the time. The only cards that worry me are a 5, T or a big pocket pair.

IMO, I totally misplayed this hand and folded to the buttons raise (weak tight). You can imagine how pissed I was when the button showed down Ace high (with the pair on the board). I seem to get a bit intimidated against a PFR.

A_C_Slater
03-14-2005, 11:37 PM
Don't post results. It kills all discussion of the hand. I would check raise this flop, it will likely clear the field and you will then know whether the button has an overpair or just two overcards. If he reraises you're probably beat. If he only calls then I would bet out any turn card that isn't an Ace, King, or Queen.

TripleH68
03-14-2005, 11:41 PM
I don't think your fold was bad considering MP2 called your single bet on the flop on a drawless board leading into the PRF. I would prefer check-raising this flop...

LuckyStrike
03-15-2005, 12:22 AM
I'd probably check/raise this flop, but with your line I'd call the flop raise and then lead the turn. If he raises, fold. The fold would be even easier if MP2 is still hanging around.

Aaron W.
03-15-2005, 03:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Id call the flop and then check/fold the turn unimproved.

[/ QUOTE ]

DISASTER! That's the worst of all possible lines. Think it through and see if you can figure out why.

Dead
03-15-2005, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Id call the flop and then check/fold the turn unimproved. MP2 could have a 10 anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding the flop is clearly beter than calling the flop and folding the turn. You don't have odds to hit your 8 on the turn when you're behind so what is the point?

I either 3bet the flop or fold the flop.

adsman
03-15-2005, 03:23 AM
Your best bet here is to wait for the turn to protect your hand. If the Turn is a blank then;
1. Go for the check raise if MP2 is still in the hand.
2. Bet out if its HU, (unless you have reads on villian where you are pretty sure he will bet this. Then go for the check raise.)

Buckmulligan
03-15-2005, 12:12 PM
Without a read, I would be lying if I told you I am not folding this to his raise. the board is drawless and the times you will lose a lot if you are way behind with your 2 outs and will gain little if you are ahead because you can be outdrawn and can't play this too aggressively anyway.
If he check raised me and I had position, though, I would call the raise and see what happens on the turn. Fold unimproved or bet if he checks to me.

Buckmulligan
03-15-2005, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would check raise this flop, it will likely clear the field and you will then know whether the button has an overpair or just two overcards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check raise... I like it.