PDA

View Full Version : Religion of Peace? Or Religion of Intolerance?

MMMMMM
10-01-2002, 02:47 AM
From the Koran:

Muhammed
IV.89: They desire that you should disbelieve as they have disbelieved, so
that you might be alike; therefore take not from among them friends until they fly in Allah's way; but if they turn back, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them, and take not from among them a friend or a helper."

IX. 5-6: Kill those who join other gods with God wherever you may find them.

VIII.39-42: Say to the Infidels: if they desist from their unbelief, what is now past shall be forgiven; but if they return to it, they have already before them the doom of the ancients! Fight then against them till strife be
at an end, and the religion be all of it God's.

"There may be moderate Muslims, but Islam itself is not moderate. There is no difference between Islam and Islamic fundamentalism. At most there is a
difference of degree but not of kind." -- Ibn Warraq, executive director of the Institute for the Secularization of Islamic Society

B-Man
10-01-2002, 10:34 AM
Islam has always been the religion of the sword. People who say it is a peaceful religion are either ignorant of the history of Islam, afraid to speak the truth or just trying to be politically correct.

MMMMMM
10-01-2002, 02:01 PM
That may be--I don't know for sure--and there are those who would correctly point out that Christianity has a long and bloody past too. What I'm trying to get at here, howeever, is not so much what has been DONE in the names of either religion, but what the religions themselves preach. In other words, if you were to simply follow the scriptures of Islam, would you seek to kill unrepentant infidels? I don't think Christianity advocates such actions in the Bible (though I am no biblical authority), but at least from the above quotes of the Koran it appears to me that Islam does.