PDA

View Full Version : Death Sentence for Jesus Play

MMMMMM
10-01-2002, 02:15 AM
An English playwright has been sentenced to death for his work.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=29103

John Cole
10-01-2002, 09:06 AM
M,

Note the writer of the article and his rather bombastic rhetoric. Medved has been arguing for years that "Hollywood" is essentially anti-Christian; now he wants to drag Islam into the fray. I'm stunned that Medved would leap to McNally's defense since McNally's work, for Medved, typifies all that is wrong with Hollywood. Of course, he's not defending McNally or his work. He simply wants to argue that a small part constitutes a whole. But, I'd expect nothing less from a film critic whose major critical tools are waging war on anti-Christian Hollywood
types and judging a film's worth on whether or not--in his irritating commentary--he can "relate" to the characters.

John

B-Man
10-01-2002, 09:58 AM
Hopefully the morons who issued the death sentence are too scatter-brained and powerless to carry it out.

MMMMMM
10-01-2002, 01:51 PM
I don't know anything about Medved, and I agree that the rhetoric is somewhat bombastic. What disturbs me however is not so much the anti-Christian element in this case, but the example of Islamic intolerance to the point of severe punishment for "crimes" regarding expression of views or opinions. I fear this is but one example of what may be irreconciliable underlying differences between Islam and every other belief system on the face of the Earth. Now, granted, the radical sheikh who issued this fatwa is not typical of all Muslims/Arabs, BUT that seems to lead to the question: is his decree a "radical" perversion of Islam, or is it simply the logical result of literal and accurate interpretation of Islamic scripture and law?