PDA

View Full Version : Nut flush draw against 2 LAG's

Sasnak
03-14-2005, 09:49 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG folds. <font color="blue">Is a raise in order here? I wanted to disguise my draw and hopefully hit and collect extra bets on the river. </font>

Turn: (5.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

River: (17.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 21.75 BB

With two others in the pot I am correct to stay in with the nut flush draw right?

This has been a typical flush draw for me. Either I miss and pay a ton to get there, or I'm OOP and get called down only to hit my flush and win a marginal pot.

KaiShin
03-14-2005, 09:53 PM
On the flop, overcards + flush draw usually = raise for me.

Definitely call the turn bets. Looks like you're running into duelling straights or a set, or possibly a lower flush draw. I'd probably 3-bet the turn myself. The chance to bust them big time on the river is well worth it.

Edited for spelling.

ArturiusX
03-14-2005, 09:54 PM
A raise is in order because you have overcards here.

You can win this hand without hitting your flush, and you want UTG who might have better overcards (AJ for eg) to fold here (turns out he did anyway). Not to mention you also trap the button for a few more.

Isura
03-14-2005, 10:05 PM
Is a raise in order here? I wanted to disguise my draw and hopefully hit and collect extra bets on the river.

What the? How does smooth-calling disguise your hand. Sure it might disguise that you have the nut flush draw, but to others it sure likes your staying in with a decent flush draw considering the turn action.

I would bet the flop. You have overcards and may still have the best hand. Be prepared to put in plenty of bets on the flop. Yeah, and 3-bet the turn.

milesdyson
03-14-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is a raise in order here? I wanted to disguise my draw and hopefully hit and collect extra bets on the river.

What the? How does smooth-calling disguise your hand. Sure it might disguise that you have the nut flush draw, but to others it sure likes your staying in with a decent flush draw considering the turn action.

I would bet the flop. You have overcards and may still have the best hand. Be prepared to put in plenty of bets on the flop. Yeah, and 3-bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bet into the UTG preflop raiser so you can get it heads up with dirty overcard outs? Bad idea. Check raising or check calling this flop is the way to go, and 3-betting the turn is nonsense.

Aaron W.
03-14-2005, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With two others in the pot I am correct to stay in with the nut flush draw right?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's extremely rare for it to be incorrect to chase a (nut) flush draw on the turn. If the board is not paired, folding is not an option.