PDA

View Full Version : Fun w/ TT

The Dude
03-14-2005, 09:03 PM
Mirage 40-80 game. It's only been going for about 45 mins, and only in the last 10 mins has it been more than 5 handed. UTG is decent, but it doesn't look like he's adjusted to 8 handed - he's still open-raising from EP very light. The player to my left is new at the table, but my impression of him so far (right or wrong as it may be) is that he's on the weak-tight side, although not as bad as most Vegas locals.

Preflop:
UTG raises, some guy folds, The Dude 3-bets in MP w/ T/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif, MP2 4-bets, CO, Button, and blinds fold. Initial raiser calls, The Dude calls.

Flop: (13.5 SBs) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 Players)</font>
UTG checks, The Dude bets, MP2 calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (7.75 BBs) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 Players)</font>
The Dude bets, planning on folding to a raise...

Stork
03-14-2005, 09:08 PM
Looks good as long as MP is weak-tight enough to fold KK-JJ here, which he should be if he's weak tight.

gaming_mouse
03-14-2005, 09:12 PM
I like it, but if he calls the turn I think it's time to give up -- he's committed to a showdown.

Clarkmeister
03-14-2005, 09:16 PM
Any name or physical description of MP2? You can PM it to me if you like.

The Dude
03-14-2005, 10:06 PM
Meh, he told me his name but I don't remember it. He's late- to middle-aged, perhaps in his late 50s. He had short, grey hair, a little curly. He was pretty quiet and seemed to be a nice guy. I might recognize his name if you list a few that might fit the above description.

James282
03-14-2005, 10:13 PM
Completely standard.
-James

The Dude
03-14-2005, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Any name or physical description of MP2?

[/ QUOTE ]
Would it matter? How many people in this game are calling me down w/o an A?

Chris Daddy Cool
03-14-2005, 10:20 PM
This hand doesn't seem fun at all.

The Dude
03-14-2005, 10:22 PM
Shut up, you nit.

Clarkmeister
03-14-2005, 10:33 PM
More than you think.

Quiet Bill? Almost never says anything, balding with a combover?

The Dude
03-14-2005, 10:43 PM
No, he wasn't balding at all. He had short, curly, grey hair.

[ QUOTE ]
More than you think.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but not enough to prevent me from continuing to bet, right? (Until I get to know the guy, that is.)

theBruiser500
03-15-2005, 03:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks good as long as MP is weak-tight enough to fold KK-JJ here, which he should be if he's weak tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how he could fold KK-JJ here. He just called the flop, it's not like theDude 3 bet him and is showing a lot of strength. He bet into the capper, maybe because he's strong, but maybe to find out where he's at with a pocket pair. I think KK-JJ has to call down, and will call down all the time.

theBruiser500
03-15-2005, 03:22 AM
I don't like this play. Weak/tight capped you preflop, I am thinking AA-JJ, AK, exactly the hand range that always has you beat pretty much. An ace flops so you don't beat anything. Granted there are 12 SB in the pot but your way you invest 3 SB to win 13 SB, 13:3 I just don't see how you can be ahead or win the pot that often.

I can't really think of a line I like, maybe check/call flop and fold turn, or lead flop and then check/fold turn. Basically I think investing anything more than one SB is excessive here.

bobbyi
03-15-2005, 03:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Weak/tight capped you preflop

[/ QUOTE ]
Preflop wasn't capped. UTG raised, Dude three-bet and weak tight four-bet and then they all just called.

theBruiser500
03-15-2005, 03:42 AM
Alright whatever, weak tight 4 bet it.

youngin20
03-15-2005, 04:39 AM
Ok, so you bet, fold to a raise. The river? Check/fold if called? Seems a bit lame. I dont really like the line you took, being beat and trying to bet your way out of it is usually a way to spew chips. After the calls on the flop, I would probably be done with it.

Justin A
03-15-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Alright whatever, weak tight 4 bet it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually think a Vegas 4bet is stronger than a 4bet cap in California or online. So your point is more valid this way.

The Dude
03-15-2005, 04:28 PM
Look, I don't even know if this guy would 4-bet me with AK or not. I do know when the flop comes there's no way in hell I'm ahead. The only question is how often is how often is he going to be calling me down with KK-JJ?

If I bet the flop, it has to be because I'm willing to bet the turn. Just about everytbody is willing to take one off on the flop with any pocket pair, so if he's going to fold it'll be on the turn.

lostinthought
03-15-2005, 06:35 PM
If he just calls (as opposed to raising) the turn bet, what is your plan for the river?

-fire again to any card less than a T and fold to a raise?
-check/fold?

Stork
03-15-2005, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how he could fold KK-JJ here. He just called the flop, it's not like theDude 3 bet him and is showing a lot of strength. He bet into the capper, maybe because he's strong, but maybe to find out where he's at with a pocket pair. I think KK-JJ has to call down, and will call down all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Dude 3-bet preflop. I think MP has to give him credit for an ace or pocket pair. I think he called the flop figuring The Dude surely wouldn't fire another barrel without an ace, so his plan was to fold the turn, or bet if checked to.

The Dude
03-15-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If he just calls (as opposed to raising) the turn bet, what is your plan for the river?

[/ QUOTE ]
If he calls my turn bet, I'm figuring he's going to see a showdown. Therefore I check-fold.