PDA

View Full Version : Father figure?

Zoltri
03-14-2005, 08:34 PM
Father figure...I keep hearing this alot when it comes to women but why?

You never hear a guy say I'm with this girl because she is a 'mother figure' or she reminds me of my mother.

Just a Monday night musing. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

pshreck
03-14-2005, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Father figure...I keep hearing this alot when it comes to women but why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is said more when it comes to guys and them having a father figure.

As for mother figure, this may be because it is a lot more likely you will have grown up without a father, as opposed to being abandoned by your mother. Not really sure though.

Lazymeatball
03-14-2005, 08:48 PM
lots of guys date girls that are similar to their mothers, they may not come out and say it, but there is the matter of an Oedipus complex.

gamblore99
03-15-2005, 01:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
lots of guys date girls that are similar to their mothers, they may not come out and say it, but there is the matter of an Oedipus complex.

[/ QUOTE ]

while this is true, guys are naturally attracted to girls with similar features to there mother, freudian psychology is a bunch of crap.

pshreck
03-15-2005, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

while this is true, guys are naturally attracted to girls with similar features to there mother, freudian psychology is a bunch of crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just made a point agreeing with Freud, then say he is full of crap. Nice.

peachy
03-15-2005, 01:15 AM
its b/c most guys arent manly enough to admit the girl has qualities of his mother...that or hes not smart enough to figure this out...

jakethebake
03-15-2005, 12:13 PM
Women are with the guy because they want someone to buy them stuff and take care of them like Daddy did. Men are with women for the sex, hopefully NOT what Mommy did.