PDA

View Full Version : turn 2-pair, OESD & flush draw hand

shefhammer
03-14-2005, 07:42 PM
Hi all.

Am a long time lurker on the NL Hold'em forums. I play Omaha Hi/Lo occassionally just for fun. I only play $5 games and despite my limited knowledge have a profitable record over a small sample size, based almost solely on what consitutes a good starting hand. Post-flop I am at a loss quite often. No more so than here...

3 handed. You all probably hate the completion preflop and the flop call - feel free to abuse me but at least say what you'd do on the turn as well! I had absolutely no clue what the right play was here.

Party Poker Limit Omaha/8 Tourney, Big Blind t400 (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t2770)
Hero (t1822)
BB (t3408)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB, t1200) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (3 BB, t2400) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Button calls, Hero folds.

River: (5 BB, t4000) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t1170 (All-In)</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 7.925 BB (t6340)

Anyway I folded based on the fact that I was only playing for half the pot and my hand might not be good whatever hit the river unless it was a 2 or 10.

gergery
03-14-2005, 08:04 PM
3 handed no hands are going to be superfavorites over another so getting 5:1 on a call is fine, but folding is fine too. What you are looking for is some other low cards that will counterfeit your opponents lows while making you straights/flushes/twopairs and weaker lows that will hold up.

Flop is ok for you -- two pair is very likely the best hand at the moment. Since your chances for low are slim, i'd check-call and see a turn card.

Turn - fold is bad. when you called the flop bet what card did you want to see on the turn? You got a pretty darn good card that gives you a T-hi flush draw and OESD to go with your 2pair.

If you are going to fold here, then your flop and preflop actions cannot be correct, as you will not get good enough flops to justify playing them.

shefhammer
03-15-2005, 06:50 AM
Thanks.

I figured afterwards it was a poor call on the flop for the very reason you stated. The turn card helps me yet I folded, which had to be the wrong decision.

RickyG
03-15-2005, 07:19 AM
forgive the ignorance, by what is OESD?? my best guess is Omaha Eight Show Down, but that doesnt make sense in context.

bodie
03-15-2005, 12:58 PM
I would have completed the SB as well since it hadn't been raised to me. You never know what may come on the flop. I have to say I probably would have folded on the flop once the BB bet on it, since your 2 was counterfeited, there are two cards to a flush (of which you have a draw for 4th nut flush - in Omaha with two flush cards out on the flop and someone betting I would worry. Even 2nd nut low flush can be tricky in this game). You have two pair, but one of them is the lowest card out there, the 2.
So, this can be one of the "problems" of completing a hand like that in the SB - you may well get some weak match with the flop and since you're out there you get sucked into betting on it.
I would personally have needed more than that to continue betting after the flop.

IronDragon1
03-15-2005, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
forgive the ignorance, by what is OESD?? my best guess is Omaha Eight Show Down, but that doesnt make sense in context.

[/ QUOTE ]

OESD=Open Ended Straight Draw