PDA

View Full Version : selling a cell phone

schwza
03-14-2005, 07:05 PM
i have a motorola v66 that i want to sell. i used to use it with t-mobile. what's the deal - can i just sell it on ebay to anybody, or can it only be used on t-mobile or something? thanks.

kenberman
03-14-2005, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i have a motorola v66 that i want to sell. i used to use it with t-mobile. what's the deal - can i just sell it on ebay to anybody, or can it only be used on t-mobile or something? thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure it can only be used on t mobile.
you basically need to find someone who's old t-mobile phone broke, and who doesn't want to/can't sign a new contract w/ t-mobile.

pshreck
03-14-2005, 09:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure it can only be used on t mobile.
you basically need to find someone who's old t-mobile phone broke, and who doesn't want to/can't sign a new contract w/ t-mobile.

[/ QUOTE ]

... or just go on ebay. There is a sizeable market for used cellphones.

Ray Zee
03-15-2005, 12:06 AM
they are worth so little. so give it to someone who cant afford service and can use the 911 feature for an emergency.
a good samaritan gets paid back in other ways.

schwza
03-16-2005, 12:45 PM
can you use 911 on a cell phone with no service?

wh1t3bread
03-16-2005, 12:51 PM
Definitely. In fact some of the best uses for these phones are to take them to Battered Womens Shelters so that they can give it to a needy woman who can use it to call 911 to help protect themselves.

schwza
03-16-2005, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Definitely. In fact some of the best uses for these phones are to take them to Battered Womens Shelters so that they can give it to a needy woman who can use it to call 911 to help protect themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's a cool idea. thanks.