PDA

View Full Version : What are the Stars cards like?

SomethingClever
03-14-2005, 06:44 PM
There's a set of cards for 1,000 FPPs on PokerStars.

Anyone have 'em? Are they KEM? Are they worth getting for 1,000 points? If not what else should I get with 1,500 points (I have the beanie already).

amlindauer
03-14-2005, 07:10 PM
Best way I can describe them is that they seem a touch thicker and heavier than the KEMs I have. Almost like a thicker plastic. They seem like they'd be more inclined to snap if bent to the extreme. (why you would do that I don't know)

I was in the same boat you are. I don't need a beanie or a shirt.....

I'm happy with them.

TobDog
03-14-2005, 09:03 PM
Get the duffel bag, I have had one for over a year and its still holding up.

nolanfan34
03-14-2005, 11:49 PM
I've been meaning to post about these.

I liked the ones that I got a lot at first. But, recently, I noticed the print on one of the decks is smearing. Like, I can take my finger and rub it on the back of the card, and the color is coming off. I can't figure out what happened, they never got wet or anything.

I may have just gotten a bad deck or something. I'm going to e-mail them and see if I can get a replacement, although I won't expect much.

I guess I'd probably just spend $15 on Copags or $25 on KEMs if I were you.

tubalkain
03-15-2005, 01:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Best way I can describe them is that they seem a touch thicker and heavier than the KEMs I have. Almost like a thicker plastic. They seem like they'd be more inclined to snap if bent to the extreme. (why you would do that I don't know)

I was in the same boat you are. I don't need a beanie or a shirt.....

I'm happy with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're Royals. Don't get them.

Bulldog
03-15-2005, 09:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There's a set of cards for 1,000 FPPs on PokerStars.

Anyone have 'em? Are they KEM? Are they worth getting for 1,000 points? If not what else should I get with 1,500 points (I have the beanie already).

[/ QUOTE ]

Play the one-table satellite with your 1,500 points. Winner gets T$215.

SomethingClever
03-15-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Winner gets T$215.

[/ QUOTE ]

215 tourney chips?

I'm not really a great tourney or NL player. I mostly play shorthanded limit.

Bulldog
03-15-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Winner gets T$215.

[/ QUOTE ]

215 tourney chips?

I'm not really a great tourney or NL player. I mostly play shorthanded limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, 215 actual dollars that can only be used to play in tournaments. Actually, PS will enter you in the weekly $200+$15. You can unregister from that and use the T$ for any tournament(s) you like. Or you can usually sell them for about 80-85 cents on the dollar. Anyone have the info on how to sell T$ (and the W$)? I did this once last year after winning a WCOOP entry, but I forget how I set it up.