PDA

View Full Version : Easy call, or no?

UMCorona
03-14-2005, 04:47 PM
Here's a hand I played in the main event of WPT Shooting Star last week that I'd like some feedback on.

Level 3. Blinds are 100-200. I'm in middle position with about T6500. UTG and UTG+1 both limp in. I look down at A/images/graemlins/club.gifK/images/graemlins/club.gif and raise 3x the BB to 600. It gets folded around to the BB who calls. Both limpers fold and it's just me and the BB on the flop.

Flop comes 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gifT/images/graemlins/club.gifJ/images/graemlins/heart.gif. BB pushes all in for about 1600. The BB has been playing fairly loose up to this point and has already gone all in 3 times, twice while behind, and managed to stay alive. My read is that the BB has a pair of one of the cards on the boards with a decent kicker. How many of you call here and how many of you fold, and why?

After you've answered that, add to the situation that the BB is Layne Flack and if you call and win the hand you get his $5,000 bounty. Does that affect your decision at all?

schwza
03-14-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After you've answered that, add to the situation that the BB is Layne Flack and if you call and win the hand you get his $5,000 bounty. Does that affect your decision at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, because i don't like money.

i would fold in a normal situation, but here i think it's worth it to take a shot at the 5k. hope that you have 6 outs if behind. what's the buy-in?

Roman
03-14-2005, 05:10 PM
raise ~1k pf.

Fold if its not layne, call if it is.

Sam T.
03-14-2005, 05:14 PM
You've got 11 outs twice (three aces, three kings, four queens, one for the backdoor flush), though some are probably tainted. Close enough that I don't want to lose my status as a big stack here.

For the $5k, though...I'll take it.

My two cents,

SST

UMCorona
03-14-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i would fold in a normal situation, but here i think it's worth it to take a shot at the 5k. hope that you have 6 outs if behind. what's the buy-in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Buy-in is $10k, which was won through about $5 worth of satellite investment.

adanthar
03-14-2005, 05:21 PM
Fold vs. a normal player.

Against Flack, you're getting 2:1. Let's say you only have 7 normal outs plus 1 (the backdoor flush) for a total of 8. You are therefore breaking even in chips on the call, and collecting an average of $1667.

HMMMMMMM.

MLG
03-14-2005, 05:25 PM
Easy call against Flack given the money. I actually think its a call anyway with that read. You have between 7 and 10 outs, plus the back door flush draw getting 2-1 on your money. Don't forget the times he makes this play with like A-9 or K-9.

MLG
03-14-2005, 05:26 PM
you aren't a big stack with 6500 in this tournamet, when you start with 10k in chips.

Rick Diesel
03-14-2005, 05:42 PM
With 2 limpers, you have to raise this to at least 1,000 preflop. That would eliminate the call or fold decision for you after the flop with enough money already in the pot to call no matter what flopped.

That being said, in the current situation I would still call, as he could still just be running the stop and go on you with any two cards.

Bataglin
03-14-2005, 06:21 PM
Yes, call.

schwza
03-14-2005, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

right. by 6 i meant 10.

Iconoclastic
03-14-2005, 07:48 PM
Another vote for Call. Just curious, what'd he have?

UMCorona
03-15-2005, 09:00 AM
I ended up calling. He turned over KJ for a pair of Jacks and I didn't catch an Ace or Queen.

Everyone else at the table seemed to think it was an automatic call in that situation, but I wasn't so certain.