PDA

View Full Version : Party 600 NL Top two hand

ggbman
03-14-2005, 04:18 PM
Same table as my the other hand i posted, generally solid play. I limp UTG+2 with AK. 6 people see the flop of

As Jh 8s

I bet $25 into a $32 pot and a solid player (poker_jedi for those of you know him) popped me back to $125. What do you think the best move is here? The hand that most concerned me was 88, but my read was that he had something more like A8 suited or AQ.

LuvDemNutz
03-14-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Same table as my the other hand i posted, generally solid play. I limp UTG+2 with AK. 6 people see the flop of

As Jh 8s

I bet $25 into a $32 pot and a solid player (poker_jedi for those of you know him) popped me back to $125. What do you think the best move is here? The hand that most concerned me was 88, but my read was that he had something more like A8 suited or AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming you limped with AJ and not AK?

Wayfare
03-14-2005, 05:01 PM
I love it when my AK flops top two on an AJ8 board.

mr. shred
03-14-2005, 05:57 PM
with that type of bet it looks like a weak ace to me. I am raising the size of the pot. If he had a set he would only had called. you flopped the best you could hope for. make him pay.

-Skeme-
03-14-2005, 06:07 PM
Hmf. I muck AJo preflop.

ggbman
03-14-2005, 06:45 PM
Sorry i'm idiot, i limped with AJ. I know some people muck this, but i think trying to see a cheap flop every now and then is ok too. I felt my hand was good on this flop, but i didn't want to give cheap cards. How do you play this to extract maximum value?

bigfishead
03-14-2005, 06:56 PM
looking at my stats on him....only 427 hands....I see him as being tight but over aggro post flop. This allows him to take pots qwickly too. But I see he way over plays BIG ACE hands. As this appears to be. I suggest you decide if he'll call a re-pop..(often will) or will a flat call kill all your action unless you beat. On the turn he'll probably not fire if you check unless he has pocket 8's. UNLESS he is on AK-AQ and thinks he does have the best. So know it comes down to what you think he thinks of your play. If you put him on him haveing a weaker ace...that he would call with...then a turn bet of 150 should suck him in.

BTW...tho it's only 427 hands....His overvalue of Ax hands looks potentially leaky and a good spot to dominate him.

Mad Genius1
03-14-2005, 09:51 PM
I think your decision depends heavily on stack sizes. Assuming you both started the hand with 600, your opponent has about $470 left and pot is $182. If you are mainly concerned with getting value out of the hand then I would go ahead and call and then checkraise allin on the turn. You probably can't get away from this hand and if you want the money going in this is probably your best way to do it.

ggbman
03-15-2005, 08:53 AM
My main concern was that i didnt want to give him a winning card on the turn is he had something like QK or spades, or maybe something like Q 10 of spades, although he's probably call the push with that. Anyway, shoved on the flop and he folded.