PDA

View Full Version : San Fran Hotel Help

WDC
03-14-2005, 04:02 PM
Taking the wife to San Fran in early April. Want to find a reasonable hotel in and around the touristy areas. Any reccomendations? Thanks in advance.

andyfox
03-14-2005, 11:36 PM
Don't know what qualifies as "reasonable," especially in San Francisco, which is an expensive city, but you might try the Sheraton at Fisherman's Wharf.

Zeno
03-15-2005, 12:24 AM
There is a Best Western near the tourist area back off the water front etc. Fairly reasonable. You have to walk some but that is part of the charm. Walk up Telegraph Hill from there very early in the morning. It's great.

-Zeno

HDPM
03-15-2005, 01:10 AM
HDPW and I like the Westin St Francis. Some don't like that area, but I don't like the fishermans wharf area all that well. Last time we thought about SF the prices didn't seem horrible. Once when shorter on money we stayed near there at a B&B where the cat woke us up and some Russian ladies stole the croissants off the continental breakfast. Kinda funny since they didn't know one of us (not me) spoke russian and they were saying some funny stuff. We preferred westin, although the cat was OK.

bholdr
03-15-2005, 02:47 AM
try to reserve a private room at the hostel on lower Haight street... If your wife is at all adventourus, she will appreiciate the color and eccentric personalities of the residents, and a private room is as safe as in any hotel, at 30$/night.

555 Haight (http://www.hostels.com/en/availability.php/HostelNumber.4334)

If she is not, find a real hotel...