PDA

View Full Version : Please Help!!!!

omahanut
03-14-2005, 04:02 PM
Let me preface my comments and questions by stating that I am as tech-savy as a potato. With this in mind, I would greatly appreciate assistance in learning how I can play multiple games (4) without tiling. From what I have read, I understand that you can change the screen resolution to 1600x1200 to accomplish this. However, when attempting to do so, I discovered that I can not reduce it to that level. From further reading, I understand that this is a function of my graphics card and monitor. My question is this: How do I know which it is? Might I have to replace both? What is the easiest and most cost effective way to resolve this issue? I greatly appreciate any/all feedback. Please keep in mind my lack of technical understanding when responding. Thanks!!!!

RollaJ
03-14-2005, 04:03 PM
98% of the time it will be the monitor, look at the model and check the specs online for max resolution

Ian M.
03-14-2005, 09:14 PM
It's probably your monitor. How big is it? I know 17" monitors normally do not have this resolution, you need at least a 19".

mcozzy1
03-14-2005, 11:42 PM
It's possible that it's just a driver issue. The first thing I would do is go to the manufacturer's website and download the latest monitor drivers.

MrGrob
03-15-2005, 12:48 AM
So far, most everyone is correct.

The 1st thing to do is check into the monitor. Most do not support 1600x1200 etc. I had a real old one that I ran at that, though it was not supposed to, and it blew.

2nd thing is the graphics card. You may not have the memory on it to run 1600x1200. Most likely it can, but just need to check the amount of memory it has.

The drive I don't think is the issue here, but it never hurts to update to the lastest one...however, I don't think this will fix your issue.

omahanut
03-16-2005, 05:54 PM
Thanks to all who responded. It was indeed the monitor. I have ordered a new one and am anxiously awaiting its arrival so I amy play multiple games without overlap. Thanks again!