PDA

View Full Version : How to play flopped Quads

utmt40
03-14-2005, 04:01 PM
Yesterday night I was playing on Stars 10+1 SNG. 2nd hand of touney and I am dealt KTs. One guy makes a min raise to 40 chips and their are three callers including myself. Flop comes KKK. How do I need to play here to get the most chips for this monster flop. Keep in mind that this is the 2nd hand of the the tourney and everyone is still with right at 1500 chips. All 9 players are still left. Thanks

Blackjack
03-14-2005, 04:04 PM
Check and hope someone bets the flop.

Overbet massively and hope someone comes over the top

Bet small to build the pot.

All depends. I'd prolly choose option 1 and let the pfr bluff into it.

BradleyT
03-14-2005, 04:06 PM
Seriously, there's 100 other things you should be learning rather than how to get the most money out of quads.

sofere
03-14-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, there's 100 other things you should be learning rather than how to get the most money out of quads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like how to river quads when your allin with a set against a full house.

spentrent
03-14-2005, 04:15 PM
I knew Sklansky was a hack from his failure to address this common problem in his collection of so-called "poker tips" books. Thank God for the messageboard.

BradleyT
03-14-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously that is something that happened and I wanted to know so if you dont have anything to say in response to the question asked go do something else rather than post a usless post as you have done douche bag!

[/ QUOTE ]

You've got a lot to learn if you don't understand my post.

dickweed.

nuclear500
03-15-2005, 12:26 AM
Since everyone else is sort of being a dick about it and telling you to not worry about this one in one million chance....

You do nothing. Check, slow call. If you are first to act on the flop (whether its checked to you or you are first) make a 1/3 pot size bet. You are only afraid of running Ace's. Otherwise let them do any kind of betting. If they suddenly bet big, you need to min-raise, don't go over the top it simply tells them you have the King.

If you unfortunately get down to the river without any betting, you make a 3x pot size bet and hope someone caught something to think their boat might still be good.

The deck is extraordinarly crippled. Everyone will be checking it and everyone will "know" someone is laying a whole line of horse crap by checking. Thats fine though because as I said, all you are worried about is running Ace's, but with that many callers, there is at least one Ace out there alive this early and if one comes on the turn or river, they may suspect their Kings full of Ace's is good.

Allinlife
03-15-2005, 12:32 AM
I think betting 1/3~1/2 pot all the way hoping someone will go allin with PP/ pairing with board. betting this flop is mendatory because you will be called /raised by many pocket pairs, and Ax will follow as well. get the money in before high cards come up on turn.

Mr_J
03-15-2005, 12:59 AM
"get the money in before high cards come up on turn."

????
You have quads. You can't lose. You WANT someone to hit on the turn so they bet.

I forgot about AA hitting runner runner aces, but that'd be VERY rare.

BradleyT
03-15-2005, 01:39 AM
Oh, forgot - fold PF unless you were in a blind.

Slim Pickens
03-15-2005, 04:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You are only afraid of running Ace's.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would be more than happy to find a new winner for my all time worst poker bad beat, at the cost of only one buy-in. That would so kick the butt of the time my AA lost to AK with the running kings.

FWIW I check to the river and then bet the pot.

Slim

Paul2432
03-15-2005, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"get the money in before high cards come up on turn."

????
You have quads. You can't lose. You WANT someone to hit on the turn so they bet.

I forgot about AA hitting runner runner aces, but that'd be VERY rare.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to balance letting someone hit with a scare card killing your action. I also like betting out here. Nobody puts you on a K when you bet out. If the PFR has a high pocket pair, betting out is your best chance to get all-in.

Paul