PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Draw...

TheShootah
03-14-2005, 03:08 PM
I know a couple people on this forum play here. How well do you do? I am watching a 3/6 game and it seems there are only about two people who have any idea what they are doing here. People are cold calling two bets with draws...limping with shorts in EP, I want to sit down!

beset7
03-14-2005, 03:55 PM
The games are quite good but like you said there are 2+2ers and other skilled players that specialize in them. Just pay attention and take notes on players and won't take long to spot them.

Tom Bayes
03-14-2005, 07:58 PM
I admittedly haven't played at Paradise in a few months since I prefer pot-limit to limit and have played all my recent draw at 24h. But I'm pretty sure the secret to Paradise is table selection, table selection, table selection. If you play the game regularly, you'll figure out who are the good & tricky, who are the rocks that'll kill the action in your game, and who the donators are.

When you first start playing at Paradise, the grinders who hunt out noobs will immediately join your table, as they will assume unknowns are bad players. A good sign is if these players stop constantly sitting at your table after a few sessions /images/graemlins/wink.gif

CORed
03-15-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But I'm pretty sure the secret to Paradise is table selection, table selection, table selection.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only problem is that there are usually only one or two tables of 2/4 going, one of 3/6, and 0 or 1 of 5/10. There are usually several tables of 1/2 going. That doesn't leave you much room for table selection if you want to play higher than 1/2.

TheShootah
03-15-2005, 05:09 PM
If I play I will probably play 1/2 first to see how well I do and build my BR.

RitmoEnElCaos
03-15-2005, 05:13 PM
I made $1k at 1/2 in one month, and I didn't even bother trying to avoid the regulars. I'm no whiz at draw, either.

-Ritmo

TheShootah
03-15-2005, 05:46 PM
Holy crap. Did you multitable?

RitmoEnElCaos
03-16-2005, 01:20 AM
No, I single-tabled the whole thing. I guess you might be asking facetiously because I don't think it was really that great of an accomplishment. I played about 50 hours. Then I got bored and went back to hold'em. At the time that I did this (last July), there wasn't a lot of table selection... usually only 3 or 4 1/2 tables going and almost never anything at 2/4 or above.

Seat selection in draw is more important than table selection. It doesn't really hurt to have good players at the table if they are on your immediate left and 2 seats to your left. You want the fish (ie, people who limp) on your right. It's nice to have a player on your left that defends his blinds with shorts, too, but generally the money flows clockwise in this game. Weisenberg makes this point in one of his Card Player columns.

-Ritmo

TheShootah
03-16-2005, 01:36 AM
No I was completely serious. I am a college student, so 1k / month at 1/2 tables seems pretty outrageous. You do realize that that is 10 BB / h! Is that possible? It seems kinda nuts!

schubes
03-16-2005, 02:11 AM
I find you want good tricky players 2 to your left, so they are in the blind when you are on the button. You don't want a good player on your immediate left, unless by "good" you mean tight-passive. It's no fun being 3-bet often when you try to steal from SB.

Seat selection is very important, but table selection (when possible) has a much bigger impact on your win rate.

RitmoEnElCaos
03-16-2005, 11:30 AM
I'm only estimating the number of hours played. Wish there was something like PokerTracker for draw. Keep in mind, though, with draw, you can play over 120 hands an hour.

I think 10bb/hour at draw is higher than I could sustain over the long run, but I'm pretty sure 5bb/hour could be easily achieved on Paradise 1/2. I've heard that a solid game of draw at a B&M would yield maybe 1bb/hour. Factor in the fish and the speed of online play.