PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the help.

HeroInBlack
03-14-2005, 02:25 PM
Hello, everyone.

I'm a little $5-10 buy-in player. I've read this board for about a year now. Sunday, I finished 3rd place in the Stars $5.50 9:00AM tournament for a $360 prize. Now, I know that's nothing to most of you, but for a recreational player like me, it was just awesome. I want to give credit to TPFAP for getting me where I could make the money in these crazy events and HOH for getting me over the hump, at least this time. Sklansky and Harrington already got money out of me, though, so I'd like to thank (without money unfortunately) the following posters specifically for their insights:

eMarkm
MLG
fnurt
cferejohn
jennicide
lorinda
fnord too
CardSharpCook

Hopefully someday I'll actually know enough to post something on here that helps someone else.

Thanks a lot, guys.

jennicide
03-17-2005, 11:47 AM
Congrats on your finish..it's definitely a nice start! Thanks for giving me some credit to your recent finish..I'm glad some of my opinions and posts have helped! Good luck in your future tournaments.

Shorty35
03-17-2005, 12:01 PM
Congrats. And never be bashful about a final table or a top three finish, even at small stakes. Look at it this way -- you can now bump your tourney buy in to $10 and you will be on a freeroll for the next 30+ tourneys. If you are a regular reader of these boards I'm willing to bet that you make another final table over those 30.

Again, good job.

HeroInBlack
03-17-2005, 12:34 PM
Funny thing, I played the $5.50 Tuesday night and finished 7th. Thanks again.