PDA

View Full Version : noob success (for now)

papa_georgio
03-14-2005, 02:05 PM
a few days ago i made my first $50 deposit into party poker, and from just playing the $5 SnGs I'm now up to over $250. with all of the depressing bad beat stories that i've read on the site, i thought this might be a good post. it wasn't all me though, i had a little help from Small Stakes Hold'em. most of the hands were pretty tame, but if i have any really scary showdowns ill post them.

ZebraAss
03-14-2005, 02:27 PM
Way to go man keep it up! I always enjoy hearing about everyones success.

PS: Move up to the 10/1 and stay there.

PPS: move up now.

papa_georgio
03-14-2005, 02:36 PM
is 250 enough to move up?

pooh74
03-14-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a few days ago i made my first $50 deposit into party poker, and from just playing the $5 SnGs I'm now up to over $250. with all of the depressing bad beat stories that i've read on the site, i thought this might be a good post. it wasn't all me though, i had a little help from Small Stakes Hold'em. most of the hands were pretty tame, but if i have any really scary showdowns ill post them.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes...but fall back down to the 5s if you go on a bad run (make a stop loss point for yourself...say $100)

spentrent
03-14-2005, 02:55 PM
Listen to the man papa... $100 is great stop-loss point.

barry111
03-14-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The reason we/they say this is because even if you are beating the game you will not beat the vig. 20% is too much juice to overcome and the competion is virtuially the same bewteen the 5 & 10 dollar levels. The other option is to play the 5 + .50 at Stars. 50% less vig /images/graemlins/grin.gif

flipflop1970
03-14-2005, 03:46 PM
I would take out that money and start doing bonus chasing to get a bigger bank roll.

only play groups one and two until you clear raked hands.

spentrent
03-14-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The reason we/they say this is because even if you are beating the game you will not beat the vig. 20% is too much juice to overcome and the competion is virtuially the same bewteen the 5 & 10 dollar levels. The other option is to play the 5 + .50 at Stars. 50% less vig /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Great advice. But keep in mind that the Stars game has a different structure: almost double the starting stack and slower level jumps.

Don't play a vanilla 2+2 low buy-in Party strategy. Yeah, the players are just as bad, but you can take more low-risk/high-reward shots at the fish in the early levels.

The important thing is to remember to check your Stars game at the door when you come back to play Party $10+1.

YourFoxyGrandma
03-14-2005, 07:00 PM
Winning $200 at the $5 tables in a few days is quite an accomplishment.

papa_georgio
03-14-2005, 07:12 PM
that's why i said "for now" in the title. i had a pretty good run of cards and placed in the money most of the time.

Eder
03-14-2005, 07:37 PM
I played the $5 SnGs at Pstars till I turned $1000 profit...had good runs followed by several bad runs ...took about 3 months ROI was `45%....I moved up after to $10 SnG's and found no difference in the game from $5 and my roi actually went up...mind you I normally only play 1 at a time. Moving up to $20's ROI dropped a bit,normally there are 4-5 decent players in each SnG at this level, but still profitable. Anyway 6 months of SnG's in my spare time I cashed out and paid for 5 weeks of vacation/gambling/debaunchery involving 3 countries and I'm presently playing 10's rebuilding the bankroll.
So if you are here to make $$ move up now...dont be discouraged at 4 or 5 SnG's out of the $$...play tight early,play like a fool late....good luck and might see you out there haha! /images/graemlins/grin.gif