PDA

View Full Version : I Didn't Check Poker Tracker Today.....Am I a Stud?

spydog
03-14-2005, 12:51 PM
OK. I'm a stat freak. I love numbers and I love to study them. Because of my nature, I usually check Poker Tracker every friggin 10 minutes while I'm playing and then look at it more when I'm done with a session. Yeah.....it's slightly overboard.

But, today I chose not to look at Poker Tracker. I played for about 5 hours and couldn't tell you if I was up or down, although I think I was slightly up. I can tell you that I played focused poker for those 5 hours, more so than normally.

Well, that's it. I think I might try and go the entire week without looking at it.

Peter Harris
03-14-2005, 01:07 PM
don't come crying to us when you find you've been leaking money somewhere that PT glaringly shows up!

Seriously though, in a way this is good; focusing on the game and not the numbers, but to totally ignore them impoverishes yourself as much as totally focusing on them. The reason you have a database is to improve your game; use it correctly, not at the two extremes!

Regards,
Pete Harris

toots
03-14-2005, 01:52 PM
I actually quit keeping stats in PT for about a half a year. Why? Because I was being such a stats freak, obsessing over short-term PT stats that I felt that it was hurting my game.

In those six months, I managed to quadruple my online bankroll (which wasn't really saying much, were I to give you actual figures), so I at least have some reinforcement that the game I played in that time wasn't too horrible.

And yes, as soon as I quit keeping PT stats, my "losing streak" stopped. I have since rejoined the PT world, but with a lot more sane view of its short-term meaninglessness.

TStoneMBD
03-14-2005, 01:56 PM
im the same way. pokertracker is a godsend btw. if there was no pokertracker, i wouldnt even bother playing online and would just play live. pokertracker is a major reason for my recent move to online play, because i believe that it is my next step to developing as a player. after i reach enough hands i will be able to determine where my leaks are, and i will pwn.

AncientPC
03-14-2005, 07:00 PM
I play a lot better when I'm not checking my daily net every 5 minutes. Sometimes this was done through PT, other times through the poker site's software.

spydog
03-16-2005, 12:26 PM
I haven't checked PT for 3 days now. I've gone thru some good/bad swings but my attitude has been much more stable than ever. Also, I think I'm playing better poker. I plan to check it at the end of the week. I hope I'm winning.