PDA

View Full Version : Computer tech needed please, thank you....

pokerguy8888
03-14-2005, 11:52 AM
My DVD/CD Rom just broke in my Laptop. Compaq is sending me a new one today, how hard is it to take the old cd rom out and put a new one in? Do I just have to unscrew the bottom of the laptop and slide the old one out/new one in? Thanks in advance I really appreciate it!!!

pokerguy8888
03-14-2005, 12:08 PM
bump

Adde
03-14-2005, 12:23 PM
Try searching the HP website for tech docs for your laptop model. Earlier years I recall they had quite extensive instruction manuals for things like this. Might have changed though.

Adde

pokerguy8888
03-14-2005, 01:35 PM
thx buddy but ive looked everywhere and cant find it /images/graemlins/frown.gif O well I can live without a cd rom drive lol /images/graemlins/smile.gif Any more help would be appreciated

boedeker
03-14-2005, 01:58 PM
im pretty sure these badboys just slide right out.

SamJack
03-14-2005, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My DVD/CD Rom just broke in my Laptop. Compaq is sending me a new one today, how hard is it to take the old cd rom out and put a new one in? Do I just have to unscrew the bottom of the laptop and slide the old one out/new one in? Thanks in advance I really appreciate it!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends how old your machine is.

The newer cases for most manufacturer's make it very easy to slide things in and out and swap out devices.

The older ones, you may have to unplugged the connector from the back of the old device. Remove some support screws from the bracket and do the reverse. Worse yet, certain devices may be @ a hard to get spot and you may have to remove the entire bracket etc.

Just open up the case and you should be able to tell.

All in all, even in the worst case it should be quite mangeable if you are even slightly mechanically inclined.

SamJack

wonderwes
03-14-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
im pretty sure these badboys just slide right out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any good laptop (new) should do this.