PDA

View Full Version : What to do here?

09-30-2002, 04:05 PM
I had this hand heads up vs a very weaktite player. I say this because I have never seen such weaktite plays as this player does. Two previous examples are w/just calling w/top two pair and another w/top and bottom pair (one of them against me). So believing that I learned my lesson I played the following hand like this:

.25/.5 Blinds PL holdem two new players who post .50 blinds in middle possition, UTG(Weaktite) player calls .50, next player folds, I am next w/QQ and make a pot sized raise to $3.25, all fold except Weaktite player who calls $2.75. Pot=$8.25 Flop comes Ad Js 5c, He checks I make a bout a bet of $5 (Maybe this is too little Im seeing if weakie has an ace), he calls. Uh oh Im thinking AK-AT. Ive seen him play thes kind of hands like this. Turn card is 8d for a board of Ad Js 5c 8d. Pot total $18.25. He checks I reluctantly check and river is 4d Board now Ad Js 5c 8d 4d. He bets .50 on river and I call(Hes done this before too w/top pair) I call the 50 cents. And he turns over Jd 3d for the flush! Knowing this players betting habits how would some of you handled this?

Thanx in advance, JP

TAFKAn
09-30-2002, 05:24 PM
Knowing this players betting habits how would some of you handled this?

I would re-evaluate my read on his play and move on to the next hand.

09-30-2002, 06:16 PM
That's just what I did. Just wanted some opinions on it.

Thanx

Guy McSucker
10-01-2002, 04:37 AM
When you think about it, just calling with two pair is certainly an example of weak play, but not necessarily tight play: even loose players get good cards and hit two pair sometimes!

The mistake you made was assuming his call meant he had something solid, when in fact it just meant he had something he liked. In my experience a player like this is going to call any further bets anyway - he improved on 4th street!!! - so you probably ended up losing the minimum.

Guy.