PDA

View Full Version : guess the hands

@bsolute_luck
03-14-2005, 10:49 AM
Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 2 cards.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6.20 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (10.20 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 10.20 BB

If you could try and guess Hero, BB, and MP1, that'd be great. then i'll give you results and hands and ask for critique. Thanks.

Messy Harry
03-14-2005, 11:15 AM
I think all of you have pocket Aces, but I technically suffer from Monsters Under The Bed-Itis /images/graemlins/grin.gif

btspider
03-14-2005, 11:34 AM
there is no hand that you could hold that would make me like your pf/flop/turn play.

everyone has a pretty wide range of hands here. MP might have a slowplayed JT or the most transparent would be A7s. BB could have anything from Ax to two pair. you could JTs, sets, or flopped two pairs.

Chadt74
03-14-2005, 11:38 AM
Hero = AK or AQ (you'd have folded TT or JJ by turn IMHO and Set of A/K/Q you'd have raised)
BB = Lead out after calling raise with AKQ on the board smells of JT (or an idiot with A T/rag)
MP1 - comes alive on the 7, so either A7 or 77

Unless someone slow played a set (preflop and post) that is what I see. Interested to see results.

jskills
03-14-2005, 12:05 PM
You AK, AA, KK, or QQ.
BB AQ or KQ.
MP A7.

@bsolute_luck
03-14-2005, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
there is no hand that you could hold that would make me like your pf/flop/turn play.

everyone has a pretty wide range of hands here. MP might have a slowplayed JT or the most transparent would be A7s. BB could have anything from Ax to two pair. you could JTs, sets, or flopped two pairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was afraid you'd say that.

Results:

<font color="white">Hero: QQ [ 3 of a kind ]
MP1: Jc Tc [straight]
BB: As 8h [pair of Aces]

MHING.</font>

I checked the flop because the table was folding to nothing and i wanted to get paid for my Qs and no one was slowplaying AA-TT so far, so i believed my set was best at that point.

I should have bet the turn. for some reason, i completely ignored the chance at a straight or someone would get one on the river.

Anyway, i lost and my night continued downhill from here. none of my draws came and any set was trumped by a full house on the river.

bottomset
03-14-2005, 12:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, you, MP1, and BB all misplayed this one .. that river cap makes no sense(well neither does the flop or turn play)

@bsolute_luck
03-14-2005, 12:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, you, MP1, and BB all misplayed this one .. that river cap makes no sense(well neither does the flop or turn play)

[/ QUOTE ]

if a comment like this is going to be made (whether right or wrong) at least put down suggestions on how to play it "correctly" other than just blasting me for playing it wrong. anyone can do that.

Edit: i don't see how there is anyway to know the straight was out there. with no flush, why not cap? only AA,KK, JT beat me, while so many hands people believed that they'd have won with would be betting the whole way.

KaiShin
03-14-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if a comment like this is going to be made (whether right or wrong) at least put down suggestions on how to play it "correctly" other than just blasting me for playing it wrong. anyone can do that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Raise the flop.
Raise the turn.
Call the river.

Edit: It is likely that when you raised the turn, it would have been played back at you indicating a possible straight. Capping the turn is OK, but when you don't fill up on the river, its time to show it down.

bottomset
03-14-2005, 12:56 PM
at the very least you need to raise the turn, and not cap the river .. I'd raise up the flop here though

BB def. shouldn't have called the river 3bet, leading into the PFR on a board like that is also almost always wrong

MP1 needed to raise earlier as well

@bsolute_luck
03-14-2005, 01:00 PM
thank you for these 2 helpful comments. it's players like BB that i'm happy about because they took such a weak hand so far. it is MP1 that has got me frustrated though i guess i should be happy because he didn't take me for more money.

i guess either way i'm taking this hand to the showdown and losing pretty much eh?

DoctorDrew
03-14-2005, 01:04 PM
I don't care for your play, but I don't like slowplaying anything other than a monster as a rule. I would want to protect this hand. (Sorry I read your results).

My major point is: I love BB. He keeps betting his pair of aces/crappy kicker. When it comes back to him for 2 bets on the river when a blank falls, after two sleepers have awakened, he calls. Another bet he calls. Did he think someone hit their pair of sevens? Is he on your buddy list?

adsman
03-14-2005, 01:06 PM
You were very lucky on this hand that the player with JT misplayed it so badly. That pot could have easily been double the size. Plus he gave you the chance to draw out on him cheaply. Saying that, your play was terrible as well. Raise the flop and turn.

@bsolute_luck
03-14-2005, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 2 cards.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, BB calls (he calls later in the hand so i'll assume he calls here), <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font> ????, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 calls</font>, BB calls.

the rest of the hand might play different, so just go with me here and i'll put in how i'd play out this hand from here....

Turn: (10.20 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks,<font color="#CC3333"> MP1 bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>??, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, BB folds (we'll just assume he wises up), Hero calls ???.

River: (17.20 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks ??, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20.20 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

okay so lets replay this hand because i think i go too far with hands like this. i want to try and find if there is a point in this hand i fold. see changes above.

davelin
03-14-2005, 01:37 PM
I'm leading the turn and probably just calling a raise.

DoctorDrew
03-14-2005, 01:40 PM
You raised pf, you raised the flop.

If you check a blank, I smell check-raise (if I am MP1) so if I bet I am asking you to CR me (really strong made hand). So, conversely I lead this turn and call a raise. The river would be check/call (too big a pot).

DoctorDrew
03-14-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WooHoo! I agree with davelin--maybe I am learning something!

bottomset
03-14-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif can't possibly make someone a better hand, period, so its the same situation as the flop except you only have 1card to come, if you are drawing(and somewhere between 1 and 10outs)

if you get raised again on the turn, after capping the flop, the range of hands you are generally against(typical opponent) is starting to shrink up, AA and KK aren't likely .. but AK, AQ, and JT start to enter the picture .. you have the AK, AQ in great shape, JT has you in bad shape

call the turn raise
you aren't folding this hand on the turn ... and will see a showdown here as well