PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to bet???

03-04-2002, 10:44 PM
I will bet just about anything this whole Grbac retirement is the biggest farce around. Let's see you have been fairly mediocre all your life, never won a big game...yet you will retire with an offer to play for $3 million a year? Are you f***ing nuts??? "Don't want to move my family..." what kind of a joke is this? Gee I get paid millions but I can't be away from my family for a few days a week. These guys are idiots, this reminds me so much of Griffey Jr and his gripes about how his son couldn't play little league in the Seattle winter. Maybe someone should tell them to stop insulting the people's intelligence and just say "I am quitting until someone pays me what I want". Considering some of the guys that started last year at QB out there, guys like Kitna, Dilfer, Detmer...Grbac has to be a hot commodity. With his $3.5 million he can fly home first class 5 days a week from Cincy to Baltimore and still have plenty of change leftover for the 7 month off-season.

03-05-2002, 01:39 AM
Hard to say what goes through the minds of any of these guys... I thought for sure he'd be back, but I think his ego took a huge hit this year in Baltimore.. Wouldn't it be ironic if he ended up in the booth, and had to travel all over the place??

03-05-2002, 01:43 PM
I could certainly understand his retiring. He already has a gazillion dollars in the bank and is pretty much ridiculed by everyone he works with. Why deal with that crap when you're set for life and you know there's no way you'll ever be an integral part of a super bowl team?

BTW - Dilfer is in a different class of QB than Grbac, Kitna and Detmer.

03-05-2002, 11:24 PM
There isn't a pro quarterback alive as bad as Ty Detmer, his brother is twice the QB he is. I still can't believe a guy like that could be in the NFL and make good money all these years with no talent to back it up.