PDA

View Full Version : (TECH) Poker sounds and Music on different speakers?

Adde
03-14-2005, 10:07 AM
I'm an audio rookie, don't know if this is possible at all, but I would like a setting where standard computer sounds (warning beeps, poker client sounds, etc) are directed to one set of speakers (a pair of cheap computer speakers), and music (Winamp/etc) directed to another set of speakers (a couple of more expensive ones).

Is this possible to accomplish?

Adde

otctrader
03-14-2005, 10:23 AM
Not too difficult, but it will require that you install a second sound card; if you don't want to take apart your machine there may be someone who sells a USB card - then just set your Winamp prefs to send output to the appropriate card.

I run everything through the same speakers, but just modified the Partypoker/skin soundsets and toned down the volume drastically, otherwise if my music is blasting, the "late to act" shreiks would wake anyone up within 10 miles.

Adde
03-14-2005, 12:19 PM
Sweet, that doesn't sound too difficult. Thanks!

Should I go for an expensive sound card, or is it the speakers that are the more important variable?

Adde

iluzion
03-14-2005, 12:28 PM
expensive sound cards are overrated if all you want to do is play music for your own entertainment through it. im a computer and music nerd and use onboard sound because i see no need for more, buy had i needed to buy a sound card, i woulda bought a fairly nice one, nothing expensive though.. speakers are far more important.