PDA

View Full Version : Possibly got trapped with TPWK, advice please

ejess
03-14-2005, 08:57 AM
This is an annoying hand from early in yesterday's Stars 350k, it left me crippled and I never recovered from it.

I have no hand history available unfortunatly (I'm at my "real" job dwelling over a hand as usual). Comments are much appreciated.

I had been card-dead for many orbits, stole a pot or two when I had the chance but generally just sat there quiet in my corner while looking down at various low offsuit combinations. The table was tight from the start and is very much in steal-mode at this point.

Blinds are 50/100, I have roughly 2.9k in my stack, folded to me in MP, I look down at J/images/graemlins/diamond.gifT/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I make it 400 to go, folded to BB who calls. BB has me covered by about 1k. He had done nothing out of the ordinary so the only thing I can tell you about him is that he had been playing just as tight as the rest of the table.

(Pot 850) Flop comes 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
BB checks. I bet 600, BB calls.

(Pot 2050) Turn comes 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
BB checks. I bet 1000, BB calls (hrmph).

(Pot 4050) River comes 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
BB bets out 1000 (> my stack). I hate it but I fold.

Ok, so 5050 in the pot and I have TPWK. It smelt so much like BB trapped me with a set or possibly an OESD that went in on the river that I didn't believe there was any chance I had him beat at this point. Had there been an obvious draw out there that I could see BB on and that missed then I would have considered calling, but at this point I just dont see what he could have that I could beat.

So... any ideas how I could play this and lose less money? Does anybody think I should have called the river bet?

ejess
03-14-2005, 01:15 PM
Sir bump-a-lot likes 'em round and he can not lie.

Simplistic
03-14-2005, 01:38 PM
i fold here. but it depends on the player he is.