PDA

View Full Version : Help me lose weight.

partygirluk
03-14-2005, 05:02 AM
Yesterday I stepped onto the scales for the first time in a few months. I had been putting it off, as I knew I had put on some timber. However, I was sickened to find that I now weigh 16 stone (224 pounds).

So I am setting myself a target: to lose 14 pounds in 10 weeks. This is where you come in handy. I will weigh myself in 10 weeks time. For every pound I weigh over 210, anyone who has replied to this thread will get £1, or the equivalent in US$. So if I don't lose anything, you get £14 ($27), and if I gain weight it is even more. If I am 210 or less, no one is owed anything.

I'll probably post updates every now and then.

nothumb
03-14-2005, 05:05 AM
10# in 10 weeks is super easy dude. If you don't do that you should pay me like a gazillion bucks.

NT

jimdmcevoy
03-14-2005, 05:05 AM
ok

InchoateHand
03-14-2005, 05:06 AM
Don't start ambitiously, start slowly. Seriously, its not just 'cause I want your money. If you start with a realistic intake, and with added moderate exercise, it will be much easier to quickly develop a routine than if you go super gung-ho and burn out after three days.

Give yourself thirty minutes to jog-walk today, whichever you feel better doing. Do the same tomorrow. And the next day. Up your caffiene slightly.

pshreck
03-14-2005, 05:10 AM
10 pounds in 10 weeks? Literally, eliminate a single kind of junk food from your diet, and you will do this with no exercise or serious effort.

If you drink a lot of soda, stop doing so, and dont replace with another sugar drink. Assuming you arent too tall, 224 is pretty obese, and dropping 10 pounds would almost certainly occur in 2 weeks time if you started exercising and changed to a 'correct diet'.

Do you have some special motivation for making the time period so wide? First time you are trying this?

partygirluk
03-14-2005, 05:12 AM
10 pounds in 2 weeks? Are you joking?

pshreck
03-14-2005, 05:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in the slightest. For an obese person who is willing to institute running 4 days a week immediately, and a strict, healthier diet, 10 pounds would come off in under 2 weeks. Mind you I am saying for obese people. This would not happen for a 5'8 guy trying to go from 175 to 165.

I am sure a few ooters would back me up on this.

partygirluk
03-14-2005, 05:15 AM
i am seriously unfit, have not exercised properly for ages. Running 4 times a week would be really bad for me.

kipin
$19 sounds fine with me.

InchoateHand
An initial sharp decrease and then it slows RIGHT the [censored] down. Then you build some more muscle mass, slowly notch up your metabolism and have gradual weight loss for the next six months if you keep up your routine. It really depends on his current shape, but if someone is "obese," they shouldn't have a problem doing a big initial hit.

Dead
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No he's not. I've dropped 10 pounds in 2 weeks before, and I weighed a lot less than 224 when I started. 10 pounds in 2 weeks can be done with exercise every day and sticking to say 1200 calories a day.

partygirluk
03-14-2005, 05:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No he's not. I've dropped 10 pounds in 2 weeks before, and I weighed a lot less than 224 when I started. 10 pounds in 2 weeks can be done with exercise every day and sticking to say 1200 calories a day.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did you do it?

SuitedSixes
03-14-2005, 05:17 AM
I like money, but if you do the Atkins diet you'll lose 12-20 pounds in the first two weeks.

Dead
03-14-2005, 05:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How did you do it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I actually did it over the course of about two months.. When I started the diet in the first week of May, I weighed 185. When I finished at the end of June, I weighed 146. So that's forty pounds in about 7 and a half weeks.

I ate about 650-700 calories a day and exercised for about half an hour a day. I actually ate the same thing EVERY single day as well, for simplicity's sake.

FYI I'm 5'9".

InchoateHand
03-14-2005, 05:18 AM
Thats why you walk. And light jogging. Just steady movement for thirty minutes. Shuffle a little faster, get out of breath, resume walking, catch breath, shuffle again. Start with that, thirty minutes a day, 5 days a week. Next week do the same walk/shuffle/jog for forty minutes. Increase the time before you increase the intensity, and you'll catch up with yourself. After about a month, you should be able to shuffle/jog for at least the first thirty minutes. First couple days you do it, take some NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug---ie, Advil, Naproxene, etc.) prophylactically.

pshreck
03-14-2005, 05:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i am seriously unfit, have not exercised properly for ages. Running 4 times a week would be really bad for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. Start off with ridiculously low milage runs. You dont need to be embarrased because no one knows how short you run, and you also dont seem like the type who would care.

Literally start off with 1/4 mile runs. Try to get to 1/2 mile within a few runs, then a mile.

I did a system similar to this, starting with 1 mile (awfully low compared to what I had to do in highschool). At about 6 weeks time, I was doing 4 mile runs, 3 or 4 days a week. 16 miles of running per week for someone who is a overweight = shedding pounds like crazy.

I really think you should try this.

partygirluk
03-14-2005, 05:20 AM
650-700 calories a day sounds very unhealthy.

Alexthegreat
03-14-2005, 05:21 AM
Are you a girl??

If you are that many pounds, it will be super easy to lose it....If you are a guy and are like, 6'0, it's harder t lose the weight...

But if you are a girl.......you can probably lose 40-50 in 10 weeks with excercise and good eating

Dead
It's really not. My dad is a doc and he said it was fine.

People who say that the starvation diet is unhealthy really don't know what they're talking about. Unless you have serious medical problems then it's really not a bad diet.

It's not fun but it works.

felson
I'm only doing this because I care about your health. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

pshreck
03-14-2005, 05:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
650-700 calories a day sounds very unhealthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is, and its unneccesary. You can still lose weight like a madman eating 3 small meals a day, also mixing in fruit and diet sodas and tea, etc...

Vince Young
03-14-2005, 05:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ok

[/ QUOTE ]

Dead
03-14-2005, 05:23 AM
Tell me why it is unhealthy pshreck.

I did it for 2 months and suffered no adverse health effects.

I really think that a lot of dieters would benefit from doing this way.

partygirluk
03-14-2005, 05:23 AM
What were you eating each day?

DougOzzzz
03-14-2005, 05:24 AM
No way you can lose 10 pounds in 10 weeks! Might as well give me my money now...

pshreck
03-14-2005, 05:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Tell me why it is unhealthy pshreck.

I did it for 2 months and suffered no adverse health effects.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont feel like arguing the obvious. Do an internet search on this stuff, and look for any dietician or anyone reccomending dieting at this calorie intake.

As to why it makes no sense, MOST (not all I suppose) people cant efficiently exercise on a caloric intake this low. Your workouts will be lower, you will burn out quicker. It doesnt make a lot of sense to diet this way, and thats probably the reason no legitimate dieticians /nutritional people ever recommend it.

Dead
03-14-2005, 05:26 AM
I'll tell you exactly what I ate every day, for each meal:

Well first the drink: I drank about 6 8oz cups of water each day, along with 2 or 3 glasses of Crystal Lite iced tea(5 calories in each glass).

Breakfast:

Bowl of All-Bran(50 calories) with Skim milk(50 calories)=100 calories total

Lunch:

Four pieces of lite bread(160 calories)
6 slices of veggie bologna(120 calories) I forgot the company that makes it but you can find it in the supermarket
Mustard(0 calories)

Dinner:

two Morningstar Farm regular size veggie burgers(100 calories each, so 200 total)
Mustard

Around 9pm I had a snack:

One snack-size bag of Popcorn(~120 calories IIRC)

So about 700 calories total.

partygirluk
03-14-2005, 05:26 AM
Seeing as the general consensus is that 10lb in 10 weeks is easily achievable, I have upped it to 14lb in 10 weeks. It will go no higher.

InchoateHand
03-14-2005, 05:27 AM
But two quid a pop now, eh?

partygirluk
03-14-2005, 05:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But two quid a pop now, eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

pshreck
03-14-2005, 05:32 AM
What is your height, just for a little perspective. Also, do you have any defined muscle (do you ever work out or play any competitive sports)?

partygirluk
03-14-2005, 05:33 AM
5 foot 9 ish. No muscle.

Dead
03-14-2005, 05:37 AM
If you're 5'9" and 227 then you should really do the diet that I laid out above.

You should ideally be somewhere in the neighborhood of 135-170 pounds. <200 pounds at that height without a lot of muscle mass is very unhealthy.

pshreck
03-14-2005, 05:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you're 5'9" and 227 then you should really do the diet that I laid out above.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense, but I really think its bad advice to give that diet to random people. I competitively wrestled for 6 years, and saw tons of people go through different diets. Yours happened to work for you, but I just dont think its that healthy for most. You can eat 1200 calories a day, run, and still lose weight at a speedy pace.

Daliman
03-14-2005, 05:44 AM
ALWAYS read while you eat.

You will eat slower and likely less.

Dead
03-14-2005, 05:45 AM
No offense taken, but I don't really think it's bad advice.

I've put about 3 or 4 people on it and they've all had phenomenal success with it.

I think part of its success stems from the fact that after having 600 calories a day for a long period of time, eating even as little as 1200 or 1300 calories a day feels like a feast in comparison.
I am just trying to help out partygirl.

-Dead

pshreck
03-14-2005, 05:47 AM
Fair enough.

Im just curious, at what stage in your life did you do this diet? Highschool? College? Post-college?

Dead
03-14-2005, 05:48 AM
It was last summer, after I finished my sophomore year of college. I guess I added on more than the freshman 15 during these two years.

I'm now a junior in college, and have kept the weight off by drinking almost no non-diet beverages. I drink a lot of diet Nestea. Sometimes I drink as many as 6 cans per day. It fills me up.

Reef
03-14-2005, 05:48 AM
I recommend this awesome weight losing product called "Weight Gain 3000". Make sure to load up on that.

jono
03-14-2005, 05:49 AM
eat lots of stuff

Mason Malmuth
03-14-2005, 05:51 AM
Hi Girl:

I really don't need the money but I can't resist a positive EV play. Good luck in losing the weight.

Best wishes,
Mason

InchoateHand
03-14-2005, 05:52 AM
So much more friendly than the man who writes:

"Not nice and not true. I do that sometimes but not now and I can prove it. Firstly because I have not yet laid out my reasons why organized religions are almost certainly wrong. So how have I shown how smart I am? Secondly when I do show off it concerns things where very few others know the truth until I explain it. In this case the majority of the people on this forum agree with me already. Even the not so smart ones. Even you."

pshreck
03-14-2005, 05:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It was last summer, after I finished my sophomore year of college. I guess I added on more than the freshman 15 during these two years.

I'm now a junior in college, and have kept the weight off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is key. I think your diet can be healthy and easy to pull off if you dont have many potential stressors and everyday things to deal with. A college student on their summer break would be a great candidate for this.

When I did a diet similar to yours, I was in highschool, and literally 95% of my time went into my training for my sport, competing, and resting. No stress from money, homework, or anything else really.

When I had a full time job accounting, and tried to do a drastic 750 cal diet, I found it impossible. Competing with the stress of paying my apartment bills, working 45-50 hours a week, and dealing with a deeper general resposibilities from being older, I found it impossible to feel healthy and maintain that diet.

I switched to around 1300 cals a day, actually increased how much I worked out, and was able to balance this with my everyday life.

If I had nothing to worry about for a 2 month period of time, I imagine I could 'trick' myself with diet coke, crystal lite, fruits, lean beef and lettuce, and could work out and consume about 500 cals a day.

However, this just isnt realistic now, and not anytime in the near future for me, or most people for that matter.

captZEEbo1
03-14-2005, 06:01 AM
I want teh $$$!!!1!

But good luck on losing weight anyways! :-D

SCfuji
03-14-2005, 06:12 AM
goodluck. do it in a healthy way, so no starving. exercise and eat good food.

TStoneMBD
03-14-2005, 06:14 AM
would i be disqualified if i created 300 user names and posted meaningless crap on here with each?

partygirluk
03-14-2005, 06:17 AM
No but you would have to wiegh (hah!) that up against the increased motivation it would give me, possibly turning it into a -EV move.

Also, you would have to create 300 Partypoker/Pokerstars/Neteller accounts to get paid.

FishBurger
03-14-2005, 06:19 AM
No fat chicks.

bugstud
03-14-2005, 06:19 AM
you can doooooooooooooooooo it

spamuell
03-14-2005, 06:25 AM
possibly turning it into a -EV move.

Well, the worst situation is 0 EV, no one is paying you anything.

Also, you would have to create 300 Partypoker/Pokerstars/Neteller accounts to get paid.

I intend to collect the cash from a mutual meeting point in North London/Hertfordshire/Middlesex, set by you. No transfer fees for me!

Seriously, good luck with this.

shant
03-14-2005, 06:30 AM
Me and 2 friends made a weight loss bet for $333 each. So $1000 pot to whoever loses the most by May 1. We started about 8 weeks ago.

This should be very easy for you. I've lost 25 pounds in the last 8 weeks. I started eating better meals, drinking more water instead of soda, and increased my exercise from none to some. It shouldn't be to hard to lose the weight if you have the willpower. Good luck.

Tuco
03-14-2005, 06:35 AM
free money!

oh ya. good luck. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tuco.

Stuey
03-14-2005, 06:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask your doctor what he thinks. I went from couch to running 40K per week in 2 months. I didn't ask for permission. And I used to smoke a pack a day. It didn't hurt at all. People die in bed or on the couch not in the gym. You made this post to stop yourself from making excuses. So stop it!!

Here's my tips

Zero booze dis is hard but very important

Exercise 1 hr everyday forever dis is also hard

Eat what you want but force down some fresh fruit and veggies every meal dis is easy and tastes good

Drink 10 glasses of water a day

Do dis and you will be buff very bored and probably go on a binge which is the fun part.

If you fail you can keep my share of the money if you put a picture of your beer belly as your avatar.

BOTW
03-14-2005, 06:38 AM
You need to eliminate/burn somewhere in the neighborhood of 500 calories a day. This should be no problem if you have a little bit of motivation.

Drink lots of water, not soda. Walk or get some other form of exercise--work up to 30 min a day. Plan ahead if you are leaving the house cuz fast foods are out. If you mess up or miss a day of exercise, start again right away. Good luck.

thatpfunk
03-14-2005, 06:39 AM
good luck.

no more soda, only water. eat smart. it becomes much easier if you plan every meal.

once you fall into a routine it will be no problem...

Reef
03-14-2005, 06:41 AM
you're seriously gonna be f#cked (financially speaking) if you gain any weight.

jimdmcevoy
03-14-2005, 06:50 AM
just curious, why'd you name yourself partygirluk if you're a dude?

Reef
03-14-2005, 06:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
just curious, why'd you name yourself partygirluk if you're a dude?

[/ QUOTE ]

something about how he made his poker sn a chick's so that people wouldn't play as hard against him. And the name kinda just stuck.

jimdmcevoy
03-14-2005, 07:00 AM
ah righto, thanks for clearing that up

partygirluk
03-14-2005, 07:04 AM
The last time I weighed anything near this I was 210 5 years ago. That was around the time of my cousin's barmitzvah. We had a nice family photo, and everyone looked so healthy, except I looked awful. I managed to get down to 172, and looked back on that photo with shock.

His sister is getting married on August 28th, and inevitably photos will be taken that will go up around our house. I want to look good from them. I have 24 weeks. I would like to lose 42 pounds in this time. How achievable do you think this is?

pshreck
03-14-2005, 07:06 AM
Very achievable, but your weight loss will get progressively slower (or atleast that is usually how it works). If your goal for the first 10 weeks is 10 pounds (or even 14), I dont see how your goal for the next 14 weeks can be 30 something pounds.

spamuell
03-14-2005, 07:08 AM
I have 24 weeks. I would like to lose 42 pounds in this time. How achievable do you think this is?

This might all be wrong, I read up about this a while ago though and I think that there are 3500 calories in a pound. So to lose 42 pounds in 168 days, you'd have to burn an extra 875 calories/day. If you try really hard, you should be able to do this.

JoshuaD
03-14-2005, 07:14 AM
I bet a hamburger would taste really good about now.

partygirluk
03-14-2005, 07:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I bet a hamburger would taste really good about now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't eat McDonalds/BurgerKing type stuff.

Most of the food I eat is not unhealthy. But I eat far too much, and do far too little exercise.

JoshuaD
03-14-2005, 07:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't eat McDonalds/BurgerKing type stuff.

Most of the food I eat is not unhealthy. But I eat far too much, and do far too little exercise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet a hamburger would taste really good about now. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sheriff Fatman
03-14-2005, 08:27 AM
The aim for any diet (and believe me I'm an expert!) should normally be about 1-2lbs per week. This is generally accepted as a long-term, sustainable weight loss.

However, its likely you'll lose more in the first few weeks of any diets, particularly the first week. Therefore your targets should be achievable with a few sensible adjustments to your diet.

There are many diets which will achieve faster weight loss than this but these tend to not be sustainable in the long-term. They are OK if there is a need to lose weight quickly (e.g. ahead of an operation) but this isn't the case here.

PM me if you want any more information. I'm currently doing a sensible diet that's fairly easy to follow and should allow you to easily hit the targets you've set.

Sheriff

wonderwes
03-14-2005, 08:49 AM
So someone post the horrid facts one can of soda a day does to your body. I want to try to go on a total soda boycott for a few months. All I drink is soda and water, and cutting soda, needs to be done, but damn, its tricky.

I was surprised how much freaking sugar goes in a basic jug of orange juice.

Sephus
03-14-2005, 08:54 AM
ok

FatMan
03-14-2005, 09:07 AM
Since last April I have lost over 70 lbs, so good luck. Here is a tip if you haven't dieted much. Get a small note book and write down everything you eat during the day. At night sit down and figure out how many calories you had and adjust from there. You should shoot for about 1200-1600 calories a day. Also exercise even if it is just walking 30 minutes daily. PM me if you need some motivation.

Rushmore
03-14-2005, 09:08 AM
Good luck, Partygirl.

A couple of quick things:

The exercise part is tough to get going on, especially if it's been a LONG time. Start out slow, either taking a half hour walk, or jogging in place in front of the TV for 5 minutes at a time, 3-4 times a day (this is what worked for me, bad knees and all). I know this doesn't seem like much, but believe me, it will help a LOT. The point is to get your heart rate up, which is great for you. I believe it also does wonders for the metabolism. I noticed a change almost immediately.

As for diet, you have to make rational changes. There's no reason to get crazy here. Just order chicken instead of beef (or veggie products, if you're up to it), lay off white food (potatoes, bread, rice, refined sugar), DON'T DRINK SODA (this is the easiest of all), and obviously don't eat anything fried. Add fresh green vegetables and some fruits.

When it comes to food, you have to dispense with the notion that you "deserve" anything at all. Your nutrition is not a negotiation with yourself. Just eat a reasonable amount of the right kinds of food, period. Don't say, "I've been doing well, so..." Occupy your mind with other things.

And get that little bit of exercise. As you go along, do more and more.

It actually feels good after a while.

AEKDBet
03-14-2005, 09:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's really not. My dad is a doc and he said it was fine.

People who say that the starvation diet is unhealthy really don't know what they're talking about. Unless you have serious medical problems then it's really not a bad diet.

It's not fun but it works.

[/ QUOTE ]

This diet works to make you fatter in the long run. [censored]?

bosoxfan
03-14-2005, 09:42 AM
i got my tonsils out and lost 16 pounds in 8 days.

RunDownHouse
03-14-2005, 09:46 AM
I seriously don't understand why people drink regular soda as opposed to diet. Regular Coke is so sweet and sticky its sickening, and the difference in taste between some regular and diet sodas (root beer and Dr. Pepper, for a couple examples) is so negligible that I don't see why one would choose the extra calories/sugar.

JoshuaD
03-14-2005, 09:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Regular Coke is so sweet and sticky its sickening

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not usually a fan of Coke, but it's amazing with pizza.

AEKDBet
03-14-2005, 09:49 AM
partygirluk, keep it simple. Eat less, move more.

3500 calories = energy in 1 pound of fat.
The rest is a little math and hard work.

AEKDBet
03-14-2005, 09:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I seriously don't understand why people drink regular soda as opposed to diet. Regular Coke is so sweet and sticky its sickening, and the difference in taste between some regular and diet sodas (root beer and Dr. Pepper, for a couple examples) is so negligible that I don't see why one would choose the extra calories/sugar.

[/ QUOTE ]

We are creatures of habit

theBruiser500
03-14-2005, 09:52 AM
When I was hiking on the appalachian trail everyone lost a lot of weight. Since everyone was hiking and carrying a backpack they couldn't take and eat a lot of food or they would have to carry it so they exercised a lot and ate little, I lost about 5 pounds my first week out. I don't understand what the big issue is about dieting, if you want to lose weight just excercise a lot and starve yourself, fast for a couple days or eat one small meal a day for a week you will lose weight fast.

AEKDBet
03-14-2005, 10:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand what the big issue is about dieting, if you want to lose weight just excercise a lot and starve yourself, fast for a couple days or eat one small meal a day for a week you will lose weight fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. However when people say lose weight, they almost always mean lose fat, which gets MUCH more technical to do effectively.

People get obsessed with a number game of "pounds lost" because of scales. The best scale is a mirror.

Stupendous_Man
03-14-2005, 10:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like money, but if you do the Atkins diet you'll lose 12-20 pounds in the first two weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with Sixes on this one. I like money too, but 10# in 10 weeks is very easy (so I doubt I'll actually see any $ from this, which is fine). Following Atkins (or South Beach, from what I've heard), at the end of 10 weeks you could be down around 200#. And that is without exercise! No, I'm not kidding. Does exercise help, of course. I'm just pointing out that with the proper eating habits over the next 10 weeks, you can easily lose the 10#... you do not have to start hitting the gym 5 days a week or running 4 days a week or anything else like that.

I won't get into a long discussion here. If you're serious about losing the weight, wanting to keep it off, and doing it in a healthy way... then check out the Atkins web site. Some good information there.

Now, having said this, I fully expect to get a number of replies about "how can eating a pound of bacon be good for you", "Atkins will cause your cholesterol to sky-rocket", etc. These types of comments come up a lot. If you read the web site and book, you'll clearly see that he does not recommend or suggest that you can eat a pound of bacon (or anything). He also has a chapter devoted to cholesterol that's important to read. Atkins is not a zero/no carb "diet" (a term he doesn't use, as he wants it to be a way of eating, not a short term thing), it's low carb.

Anyway, that's more than I was going to say. Just really wanted to point out that 10# in 10 weeks should be very easy. Best of luck with it!

nef
03-14-2005, 10:11 AM
Good Luck. Most important thing to do is increase activity level. Also doing strength training exercise is helpful because as you add lean body mass you increase your metabolism.

Stop taking second servings at meals.

hutz
03-14-2005, 10:20 AM
Good luck. You've certainly given yourself the proper financial incentive to succeed!

ddollevoet
03-14-2005, 10:26 AM
hmmmm.... Free money....

partygirluk
03-14-2005, 10:42 AM
I will not be doing any diets with a name, e.g. Atkins, South Beach or whatever the latest Hollywood fashion is.

Toro
03-14-2005, 10:45 AM
I already know you are going to be successful because you posted this and have thrown down the gauntlet for yourself by making it public and threw in a little monetary penalty to boot. Brilliant idea, I should do it myself but my willpower bites.

Drink a lot of Green Tea. It really helps boost the metabolism and turns on the fat burners.

MarkL444
03-14-2005, 10:48 AM
i get the feeling that even if you fail at this, youll just lie about it to save yourself all this money.

tbach24
03-14-2005, 10:49 AM
That's a nasty motivational tool, good luck!

Edit- Sugar Free Red Bull! Drink it

namknils
03-14-2005, 10:52 AM
I was wondering why this thread had so many replys. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

junkmail3
03-14-2005, 11:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i get the feeling that even if you fail at this, youll just lie about it to save yourself all this money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I would. Even if you do fail, you'll lose the weight trying to find a way to send everyone the money.

mcb
03-14-2005, 11:16 AM
When I got my wisdom teeth pulled I lost 10 pounds in one week. I was not even close to overweight either seeing as I work out 5 days/week. If you don't eat anything and only drink protien shakes 5 times a day you are sure to lose a great amount of weight, it sucks though.

(I still want the money.)

asofel
03-14-2005, 11:48 AM
good luck man...I used to wrestle and am familiar with quick weightloss plans...but definitely listen to those talking about water, cutting out soda, and exercise. the reading while eating advice is great too.
its going to suck for a while but you'll appreciate feeling good about yourself. i've put on some weight since those wrestling days and i think its about time to drop back down, so i'll join you in this endeavor...

/still want the money

CCass
03-14-2005, 11:51 AM
Cut out the carbs, and you can drop 10lbs in 4 weeks.

Dangergirl
03-14-2005, 12:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is very true, but if you don't work at maintaining this weight, exercise etc. You will balloon up again, and this time most likely bigger then before.

I would still have some carbs in moderation and begin to exercise regularly. Make sure you include weights and cardio. Eat smaller and more frequent meals. Add a protein shake or two a day. After week one it's pretty easy.

SuitedSixes
03-14-2005, 12:47 PM
Everyone should try the Atkins diet for three weeks just to understand the effect of carbohydrates on your mood and body. My first two days were total hell, I was cranky and my head hurt. By the third day I began to feel really good and had no cravings whatsoever. I dropped 22 pound in the first 14 days and felt great, I ended up losing over 35 in 3 months. When I did cheat, I would get an instant almost dizzying buzz and wake up the next day with what felt like a hangover.

I didn't stick with it because of my addiction to Dr. Pepper. When I feel bad, if I have a Dr. Pepper I feel better instantly. If they made a patch for Dr. Pepper, I would have to look into it.

jedi
03-14-2005, 12:53 PM
Eat your veggies and take short walks. Then turn them into longer walks. Then short jogs. Then long jogs. Take your time, there is no overnight solution short of death.

meep_42
03-14-2005, 12:59 PM
Sure.

-d

schwza
03-14-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For every pound I weigh over 210, anyone who has replied to this thread will get £1, or the equivalent in US$

[/ QUOTE ]

this seems like a bad idea. now let me go create 10 more accounts....

J.Brown
03-14-2005, 01:07 PM
I would hate to see you pay, but...............if you need any help with a plan of attack, pm me. cheers and celery sticks. J.Brown

MarkL444
03-14-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he means making 300 accounts would be -EV compared to just 1 account, not -EV overall.

sublime
03-14-2005, 01:23 PM
squat, bench and deadlift.

eat good wholesome food throughout the day ehenver you are hungry.

in 2-3 months you will feel like a new person.

those that are saying you should lose 10-15 lbs over two weeks have no idea what they are talking about.

spamuell
03-14-2005, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he means making 300 accounts would be -EV compared to just 1 account, not -EV overall.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I thought he might mean that, I wanted to be a pedant though.

Also, the use of time could make it -EV if that counts. In that if you have the choice between spending two hours playing poker and making $x or spending 2 hours creating 300 2+2 accounts... but yeah that's also only comparitively -EV.

Stupendous_Man
03-14-2005, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone should try the Atkins diet for three weeks just to understand the effect of carbohydrates on your mood and body. My first two days were total hell

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why a number of people don't stay with it, IMO. The first couple days absolutely suck and the degree depends on how much (and how long) "addiction" your body has to simple carbs. The headache most people experience during the first couple days results from sugar withdrawals. As you point out though, it's amazing how fast your body adapts and how you feel. Within a fairly short time period, your body gets to the point where if you go back to your old eating habits, you feel like [censored]!

M2d
03-14-2005, 01:32 PM
twinkies!!

nah, the most important part about a diet is the users ability to stick to it. get too ambitious and you'll be more likely to quit.
if you drink a lot of soda, cut it down to one can a day and drink water instead. replace one unhealthy snack a day with a healthy one. walk up and down stairs instead of taking the elevator/escalator. start a light excercise program. if need be, start it by walking a mile a day. when you're able, jog a quarter mile then walk the rest. soon, you'll be jogging a couple of miles a few times a week.

Emmitt2222
03-14-2005, 01:34 PM
I like money. Good luck.

colgin
03-14-2005, 01:50 PM
partygirluk,

This kind of leverage, i.e., bad things you have to do if you fail in your goals, is good for losing weight but you still need an overall plan as well. I had been planning on writing some of my own thoughts on losing weight (as I have gone from fatty to skinny myself) in a separate thread. As soon as work slows down for me I will try to do so. In the meanwhile I wanted to wish you all the best of luck.

Take care.

Colgin

NorCalJosh
03-14-2005, 02:00 PM
good lord, how is this not the most popular thread in the forum? i want pictures of the scale both before and after=)

pokerstudAA
03-14-2005, 02:07 PM
Money is good. Sign me up for the $$ bills.

If I were trying to not lose weight I would definately not mix 30 minutes of light weight training in with 30-45 minutes of cardio every single day.

Toro
03-14-2005, 02:19 PM
Eat nothing but Peeps.

jstnrgrs
03-14-2005, 02:29 PM
im in

TMFS9
03-14-2005, 02:30 PM
Also on the starvation plan you lose a crapload of muscle

partygirluk
03-14-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I thought he might mean that, I wanted to be a pedant though.

Also, the use of time could make it -EV if that counts. In that if you have the choice between spending two hours playing poker and making $x or spending 2 hours creating 300 2+2 accounts... but yeah that's also only comparitively -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am an Economist, I include opportunity cost in EV.

bonanz
03-14-2005, 02:32 PM
freeroll

OtisTheMarsupial
03-14-2005, 02:40 PM
My advice:
exercise at least an hour a day, doing both cardio and weight training
eat 500 fewer calories than you're currently eating each day
tell everyone you know that you're trying to lose weight/ get fit and healthy
weigh yourself once a day and only once at the same time each day
check your body fat percentage once a week
keep a journal and/or track your progress with something like DietPower (http://www.dietpower.com)
remember to be realistic, 1-2 pounds per week is good
judge your progress not so much by weight but by body fat and clothing size, particularly when you're at a healthy weight

Good luck and good health!

barry111
03-14-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ok

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cbragado
03-14-2005, 02:52 PM
Hi Party,

I hope this free roll results in neutral expected value. Good luck.

Chester

partygirluk
03-14-2005, 02:55 PM
BTW, to qualify for the money, you must reply to this thread withing 24 hours of the opening post.

Toro
03-14-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BTW, to qualify for the money, you must reply to this thread withing 24 hours of the opening post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh oh. I sense weakness.

Sponger15SB
03-14-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Eat nothing but Peeps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah the peep died, I heard a guy in Washington lost 78lbs in 10 weeks on it.

partygirluk
03-14-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh oh. I sense weakness.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just didn't want people bumping this thread every 5 minutes for the next 70 days. Toro wishes I was weak, but I am strong like a Bull. You want to make a aide bet punk?

spamuell
03-14-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you fail, are we going to get a "BTW, to qualify for the money, you had to enter the code 9323019 in your first reply in this thread, while having photographic evidence that you were simultaneously posting and wearing a pink tutu?"

Toro
03-14-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh oh. I sense weakness.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just didn't want people bumping this thread every 5 minutes for the next 70 days. Toro wishes I was weak, but I am strong like a Bull. You want to make a aide bet punk?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok you're on. Since I need some motivation myself, I'll bet you a pound a pound, I can lose more than you in the alotted time frame. This morning I weighed in at 243. I'll post my results every week right after you post yours or vice-versa, doesn't matter.

Of course this is the honor system, but I've taken worst gambles. Are we on?

partygirluk
03-14-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Of course this is the honor system, but I've taken worst gambles. Are we on?

[/ QUOTE ]

We are on.

And to Spamuell, no there will be no more conditions. And if you want to check that I am not cheating, I live just down the road, so no probs there. Partygirl is not scared.

asb165
03-14-2005, 03:23 PM
Give me free money. I will buy Doritos with it.

Dubra
03-14-2005, 03:25 PM
good luk

Eurotrash
03-14-2005, 03:25 PM
heads up match on the gaming club, I'll take a few £ off your hands. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

(didn't get to read all the replies, hopefully this joke hasn't been beaten into the ground)

nolanfan34
03-14-2005, 03:26 PM
Good luck with your efforts!

J.A.Sucker
03-14-2005, 03:29 PM
Good luck. Or not, I guess.

partygirluk
03-14-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

First honest reply of the thread.

AZK
03-14-2005, 04:03 PM
good luck

IsaacW
03-14-2005, 04:42 PM
Go for it.

partygirluk
03-14-2005, 04:47 PM
I love how people simply post "good luck" which really means "I hope you fail so I can get your money".

DangerGoodson
03-14-2005, 04:51 PM
I want the money, but good luck. Lean Cuisine Pizza is +EV.

bogey
03-14-2005, 04:53 PM
ok

Worrots
03-14-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The last time I weighed anything near this I was 210 5 years ago...I managed to get down to 172

[/ QUOTE ]

210 - 172 = 38

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to lose 42 pounds in this time. How achievable do you think this is?

[/ QUOTE ]

How did you go about losing the weight earlier? Will it work for you again in this time frame?

That said, sounds like you've gone up and down a lot in weight for your height. Talk to your doctor. Get on a good plan that you can stick with and that will allow you to stay in a healthy range for the long run. It would suck to lose the weight and gain it back again. Yo-yoing is -EV healthwise.

Good luck.

Edge34
03-14-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

theghost
03-14-2005, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ok

[/ QUOTE ]

casinogosain
03-14-2005, 05:10 PM
+EV.

-Ash

Blackjack
03-14-2005, 05:13 PM
If you want to beat all of us.. just do what wrestlers do and don't drink that many fluids the night before.

Anyways - go Atkins style. All protein

GoblinMason (Craig)
03-14-2005, 05:14 PM
GL

toman8r
03-14-2005, 05:26 PM
Good luck.

Philuva
03-14-2005, 05:29 PM
Well played.

Ogre
03-14-2005, 05:36 PM
ok

partygirluk
03-14-2005, 05:45 PM
What I have eaten today:

Mid morning had two Muller rice pots @ 450 Kcal
Lunch had Low fat Chicken Fajita wrap & 80g Sushi @ 405 Kcal
1 Grapefrut @ 100 Kcal
1 Mum's (dry) Roast chicken with brown pasta, bit of broccoli and cabbage @ ~ 625 Kcal
1 Glass Tomoto Juice @ 100 Kcal
Lots of water @ 0 Kcal

Total 1675 Kcal

Exercise, about 1 mile in walking. Active throughout day.

Overall, a good day. Don't feel too hungry. If I can keep @ 1675 per day and mix in a bit of exercise, I should get close to 42lbs in 24 weeks.

1 day to the good guy.

Popinjay
03-14-2005, 05:46 PM
free money!

Duke
03-14-2005, 06:04 PM
I really don't need $20 that badly, but I'll take it if it entices you to lose some weight.

I assume that if you fail you'll be PMing everyone for Stars account names or something.

~D

wonderwes
03-14-2005, 06:09 PM
Someone invent an exercise bike with a laptop hooked up to it so you can peddle and bonus whore at the ame time.

Mars357
03-14-2005, 09:57 PM
Good Luck Partygirl... I'm in the same boat....but my boat is riding much lower in the water than yours is... I'm 6'1" and currently weigh 285... This is down from 305 at the begining of Jan..

I've noticed a bunch of people saying cut the soda....does this include all soda or only the sugar filled type?

I've also noticed a lot of "drink green tea" posts around here the past few weeks... Can I just go to the store and buy a box of liption green or celestial seasoning's or is this stuff crap....

mars...

JaBlue
03-14-2005, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ok

[/ QUOTE ]

Dead
03-14-2005, 10:02 PM
If you can stick with that I think you can do 50 pounds in 24 weeks.

Justin A
03-14-2005, 10:37 PM
I'm in.

Richie Rich
03-14-2005, 11:36 PM
...but 14 pounds won't make a noticeable difference (i.e. don't expect more guys to give you a second look, etc.). If you really want to make a change in your life, try to get to 150 lbs. by this time next year.

eggzz
03-14-2005, 11:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you joking? Someone that weighs 224 pounds should lose 3 pounds overnight sleeping. Have you ever weighed yourself before you go to bed, and again when you wake up?

So then, have two cups of coffee for breakfast, eat a small lunch, later in the afternoon and skip dinner, and you should be down 5-6 for the DAY.

Now you only have 4 pounds to go.

Obviously, keeping the weight off is the harder part, but losing ten pounds should be a cakewalk.

pshreck
03-14-2005, 11:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

So then, have two cups of coffee for breakfast, eat a small lunch, later in the afternoon and skip dinner, and you should be down 5-6 for the DAY.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really quite funny. Have you heard of water weight? No one is losing 5-6 real pounds in the day simply from dieting.

akaLogic
03-14-2005, 11:49 PM
Keep track of what you eat in a little notebook. Estimate calories ... even a guess is good enough. Use it as motivation, not punishment when you eat something bad.

FrankLu99
03-14-2005, 11:56 PM
<font color="red">Steak is very tasty!
I love hamburgers. </font>

Donuts, chocolate chip cookies so deliciouso!

http://www.dordognebreaks.com/photogallery/photo5449/Tuna3.jpg
http://www.dordognebreaks.com/photogallery/photo5449/dessert%201_small.jpg YUMMMMMMMMMY YUMMMMY

http://www.tiedhouse.com/menu/foodpics/ribs.jpg

Peca277
03-15-2005, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...but 14 pounds won't make a noticeable difference (i.e. don't expect more guys to give you a second look, etc.).

[/ QUOTE ]

I am quite sure PartygirlUK does not want more guys to give HIM a second look. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

mmbt0ne
03-15-2005, 12:15 AM
Alright, I'll get in on this. I remember hearing that Doyle has lost something like $100k in his lifetime betting on his weight. Hopefully (for you), you're better.

on_thg
03-15-2005, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Someone invent an exercise bike with a laptop hooked up to it so you can peddle and bonus whore at the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone has posted about playing (on a laptop) while walking on a treadmill. I'd do that if I could.

Seriously, though, here's one more vote for just cutting out the sugar and empty starch calories. Eat your veggies, drink water, get a little exercise, and you'll have no problem hitting whatever goal you have.

DCIAce
03-15-2005, 12:39 AM
G'luck on your diet. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

jason_t
03-15-2005, 01:08 AM
Just go be a hooligan at a football game. You'll lose an easy few if you create enough ruckus.

Edit: Good luck. I hope it turns out with the best possible results.

Dan Rutter
03-15-2005, 01:25 AM
Good luck on your diet and exercise plans. Stay focused on your goals.

ozyman
03-15-2005, 01:34 AM
Good luck man, just cut out the soda and drink lots of water.

AEKDBet
03-15-2005, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Total 1675 Kcal
Overall, a good day. Don't feel too hungry. If I can keep @ 1675 per day and mix in a bit of exercise, I should get close to 42lbs in 24 weeks.

1 day to the good guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

You will need to eat more calories to lose more fat. Hunger is not as dramatic on the first day as it will be. Tomorrow try for 2200-2300.

Ianco15
03-15-2005, 02:58 AM
Don't eat many carbs that are bleached wheat (white bread, pasta) or simple carbs (sugar). Make most of your carbs whole wheat (whole wheat bread, brown rice). You can still eat a lot of carbs, just make sure they mostly whole wheat. You can also still eat a lot as long as you eat really clean (low fat, healthy food).

I also recomend the following supplements:
-ZMA: naturally raises testosterone levels at night
-Carnitine: transfers long-chain fatty acids into energy
-CLA: Raises metabolism levels.

gorgeous
03-15-2005, 03:00 AM
LOL. Mad messed up.
With dieting, like poker, discipline is key.

Jamper
03-15-2005, 11:25 AM
I bet this is just some clever ploy to get the bragging rights to the OOT thread with the most replies.

165 in 30 hours --- way to go! -- you just need about 300 more replies &amp; you'll have the title (that matador-thing will be really proud of you /images/graemlins/wink.gif

===

Of course, there's going to have to be an official "weighing committee" right...? Afterall, we're talking in the neighborhood of $5,000+++ if you don't budge an ounce.

Talk about motivation!

&lt;&lt; all of this might have already been said, but I'm not reading 165 replies...&gt;&gt; Good luck -- i'll check back with you after another 100 replies or so

Malignt
03-15-2005, 11:28 AM
Good luck losing weight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jordan
03-15-2005, 11:28 AM
win win, i get money or you lose weight /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Porcupine
03-15-2005, 11:43 AM
I'm in for the possible $10 on the SmileyEH workout thread, so count me in here as well.

Shajen
03-15-2005, 11:52 AM
how did I miss this?

Sign me up. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

car ramrod
03-15-2005, 12:09 PM
good luck to you, but for my benifit I hope you don't lose any.lol

mmbt0ne
03-15-2005, 12:22 PM
Everyone who has posted Jamper and later is not eligible for the prize. You missed the 24 hour cutoff. Go take advantage of smiley instead.

partygirluk
03-15-2005, 12:39 PM
Already had 1000 calories today (16:40). Have major hunger pains for the first time in a long while. This is my first big test. Need to get through to dinner without eating anything (2 hours).

Shajen
03-15-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone who has posted Jamper and later is not eligible for the prize. You missed the 24 hour cutoff. Go take advantage of smiley instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

BOOOOO

Matty
03-15-2005, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Join the military. You'll do it in one week guaranteed.

And as a bonus you will forever have a greater appreciation for junk food and laziness.

UOPokerPlayer
03-15-2005, 02:07 PM
i like money

Toro
03-15-2005, 02:10 PM
Ate about half of what I usually eat yesterday plus did kick boxing that I usually don't do on Monday. Tipped the scales a whole half pound lighter this a.m. Damn, this isn't going to be easy.

Russ McGinley
03-15-2005, 02:16 PM
Great thread for us fatties. I cut out all soda long ago (except for the occasional one if I was at work or something) and drink Crystal Light. But I can't kick the pizza. It calls to me.

bakku
03-15-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ftball0000
03-15-2005, 02:32 PM
Avoid the following foods
high fructose corn syrup
hydroginated oils
soy protein
poly unsaturated fats (vegetable fats)
refined flours
beans
potatoes
cashews
peanuts
dairy (in moderation)
sugar and fake sugars

And you'll be there in no time

-Ftball

jojobinks
03-15-2005, 02:38 PM
i feel the need to respond.

Gallopin Gael
03-15-2005, 07:09 PM
get some veggies to snack on. That helped me with the mid-afternoon munchies.

Best of luck.

AEKDBet
03-15-2005, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Already had 1000 calories today (16:40). Have major hunger pains for the first time in a long while. This is my first big test. Need to get through to dinner without eating anything (2 hours).

[/ QUOTE ]
I said this earlier, but you aren't eating enough. You should AT LEAST be eating 2300 calories / day based on your weight.

partygirluk
03-15-2005, 07:26 PM
I thought 2500 was the breakeven for a guy.

James Boston
03-15-2005, 11:39 PM
ok

AEKDBet
03-16-2005, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought 2500 was the breakeven for a guy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Energy expendature is basically a function of how much muscle mass you have + daily activity.

Here's the Harris-Benedict equation for calculating BMR
Men: BMR = 66 + (13.7 X wt in kg) + (5 X ht in cm) - (6.8 X age in years)

OK this is your BMR (which is how many calories it require you to basically stay alive), to get your actual metabolic rate you multiply by an "activity factor"

Sedentary = BMR X 1.2 (little or no exercise, desk job)
Lightly active = BMR X 1.375 (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk)
Mod. active = BMR X 1.55 (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk)
Very active = BMR X 1.725 (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk)
Extr. active = BMR X 1.9 (hard daily exercise/sports &amp; physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.)

Take the result and try to cut ~10% or 300 calories/ day from dieting, the rest from exercise. For a quick estimate take your bodyweight and multiply by 12. This would mean you should consume (224*12 = 2688 calories / day)

You will of course be creating an "energy deficit" here, but mark my words - the more calories you cut away from exercise VS simply not eating, the better. Exercise is key. Not eating is NOT a substitue for a workout.

Here's an excerpt on how low to set cals.

Calorie deficit thresholds: How low is too low?

It is well known that cutting calories too much slows down the metabolic rate, decreases thyroid output and causes loss of lean mass, so the question is how much of a deficit do you need? There definitely seems to be a specific cutoff or threshold where further reductions in calories will have detrimental effects. The most common guideline for calorie deficits for fat loss is to reduce your calories by at least 500, but not more than 1000 below your maintenance level. For some, especially lighter people, 1000 calories may be too much of a deficit. The American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) recommends that calorie levels never drop below 1200 calories per day for women or 1800 per day for men. Even these calorie levels are extremely low. A more individualized way to determine the safe calorie deficit would be to account for one's bodyweight or TDEE. Reducing calories by 15-20% below TDEE is a good place to start. A larger deficit may be necessary in some cases, but the best approach would be to keep the calorie deficit through diet small while increasing activity level.

Niediam
03-17-2005, 05:14 AM
Best of luck! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

AEKDBet
03-17-2005, 05:59 AM
Link - appetite control (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20050315/HATKINS15/TPHealth/)

Jamper
03-17-2005, 07:18 AM
mmbt0ne wrote at 10:15am:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

someone didn't get laid last night...

partygirluk
03-17-2005, 07:25 AM
Just had a chocolate bar. Not good.

tolbiny
03-17-2005, 07:39 AM
i'm in.

Toro
03-17-2005, 09:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just had some Low carb Soup. Not good.

PuertoKid
03-18-2005, 07:07 PM
I'm with you. I have ballooned from 207 to 225 in the last year because I stopped running (used to run 25-40 miles a week). Your post got me thinking about it and I'm going to try to keep up with you and drop 14lbs over the next 10 weeks too.

My technique will be: more fruits and vegetables, less high calorie foods (still going to have a mocha 2-3x a week though). Start running again, but at an easy 3 miles 3x a week and build up a little. 3ki jog/walks may be a good alternative for you. I'll keep u posted too (but not paying anybody anything!).

scotty34
03-18-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ok

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Grisgra
03-18-2005, 07:17 PM
Count me in.

May I suggest: eat less, and exercise. Just cutting out snack food and not smothering stuff in butter/whatever should be enough to make your goal.

FoxwoodsFiend
03-18-2005, 07:20 PM
Sign me up. PM me for neteller or screen name details.

admo415
03-18-2005, 07:21 PM
Keep on eating them burgers

FoxwoodsFiend
03-18-2005, 07:21 PM
Helping somebody win a prop bet= negative E.V. Better advice would include replacing all protein with carbs. Those books know nothing about the weight-reduction power of the twinky.

Stuey
03-18-2005, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude get a hold on yourself! If you are going to cheat on a diet have some extra meat, bread, something that will stick with you. Chocolate bars won't satisfy your hunger they will make it worse!

Seriously I want to see you win this. If you are hungry drink 3 glasses of water. If you are dehydrated you will get hungry before you get thirsty. So you have to use your brain.

gl go run off that choc bar btw 2 hr walking will do it /images/graemlins/smile.gif

nickey009
03-18-2005, 08:43 PM
Considering the number of replies this is going to be like a gazillion dollars.

TomHimself
03-18-2005, 10:07 PM
hold on, so if you are unable to lose the weight, i can get some money?
sign me up /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ricochet420
03-19-2005, 07:21 PM
You can do it man. I'm down 60 in 3 months. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

partygirluk
03-19-2005, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You can do it man. I'm down 60 in 3 months. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to share how you did it?

Ian M.
03-19-2005, 08:30 PM
Like others said, it shouldn't be a problem losing the weight in that span of time...you may not even have to exercise if you cut out all junk food/soda and try to avoid a lot of carbs especially later in the day.

cockandbull
03-19-2005, 08:56 PM
Didn't you make a post asking for advice on purchasing some green the other week. If i were you i'd scrub that idea otherwise it could be expensive.

willie
03-19-2005, 08:58 PM
holy crap count me in

you can lose that amount of weight though, walk/ jog, eat right and drink water.

it really isn't brain surgery- i'm a chubby bastard, but with ambition it could be changed. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

LethalRose
03-20-2005, 01:30 AM
back when i weighted about 300Ibs and was getting serious about weight loss. I stumbled onto this site.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/

it is THE best source for information about losing weight. Many professional body builders post on this site. Read EVERY thread in the losing weight / nutrition section. In order to effectively lose weight you have to understand exactly how your body works and how it reacts to certain foods. from carbs/sugars/fat/etc...

Set up an eating / workout routine and stick to it. you'll be there in no time. It took me about 57 weeks (combined) to go from 300ibs down to 180 (the picture I use was when i was at 182). I would diet for 15 weeks, for 1 week eat somewhat normally (this increases your metabolism) then diet again for 15 weeks, etc...

Kenrick
03-20-2005, 05:38 AM
I'll lay out the basics for anyone who wants to lose weight. Drink water, eat protein, NO SUGAR. Here's Kenrick's one-line diet to the stars: NO SUGAR, eat as much steak as you want. If you don't lose weight, then you cheated on the diet and didn't do what I say. Yeah, yeah, I see you drinking that Mountain Dew and eating that handful of Doritos....

Even mild exercise will certainly help. Grab a jumprope and use it for 15 minutes while watching a Magnum P.I. rerun or whatever. Weights are better. Don't have to kill yourself. Main part is stop eating crap. Stop eating crap and you'll stop feeling like crap.

beta1607
03-20-2005, 07:35 AM
Try the Abs Diet, I know people who have good success with it, and its not unhealthy like the low carbs diets.

splashpot
03-20-2005, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I really don't need the money but I can't resist a positive EV play. Good luck in losing the weight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same goes for me. Except the part about needing the money. Goodluck with this.

Edit: Didn't see the 24 hour restriction. I guess I don't qualify. Goodluck anyways.

Alex/Mugaaz
03-20-2005, 01:32 PM
Obese people can lose 10 pounds in 30mins in water weight from running once. Most lose an absurd amount in the first couple days, especially if they have been completely sedentary their whole life.

The great thing about being a fat lug is doing anything results in a huge improvement.

After your body get past the "What the hell is he doing" phase results above 2 pounds a week mean the person is losing cosiderable lean body mass. Most people who haven't exercised before never care about this. Which sucks for them becuase the reason they will still look bad after hitting their ideal weight is becuase of it.

If you want to know everything about fat loss that you'll ever need to know I recommend "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle" by Tom Venuto. You can order it from his website off www.fitren.com (http://www.fitren.com) (Click on Burn the fat, if you want to see examples of the info there is plenty in the Ask Tom, Q&amp;A, and Newsletter section)

If it was a poker book it would be the equivalent of SSHE.

cockandbull
04-04-2005, 11:16 AM
Just wondering how your getting on?

partygirluk
04-04-2005, 11:57 AM
I was not sure how often to post updates. Was thinking that keeping completely quiet until Judgement Day might be fun.......

asb165
04-04-2005, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Even mild exercise will certainly help. Grab a jumprope and use it for 15 minutes while watching a Magnum P.I. rerun or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jumping rope for 15 minutes is way past mild exercise. I'm in decent shape, and jumping rope for 5 minutes gets my heart rate way up.

Dead
04-14-2005, 10:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was not sure how often to post updates. Was thinking that keeping completely quiet until Judgement Day might be fun.......

[/ QUOTE ]

You are probably just going to say that you met your goal, because you don't want to pay out 2 grand.

InchoateHand
04-14-2005, 10:31 PM
I'm pretty sure a fat guy can't get her.

http://nude.maxcelebrities.com/jessica_biel/sexy_JessicaBiel_SummerCatch_hc4.jpg

Does that help?

mason55
04-14-2005, 10:41 PM
WTF you just posted that in my thread.

Jessica, that's it, we're through! I though we had something special! [censored] YOU BITCH!!!

partygirluk
04-14-2005, 10:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are probably just going to say that you met your goal, because you don't want to pay out 2 grand.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW I have invited Spamuell over on the big day for verification.

Sceptic.

Dead
04-14-2005, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW I have invited Spamuell over on the big day for verification.

Sceptic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good.
That's fine.

It's a win-win for us.

If you don't succeed, then we pocket some cash.

If you do succeed, then you stop being fat.

stankybank
04-14-2005, 11:00 PM
losing 14lbs in 10 weeks = challenge?

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Dead
04-14-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not much of one at all. Losing 6% of your body weight in 10 weeks is not that hard. I lost 22% of my body weight in 7 weeks.

apd138
04-14-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] You have obviously never tried to lose weight.

Yobz
04-14-2005, 11:53 PM
I want $$! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

chabibi
04-14-2005, 11:59 PM
i just want the cash

"spaceman"Bryce
04-15-2005, 12:03 AM
I will play

ChrisGSmyth
04-15-2005, 02:13 PM
How's it coming along?

Skipbidder
04-15-2005, 09:41 PM
Good luck.

I've lost 25 pounds this year so far. My diet plan is stopping fast food and no longer drinking alone. My downfall is now pizza, which I've so far talk myself into thinking doesn't count as fast food...even if I order it for delivery to my house.

My exercise plan is walking to work (only 15 minutes or so) and taking the stairs a lot.

adanthar
04-15-2005, 11:08 PM
Free $27? SWEET.

purnell
04-15-2005, 11:17 PM
Seriously. Works for me. Flaxseeds are nice.

Mr_Gordon
04-15-2005, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ok

[/ QUOTE ]

Redmen62
04-18-2005, 03:25 PM
Thought I'd use this thread to share a program I discovered on the site that a previous poster mentioned, the bodybuilding.com forums. The program is called Fitness assistant, and by all appearances it is the pokertracker of weight loss/fitness goals. I've only just downloaded it and started playing around with it, but I'd say it is definitely worth a look for anyone who needs some assistance managing caloric intake/exercise level.

As a quick example of what it can do, I've entered my height and weight, goal h/w, and my first meal of the day (selected from their database), and it tells me what my overall calorie balance is for the day, and what range I should end up in to get to the goal weight.

Link: Fitness Assistant download (http://www.x3msoftware.com/download...ssistant100.exe)

Edited to add: Looks like it's a 15-day free trial before they lower the boom- $49.95. I'm going to see how the 15 days go, but if my pokertracker comparison is at all accurate, I may buy the thing.

partygirluk
05-23-2005, 10:25 AM
Just weighed in. The scales kept flickering between 14.13 and 15.00, so mission accomplished.

However, my initial 16.00 was last thing at night, and this was first thing at morning, when I was very dehydrated so I have only lost 8-9 pounds of blubber and feel the victory is pyrrhic. Still, moving in the right direction and doing exercise (1 hr walks), feel more healthy, still long way to go.

HesseJam
05-23-2005, 10:42 AM
Congrats!

Make these changes permanent.