PDA

View Full Version : The Contender

SuitedSixes
03-14-2005, 02:45 AM
I usually stay away from reality TV, but this show continues to be great. Ishe stepped up. "Baby Face" looked like an ass trying to beat up Sugar Ray, and the scene where they all bought suits was really cool.

Extended clips of the fight and other stuff (like Tommy talking about almost being raped by a gorilla) can be seen at Yahoo! TV.

astroglide
03-14-2005, 02:53 AM
i caught the end of an episode tonight and i enjoyed the fight, i'll probably check out the show

BWebb
03-14-2005, 02:57 AM
Highly recommend the show. I also am not a big fan of reality tv, but I think this show is awesome. I'm glad how this one was set up. The first two eposides were constructed to have someone be the "underdog" and then they won. Not this one, I wasn't sure who would win.

[censored]
03-14-2005, 03:24 AM
(*)&(*^*&^&^&* I can't believe I missed this tonight. &*Y&^^%^R&*^%^&%$%#$%#%$#%$#%$^*&

SuitedSixes
03-14-2005, 03:32 AM
You can, basically, see the whole thing on Yahoo! TV. The fight sequence there is longer and there are some other things that weren't shown. The press conference between the two wasn't shown, but it's on yahoo! I'm going to check it out in a little bit.

[censored]
03-14-2005, 03:36 AM
Awesome thanks

ClaytonN
03-14-2005, 03:37 AM
Didn't one of the contestants off himself?

Jett Rink
03-14-2005, 03:39 AM
I have lost interest in boxing in recent years but this show is simply the best reality show by a mile. Stuff like buying suits was a cool idea and showed what a break in life would truly mean to these guys.

Also, when Babyface lost it was the first time in the three episodes where it didn't break my heart to see the dreams of someone get shattered.

This show is going to have huge word-of-mouth I think.

SuitedSixes
03-14-2005, 04:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, when Babyface lost it was the first time in the three episodes where it didn't break my heart to see the dreams of someone get shattered.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad to see that one of those guys will get a second chance. I'm hoping it will be the old guy, "Reid Dawg," but I doubt it will.

[censored]
03-14-2005, 04:07 AM
The West certainly looks to have things locked up as the East has now lost its three best fighters in the first three weeks.

SuitedSixes
03-14-2005, 04:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The West certainly looks to have things locked up as the East has now lost its three best fighters in the first three weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're going to get one of them back. I just don't know if the one leaving will be East or West.

P.S.
Those guys suck at dodgeball.

wonderwes
03-14-2005, 08:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Didn't one of the contestants off himself?

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct.

B00T
03-14-2005, 10:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
P.S.
Those guys suck at dodgeball.

[/ QUOTE ]

That had to be the gayest game of dodgeball ever. So much for that constructed trash can to bring your teammates back.

Baby Face would rather do a cute little 1-2 step avoiding the balls instead of catching those weak throws and getting some teammates back.

How [censored].

BWebb
03-14-2005, 10:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad to see that one of those guys will get a second chance. I'm hoping it will be the old guy, "Reid Dawg," but I doubt it will.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure who it will be. It showed that they voted the person on, so I figure they would vote Reid since Manfredo is so good. They wouldn't want to face him again.

SuitedSixes
03-14-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure who it will be. It showed that they voted the person on, so I figure they would vote Reid since Manfredo is so good. They wouldn't want to face him again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Potential spoiler in white below:

<font color="white">Someone in one of these threads two weeks ago who said that he knew someone who knew someone who knew Manfredo said that Manfredo got another chance when someone left. So, I'm guessing it is Manfredo. I was hoping for Reid also, but I rewatched the Manfredo episode and he is just as worthy/likeable/needy as "Reid Dawg" and didn't do time for armed robbery. So I hope Manfredo makes the most of the opportunity. He seemed like a very good guy, too. He was devestated after his loss.</font>

Do you think it's interesting that of the first three fights, no one picked someone to fight that they considered the weakest opponent, but always chose the one they considered to be a challlenge?

jack spade23
03-14-2005, 12:27 PM
What was that stopping after every time after a player was hit out? When we played we never stopped, the person just came out. Anyway, the shows awesome and im totally obsessed w/ boxing now, even though i have no equipment/experience.

SuitedSixes
03-14-2005, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Baby Face would rather do a cute little 1-2 step avoiding the balls instead of catching those weak throws and getting some teammates back.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guarantee he didn't pay attention/understand the rules, like the first week when his job was to unlock the Masterlock but neglected the part in the instructions where the combination was given.

Babyface = Not a Team Player

It's great how after his dream was crushed, all he cared about was that his face was still pretty. I would have been pulling for him against Ishe if it hadn't been for that bullsh*t when he was sparring with Sugar Ray.

astroglide
03-14-2005, 02:38 PM
i didn't see any torrents of this when btefnet was up last night. is this available for DOWNLOAD (not streaming) anywhere?

liquidboss
03-14-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i didn't see any torrents of this when btefnet was up last night. is this available for DOWNLOAD (not streaming) anywhere?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing, it's weird that btefnet doesn't have it, they have every other freakin show. I can't find The Contender anywhere for download.

someguy2
03-14-2005, 03:15 PM
it's up at tvtorrents