PDA

View Full Version : A look back on week 4

09-30-2002, 01:27 PM
Well looks like it was a good week for most. I was 3-1 this weekend brining me to 12-4 ytd in the pros

My lock of the week was Cleveland +6 vs Pittsburgh. I think the steelers will be much better off with Tommy madux at QB then Kordel. Im not saying that Maddux is a better Qb but i think he can bring a little stability to the Pittsburgh offense. I also think that cleveland was a little flat in this game, and i may have been wrong obut there offense. they put up some good points against KC and Cincinatti, but it looks like a situation of those teams lack of defense than browns offense. Cleveland didn't win but they did cover which brings my lock of the week picks to 3-1 on the season.

- The Eagles look like the best team in the NfC, even though they came up flat this week against the Texans, but didn't make much difference as they still won by 18. This being said i think next week is going to be very tough for the eagles, a non confrence game vs Jacksonville. the Eagles have not faired well against good non confrence teams on the road in the past few years. i see this as a game Jacksonville may take. The eagles will have to be on there game with a bye week following this game and some major confrence games to follow.

- Two weeks in a row new orleans has dug themselves an enourmous hole, this week they could not climb out against a horrible detroit team. New orleans has a lot of potential, but they can't lose to teams like detroit. this may be a wake up call for the saints.

- With all respect to Big Al I thought his pick was more of a " The panthers can't be this good, rather than a Green Bay is a much better team and will kill them". I really didn't like this game and had a feeling Carolina would keep it close. Green Bay needs to get healthy they have some real problems and are not one of the elite teams in football anymore. There recieving core is mediocre, Antonio Freeman going to the Eagles is going to haunt them all season.

Hope everyone had a good weekend

Dave G

mikelow
09-30-2002, 09:01 PM
After a 9-3 football weekend, I think next wekend will be tough.
Good points on Green Bay. I might post a few baseball playoff selections.