PDA

View Full Version : ATo Raise it!

Roadstar
03-14-2005, 02:31 AM
Doing an absolute poker promo. Tables are tighter than the average Party table. I would say normally 2-4 to a flop. No good reads on these guys. Thanks for your comments!

Absolute Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.
Table tighter than I'm used to, figure I could knock out the blinds with this open raise.

Flop: (6.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, BB calls.

Pretty good flop unless I'm dominated so I raise.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, CO calls $0.20 (All-In).

I get check raised - did villain hit trips or flush? Either way I think a call is ok here? (though only 4 outs)

River: (11.45 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Villain still bets. Do you fold or call here?

Final Pot: 13.45 BB

By the way, does Gametime+ work with absolute poker? I couldn't get the stats to show on the tables (and I periodically email myself the hands and autoimport to pokertracker already).

Thanks!

caggin
03-14-2005, 02:53 AM
Pf and flop raises good. On the turn, you have closer to 10 outs to As full or better (A, T, 9, or 2) so a call is certainly good. On the river I make a crying call.

imported_legoman
03-14-2005, 03:03 AM
Play on and after teh flop is fine. I don't know about the preflop raise with ATo. Most hands that are calling you have you dominated, and picking up the blinds from that position is obviously not your intent.

zeropotential
03-14-2005, 03:06 AM
super easy raise pf
i'd call down here as well unless we have a very passive predictable read on him

Yobz
03-14-2005, 03:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Play on and after teh flop is fine. I don't know about the preflop raise with ATo. Most hands that are calling you have you dominated, and picking up the blinds from that position is obviously not your intent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Worst advice ever.

Don't open limp ATo from MP3, ever. The raise is perfect.

imported_legoman
03-14-2005, 03:11 AM
I muck ATo in that position, not limp.

JoshuaD
03-14-2005, 03:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Villain still bets. Do you fold or call here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely do not fold this hand. There are alot of donks who who play this hand the way he did with any AX. I'm tempted to 3-bet him on the turn, but I think calling down is best.

Sykes
03-14-2005, 03:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're joking, right?

Aaron W.
03-14-2005, 03:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know about the preflop raise with ATo. Most hands that are calling you have you dominated, and picking up the blinds from that position is obviously not your intent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the forums. You're new here, so I'll leave out the sarcasm to soften the edges a little bit.

When you're two off the button, ATo is a pretty strong hand. This fear of getting called by hands that dominate you is overblown. There are two players left to act who have position on you, and it's not likely that they even hold an ace, let alone holding a better ace. If they call, it's more likely to be some suited deal (J9s, KTs) or medium pocket pair (77-99) than it is to be a dominating ace.

Also, two off the button is an okay place to consider throwing in a steal raise, especially if the players after you are a little tight. If you imagine that the only calls you get will be hands that dominate ATo (AK-AJ, AA-JJ), then imagine how much you're losing by *NOT* raising those and picking up the blinds. The listed hands represent 57 out of the 1275 remaining starting hands left in the deck. In other words, they're folding 95.6% of the hands.

Even if you double the number of hands (since you're assuming they're tight) and say they play 10% after the raise, you've got an 81% chance of getting the button, and given reasonable tight blind calling (20% SB, 40% BB), you have almost a 40% chance of stealing the blinds outright. As a bonus, you have a good chance to win the pot by betting the flop. By the way, you dominate most of the 20% or 40% of the hands that the blinds are calling, too.

You may want to reconsider the preflop chart you are using (or if you're not using one, you may want to consider finding one).

JoshuaD
03-14-2005, 03:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an easy raise. You're hand is the best one in the remaining field something like 88% of the time. Against 4 random hands you're equity is huge.

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> equity (%) win (%) / tie (%)

Hand 1: 27.5478 % [ 00.26 00.01 ] { ATo }
Hand 2: 18.1080 % [ 00.17 00.01 ] { random }
Hand 3: 18.1710 % [ 00.17 00.01 ] { random }
Hand 4: 18.0646 % [ 00.17 00.01 ] { random }
Hand 5: 18.1087 % [ 00.17 00.01 ] { random }</pre><hr />

Raise, steal the blinds. Relish the looseness when they cold-call you.

ArturiusX
03-14-2005, 04:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't high stakes, cold calling is easy for the fish.

Roadstar
03-14-2005, 06:59 PM
Ok seems like most of the streets are ok - how about the river?

Do you fold this or make a crying call?

imported_leader
03-14-2005, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok seems like most of the streets are ok - how about the river?

Do you fold this or make a crying call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Call everytime.

gvibes
03-14-2005, 07:56 PM
This is a clear call on the river. He certainly has an ace or a boat. The times he has a lower kicker than you makes it worthwhile.

Buckmulligan
03-15-2005, 10:09 AM
I think it is an easy call. He could be slowplaying Ace/rag just the same. I can't imagine folding here.

Marquis
03-15-2005, 10:47 AM
Nice hand.